[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand the concept. Why are two do-good, vigilantes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 4
File: batmanvsuperman-xlarge.jpg (144 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
batmanvsuperman-xlarge.jpg
144 KB, 1280x721
I don't understand the concept. Why are two do-good, vigilantes fighting each other?

Who is the antagonist?

I'm not going to watch this capeshit but someone explain this retarded plot.
>>
>>67037459
>I'm not going to watch this capeshit but someone explain this retarded plot.

No fuck you, google it yourself and stop wasting everybody's else time with YOUR fucking homework.
>>
Because kids love CGI men punching each other into explosions
>>
>>67037459
Watch a fucking ad, goddamit.
Its not fucking complex
>>
>>67037459
Kids love exploding men punching each other into CGI
>>
>>67037459
Batman distrusts Superman because he's an alien whose capable of destroying the planet, so they punch each other until another another with the capability to destroy the earth shows up and they need to team up to stop him.

Just watch Civil War, they won't be teaming up in the end and invalidating their entire title.
>>
OP IS A DC FAGGOT SHILL

YOU ARE FOOLING NO ONE

FUCK OFF
>>
>>67037534
>civil war
> they won't be teaming up in the end and invalidating their entire title.
You want to bet on it?
>>
>>67037459
Stop making threads about manbaby movies and go lose your virginity.
>>
>>67037578
hell yeah bitch
>>
>>67037459
Watch literally any of the 4 trailers. All of them outline Superman and Batman's motives clearly.

Superman sees Batman as a terrorist harming citizens.

Batman sees Superman as an alien with the power to destroy the human race, and thus thinks he is too dangerous to live.

Batman instigates the fights.
>>
>>67037459
Have you ever stumbled into a conversation along the lines of "Which superhero is stronger, Spider-Man or Iron Man"?

That's the entire appeal of it: giving legitimacy to fanboy jerking.
>>
>>67037670
>That's the entire appeal of it: giving legitimacy to fanboy jerking
kill yourself , kikes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yViIi3gie2c&feature=youtu.be&t=2m45s

This scene completely make it all seem pointless. Like they're actually buddies.

>is she with you
>I thought she was with you
>>
>>67037700
You know I'm right, capeshit lover.
>>
File: brothers in arms.jpg (124 KB, 695x1023) Image search: [Google]
brothers in arms.jpg
124 KB, 695x1023
Batman doesn't trust Supes and views him as the ultimate evil pretending to be good, who could end all life on earth and enslave everyone

Super-Man views Batman as the ultimate human, but doesn't trust him, sees him as masked vigilante lord of the underworld who does whatever he wants with impunity and zero limits

They forge their friendship through this essential feud, Batman defeats Superman with intelligence and basically impresses the hell out of Superman and gains his trust, it's how the Justice League is formed

It's the only way to have a level playing field and have the Justice League make sense without Batman just being "some guy" amongst real heroes, Batman must prove himself, and he will do so in this film
>>
>>67037479
Fuck you cunt I googled the picture, if you know the answer it was as easy for you to type that than your soft cock reply.
>>67037562
Literally never seen anything DC or marvel.
>>67037603
Cmon mate, who didn't lose their virginity before 15? What are you a wizard?
>>
>>67037705
Is this bait?

They are both in their civilian guises, why would they blow their cover?
>>
>>67037725
how about i bang you're mom later, kikes
>>
>>67037705
What is Michael Cera 2.0's role in this fucking movie?

To be the geeky jubelent nerd stand in for all the other fucking geeks?
>>
>>67037734
>Fuck you cunt I googled the picture, if you know the answer it was as easy for you to type that than your soft cock reply.

