[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how was it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: _1452866741.jpg (279 KB, 600x889) Image search: [Google]
_1452866741.jpg
279 KB, 600x889
So how was it?
>>
kinda bummed it didn't relate to Cloverfield at all, but it was good up until the end, when it turned into JJ Abrams: The Ending
>>
File: bewilder.gif (994 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
bewilder.gif
994 KB, 500x384
>>67045961
>>67046305
I think the rape scene was a bit much. Half of the theater walked out when it happened

>tfw watching john goodman's thick meaty cock slide into her small frame
>tfw hearing her screams as she struggles under his weight, pinning her down
>tfw as a woman who looks a bit like MEW it turned me on like nothing else
>>
>>67046500
Anon pls stop
>>
>>67045961
I thought it was really good. The ending was a bit ridoculous, but up until that point it's really great.

I've never even seen Cloverfield, but now I'm interested
>>
File: 404.jpg (57 KB, 476x360) Image search: [Google]
404.jpg
57 KB, 476x360
>>67046500
Mfw when Anons image explains why so many sad sacks on TV constantly going on about MEW

Its literally as simple as she had blue hair once and was a manic pixy dream girl isn't it.

Fuck this place.
>>
>>67045961
I loved it, I thought it was funny when near the end the movie showed the alien spaceship doing stuff and a couple walked out.
>>
Also why is it called Cloverfield if it has nothing to do with one?
>>
>>67046622
>>67046725
Cloverfield, from what I can tell, is going to be a series mainly linked by a theme: Character-based stories in the midst of an apocalyptic disaster.

The other link is gonna be Tagruato, a company who's so fucked up that they've managed to cause the apocalypse in at least two universes.
>>
A THRILLING THRILLER THRILL-RIDE guize, pls go see 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE™ at your local IMAX™ theatre, you won't be disappointed!
The actors performances were PERFECT, though the ending felt a bit off!!! xD
Overall a SOLID SOLID film, 8.7552/10 m8s.
Ignore the shillz who complain and say it is a chashgrab that has nothing to do with Cloverfield, just a bunch of sour grapes! ;p if you like Cloverfield then you are obliged to pay just over $20 for a ticket at your local IMAX™ theatre.
Also, if you feel cheated ur a big dumb dumb and you're obviously not intellectual enough to appreciate the high-culture art of J J!
>>
>>67046998
Get your nigger-loving cock out of here,
>>
>>67046998

>Asks how was it
>Somehow shill
>>
Comes out in a month in my country, but the trailer looks quite gripping to be desu.
>>
>>67046486
i prefer the anthology approach they're going for. It allows for fresh sequels that won't get stale and gives it a twilight zone sort of feeling.
>>
>>67046998
is this what humor has devolved to on this board? is /pol/ to blame?
>>
>>67046500
>describing goodman's dick in full detail

GAAAAY
>>
>>67045961
I think it was amazing how fast the movie transitioned from perfectly executed suspense into alien killing movie #76. You can tell that JJ used his leverage on the film to get the writers to fabricate some cheap tie-in to cloverfield at the last moment.
>>
>>67047184
No, mental retardation is to blame.
>>
>>67046998

I know you're being ironic, but, it didn't need an IMAX showing, although fans of MEW probably wouldn't mind see her in short underwear in ultraHD.

The movie was okay. A lot of ups and downs -- the second half of the first third really dragged for some reason. The rest was okay. MEW fans will like it.

It's not worth seeing unless you're going to theatre or have a high quality stream because a lot of the movie is visual and auditory.

The writers owe much to Take Shelter. It would have been ballsy to have had Michael Shannon as the lead male character.
>>
>>67047054
>>67047051
Don't mind me, guys, just another anon spreading the good word of J J :^)

Also this
>>67047115
This ANTHOLOGY is a FRESH idead, because Clovie was just so, so dull and BORING desu senpai and no one really wants BORING SEQUELS anymore, especially a BORING Cloverfield sequel with unoriginal, uninspired monsters!
People are really getting into this ANTHOLOGY IDEA, just FRESH, very FRESH.
>>
>>67047317
I dunno, I thought they foreshadowed it well. You gotta watch it again to get it, though.

