[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wtf this film is fucking awesome! Why do you hate it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
Wtf this film is fucking awesome!
Why do you hate it?
>>
Nobody hates it you reddit fucking shit
>>
>>67051509
>defending mad maxipad

hello r____t
>>
>>67051406
most of us like it
>>
File: GUN FEVER.jpg (52 KB, 1364x767) Image search: [Google]
GUN FEVER.jpg
52 KB, 1364x767
I hate it because Max's fight with the most ridiculous villain of the movie was off screen!

No seriously this movie was loved by every single person who ever viewed it, anyone bashing it here is just trying to make everyone else angry.
>>
>>67051406

it was the best film of 2016

who are you calling (You) ?
>>
Stupid tbqh.

Those brides were shit actors and the final third was garbage.
>>
Haven't watched it. Not sure if I should watch all the originals first.
>>
>>67051751
You should but it stands on its own
>>
>>67051650
?????????????
>>
>>67051621
This may sound crazy, but I loved the fact that Max just trots off into the night and apparently just BTFOs a tank crew like it's just another day for him.

>Toast: Are you hurt?
>Max: Huh?
>Toast: You’re bleeding.
>Max: Hmm.
>Furiosa: It’s not his blood.
>>
>>67051406

I bet Transformers is in your top 3.
>>
>>67051406
It was a fun flick. Too long and had a thin story.

It was all action and flavor, which is fine but only up until a certain point. It needed character development and a more interesting story. The best character only grunted the whole time

>omg they drive in a straight line then turn around and drive in a straight line backwards
>>
>>67052279

It has zero rewatch value.
>>
File: RIDING TO VALHALLA.jpg (90 KB, 1146x474) Image search: [Google]
RIDING TO VALHALLA.jpg
90 KB, 1146x474
>>67052249
Yeah I enjoyed that, it felt like we got the perspective of the other characters not knowing what happened. I still want to have seen what he did though, I can imagine how it looked to them.

>>67052279
>The best character only grunted the whole time

The best character had the best lines of the movie.

>I AM THE ONE WHO GRABS THE SUN
>>
>>67052336
Pretty much.
Although if it was re-released in black and white I'd probably check it out.
Also it was full of feminism
>The villains were men painted white
>>
>>67051406

Everybody loves Mad Max. After +40 capeshit movies, Fast/Furious-series, Bond, Expendables and tons of other repetitive norm-core crap, suddenly out of the blue comes the first action movie since Terminator 2 that is both highly original and very well made.
>>
>film
It's an enjoyable but forgettable flick, nothing more.
>>
>>67052536
More movies should tone it down with their stories and dialogue 2bh
>>
>>67052518
I thought they were painted like that after Australian aboriginals. Is that the right term?

Of course those weren't white folk and the war boys in the movie all were.
>>
>>67052536

>highly original

It's just Waterworld meets Tank Girl, except nothing happens.
>>
File: michael-bay[1].jpg (813 KB, 2344x1684) Image search: [Google]
michael-bay[1].jpg
813 KB, 2344x1684
>>67052605

I hear you loud and clear, buddy.
>>
>>67051406
I don't.
>>
>>67052336
I've rewatched it a couple of times. It holds up.
>>
>>67052775
People grow up, Bay
>>
>>67051406
-Too much fucking action, to the point that you just don't care about anything. They never slow down and actually give you a reason to care and some breeze for you to get thrilled at the next future battle,

-Retarded biker grandmas. The idea is bad, but then again that whole scene was bullshit. Furiosa sadness over muh greens was so bad that even my normie friends cringed

-Max doesn't say shit, which is normal, but the characters don't interact with max to give us some insight of him. Instead they only talk about their problems and almost ignore Max, which makes sense since they are all woman and an albino cunt

-No survival. Muh dog food was fucking good and some scenes like that would actually make me wish for action instead of what we got

-Retarded warboy drama. Come the fuck on.

-Weak as shit villain. While the warboys stuff is cool, Joe himself was shit tier, warboys carried him. The flamming guitarrist was more memorable.

-Muh obvious feminist subtext

-Muh spilled water for no reason
>>
>>67052775

Yeah, he's half way there. Even though there's still too much dialogue in his movies, and too much character development as well.

His main problem is his action sequences, that are boring and lazily made and worst of all bland if not ugly to look at - the best action movies have fantastic visuals, which actually requires skill from the cinematographer/director.
>>
>>67052918

Two hours of non-stop car crashes, explosions, and bright colors flying across the screen is boring as fuck no matter how skillfully put together.
>>
>>67052605
Yeah let's remove the one thing that is literally the spine of a movie, story

And remove the only that effectively advances character development, dialogue

No wiener boy, what we need is better dialogue and more original stories

Enjoy watching superman die
>>
File: 1402929522867.png (934 KB, 978x686) Image search: [Google]
1402929522867.png
934 KB, 978x686
>>
>>67052918

In general, some of the best movies I have seen has some of the simplest plots, no matter what genre - From Michael Haneke's Caché to Ridley Scott's Alien.
>>
File: NuxLovelyDay.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
NuxLovelyDay.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>67052509
>Oh, what a day... what a lovely day!
>>
>>67053247
found the contrarian redditor/tumblrina
>>
File: 1431390925171.jpg (131 KB, 494x720) Image search: [Google]
1431390925171.jpg
131 KB, 494x720
ITS SHIT
>>
>>67053017
>charlie chaplin films have virtually no dialogue
>charlie chaplin has no development as a character

fuck offfffffff

the true test of dialogue is to say as much as possible in the fewest amount of lines.

Quentin threw that out the window and it was still great because it felt so real. to this day i haven't seen a more honest conversation between two crooks than the fucking hamburger shit. it's amazing.

but in the wasteland you dont need to speak. you dont WANT to speak. talking gets you killed. plus you get sand in your mouth and fuck that shit.

the setting called for very little dialogue and maximum camera and that's what it did.
>>
>>67054210
>what a heavy day

fucking lol'd
>>
>>67054401

>but in the wasteland you dont need to speak. you dont WANT to speak. talking gets you killed

This single post is more entertaining than anything that happens in Fury Road.
>>
>>67051550
Go back to /v/
>>
I watched it again this weekend, I really like it tbqh. Hating it was mostly us memeing.
>>
>>67054538
i get the feeling im getting the piss taken but i stand by it. what is there to talk about?

Max doesn't give a fuck about anybody and he's a loner
Furiosa doesn't care about max and she's too focused on strategies and plans to talk to the wives
The wives are the main source of dialogue prompts because they're white women and gaggle on as such.
What's anybody near Immortan gonna say? "hey joe wat's good man so how you been?" fuck that he'd throw them out of the Horse and back up over them just for shits.
The war boys are too enamored by the deliciously dank doof riffs to chat.

Nothing more than needed is every said and talking out of line in the mad max universe will get you fucking killed.
>>
>>67054701

>and talking out of line in the mad max universe will get you fucking killed

More comedy gold.
>>
>>67054789
anon are you baiting me into talking more so i die?

y
>>
>>67053017
I didn't say remove
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.