[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your excuse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: D4IvAuzV.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
D4IvAuzV.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
What's your excuse?
>>
>>67048231

I'm a safe driver.
>>
>>67048231

I dont have autism so I dont think everyone can read my mind.

you will have to elaborate.
>>
>>67048319
but neurotypicals are the retards who think they can read everyone's minds. autists are used to not being able to
>>
>>67048231
I'm not getting any work.
>>
>>67048374
But doesn't the inability to read others' minds lead well to the assumption that everyone thinks like you do?

I had that for a long time. Now I just have a horrible anxiety at trying to speculate whether a person will react positively or negatively to something I say or do. I go with negatively so I can at least be prepared for the worst. And die early from stress.
>>
I don't have the best personal trainers a billion dollar multinational can buy
>>
>>67048231
Im above 5ft 5" (considerably)
>>
>>67048231
I don't have a new film coming out paying me millions and a professional personal trainer and dietician.

I also find that the grosser I am the more space I'll have on public transport because no-one wants to sit by me. I'll lose weight and groom when I get a car.
>>
>it's a mark hamill thread
>>
>>67048231
I'm not a Jedi.
>>
File: 1453507307832.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1453507307832.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>67048374
>>>67048319
>but neurotypicals are the retards who think they can read everyone's minds.

No offense, but you're kind of the retard. It is *easy* to read people's minds in most situations, because body language is a pretty much uncontrollable, instantaneous reaction to one's internal mental state, that gives away a shitload of information.

People pull their arms inwards when worried or scared, puff outwards when they're confident. When someone wants to leave a conversation, they'll start pointing their feet away from you (autists miss this cue a LOT). People have a bouncy gait when they're happy, and they shuffle when they're in pain, physical or mental.

The easiest time to read someone's mind through body language, is when there's a sudden change in emotion. The way the brain is wired (primary-sensory goes directly to amygdala first, and not the frontal cortex), your emotional response comes FIRST in *all* cases, and then is inhibited by the higher order areas of the brain.

>autists are used to not being able to

That's because austists/assburgers afflicted people are *specifically* not able to read body language very well, so it's a fucking mystery to them what other people might be thinking.
>>
>>67049051

I should add, I'm not saying that it's possible to read people's thoughts directly, but you can get a pretty good idea based on their body language what they might be thinking, while it's contextually related to the situation you're in.

Scenario: Conversation with a coworker, they're not fully facing you with their torso, they seem distracted, their eyes meet you less than expected for *them* at the time. You can be reasonably sure they have more important things to do (in their mind) than talk to you at that point.

Autists miss this, and often linger. Probably the most common one I've seen.
>>
>>67048231
Im not a based god
>>
>>67048231
>receding hairline
he'll never have sex again
>>
>>67048231
Fucking depressed.
>>
File: 19 yo mark.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
19 yo mark.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>67050051
His hairline looks ok to me desu
>>
>>67050051
tell that to patrick stewart
>>
>>67048231

I don't have Disney giving me millions of dollars and paying for me to have access to world class trainers and nutritionists.
>>
I don't get paid millions to act
>>
>>67050051

He has high widows peaks, he's had them forever. See
>>67050215
>>
>>67050215
fucking ginges man
>>
i dont owe you any excuses you fat fuck
>>
>>67051768
do you feel in charge?
>>
>>67048231
I`m not a jedi master.
>>
>>67048231
I'm not a gay ass jedi
>>
>>67048286
underrated post

>captcha: select all images with cars
>>
He looks better with the beard.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.