>Radio talking about power disruptions on the southern seaboard in the beginning
>"You should hear his theory on mutant space worms"
>"The second wave is gonna be helicopters wiping out the rest of the population--that's us."
>>
>>67047403
I repeat: Get your nigger-loving cock out of here.
>>
>>67047445
Yeah, but it should have been left to the viewer to determine what those clues meant. What happened on the outside world was just a wrapper for the conflict in the bunker, you didn't need to show anything more than the alien ship hovering over the horizon for a split second for the audience to get it.
>>
>>67046667
it's not that she was an MPDG, it's that her character was a spoof of MPDG, and anons love deconstructive movies because it makes them feel patrician while they at the same time get to love the plebeian element of it

See: NGE
>>
>>67047362
>go see the movie anon, it has MEOW in it
>pls watch
>pls
No.
>>
>>67047051
>>67047054
>>67047184
>>67047337
>>67047498
SHILLS MAD AS FUCK
>>
>>67047536
I suppose, you could have cut it off after "Oh, come on!"

However, the decision to go to Houston and fight showed that she completed her arc, she isn't running anymore. Plus that final lightning shot was fucking terrifying, I loved it.
>>
>>67047051
>>67047054
>>67047184
>>67047337
>>67047498
Lel, shills mad as fuck that someone picked up on how they market.
>>
>>67045961
All i wanna know is, did they tie the scenario with any Lovecraftian aspects?
>>
>>67047762
There wasn't much cosmic horror except for the idea that the whole outside world has been killed.
>>
>>67047815
Oh well, it is worth a watch if you liked Cloverfield right?
>>
>>67047888
I'mma be honest with you: No real connection besides Tagruato and the idea of a character-driven story in an apocalyptic scenario.

That being said, it is ass-clenching suspense. Did you see Whiplash? Remember how tense that last scene was?

Think about that but stretched to the ENTIRE THIRD ACT.
>>
>>67047888
Or if you're a fan of hitchcockian suspense.
>>
>>67047962
Cheers bigears.
Nothing else is good on cinema anyways guess i will go watch it
>>
>>67047888
Not really.
People liked Cloverfield because it was original and well thought-out, 10CL was slapped together in a desperate attempt to make money out of a flop.
Genuine fans of the original won't like this at all, especially since JJ gave said fans the middle finger by not answering their questions and switching out the monster for generic aliens in an unrelated story.
>>
>>67047670
>>67047745
Literally the same person.
>>
>>67048007
Kick ass, nigga.

Think I might try and watch it again tonight.
>>
>>67047362
lmao what similarities did this have at ALL to take shelter?

totally different themes and characters/relationships

only similarity is a bunker
>>
>>67045961
It was a solid movie. The ending was cool but i was hoping for a "were doomed type of ending".
>>
>>67046668
>and a couple walked out
fucking plebs
>>
File: Yeah Borimir.jpg (43 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
Yeah Borimir.jpg
43 KB, 500x386
>>67046500

Grade A Post anon.
>>
>>67046998
Pretty sure a shill is someone who likes something anon, not someone who hates something
>>
Lots of barefoot MEW And a few closeups

Good flick
>>
>>67047762
Its aliens.
We see a ground monster and a spaceship that she blows up.
>>
>>67047715
It would've been better if there wasn't any alien worm dog and molotov cocktail bullshit.

She sees the ship, starts driving away, hears the message and then makes her choice, with the ship looming on in the background. Would've been much more satisfying.
>>
>>67047670
>>67047745
damn, whats it feel like to suffer from schizophrenia? do you ever get out the house or are you afraid the lizard people are watching you in their black vans as well?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.