Doesn't that mean it'd be as easy for you as well, dumbass?
>>
>>67037756
Watch the video moron, read his comments and understand context
Its the end scene.
>>
>>67037773
You're so ugly you would have to pay her triple, fagballs.
>>
>>67037578
>invalidating their entire title

The only way Civil War can accomplish this is if the fight between Cap and Iron-Man have absolutely zero long term effects on the MCU. I would definitely bet on that not happening.
>>
>>67037784

LOOK AT ME I'M SO FUCKING RETARDED WOOPEE SPOONFEED ME MUMMY
>>
>>67037784
Fuck you cunt google it.
>>
File: 1457670481060.jpg (123 KB, 511x500) Image search: [Google]
1457670481060.jpg
123 KB, 511x500
>>67037810

The Civil War title was already invalidated,
>>
>>67037534
>Just watch Civil War, they won't be teaming up in the end and invalidating their entire title.
Except they totally will you child. What the fuck do you thibk Captain Zemo is for?

Whats the capeshit analogue for console war?
>>
>>67037806
Fuck you cunt ,I swear to god that i'm gonna cum inside her balls deep that you literally off yourself buck naked , m'kay

captcha : grass
>>
>>67037635
>batman harming citizens

But that's stupid. A 5 minute convo can easily prevent these two from fighting.

>but lex tricks them into fighting

Also stupid considering Batman is the greatest detective that ever lived or whatever
>>
>>67037845
19 vs 10 characters? whoopee big difference
>>
>>67037890

Way more than 19, faggot.
>>
All capeshit is retarded
Fuck this board, the number of redditors "discussing" this shit has flown through the fucking roof the last month. I'm actually repulsed by it
>>
>>67037459
I mean, does it really matter? It's a children's movie after all
>>
>>67037578
Yes. There's absolutely no chance the characters will team up at the end of the movie. In the comic, Cap eventually gives up once he realizes how much damages he causes and is assassinated in policy custody anyway.

The villains in this movie, Baron Zemo/Crossbones/etc. exist solely to get Civil War started, sort of like Nitro from the comic. They will most likely blow up the UN, which will be blamed on Bucky, despite him having nothing to do with it. This will trigger the Civil War.

Bet me on it.
>>
>>67037919
Not in that panel.
Theres more than 10 in Civil War the movie too, im just going off that pic
>>
>>67037870
>If there's a one percent chance he's hostile we have to take him out

There you go, it's literally explained in the trailer.
>>
>People dont want to watch two of the most powerful men in 'this universe' to have a testosterone fuelled fight
back to your Civil Handbags film, children
>>
>>67037785
Of course it would have been as easy for me.
But it wouldn't have led to this and every other discussion in this thread.
Get baited motherfucker.
>>
>>67037858
Yea Zemo is there but it doesn't change the fact that the reason Cap and Ironman are fighting is still valid. BvS is just them fighting for no real reason and then teaming up
>>
>>67037858
>Except they totally will you child. What the fuck do you thibk Captain Zemo is for?

Baron Zemo could either be the person who starts the Civil War by framing Bucky, or he could be a villainous character Iron Man employs to be on his side during the conflict. There were tons villains in the actual Civil War comic too, and the two groups never teamed up.

If the end of the movie is Iron Man and Steve are joking around with, "Is that Spider kid with you?" "No, I thought underoos was with you!" And then a giant monster rushes towards them, then I will literally kill myself in the theater.
>>
>>67037459
Jew gets goyim to fight

Goyim destroy lots of shit

Jew goddess comes to the rescue and makes them stop

BVS in a nutshell
>>
>>67038010
>flamboyantly dressed homos punching each other for two hours while a stick in a corset rolls her eyes
>>
>>67037984
Lol even more stupid because how the hell would they end up teaming up? Batman is way to cynical to believe at any point that Superman is 100% a good guy. Batman would always have doubt. If that's the case why would he ever decide NOT to take him out.
>>
>>67038055

>the reason Cap and Ironman are fighting is still valid

Cap being faggot and wanting to protect his lover who's a wanted murderer? Nice. I'll take Donald Trump as Batman over that any day.
>>
>>67038055
Holy shit, fuck off marvel shill
>>
>>67038113
Sill better than
>hurr you are really strong you might be bad so let's fight
>oh yea? Well you hurt criminals too much and it's better to just snap their necks and kill them so let's fight
>>
>>67038113
Cap protecting war hero POW brainwashing victim crippled boyfriend whos save his life a dozen times from assassination.
>>
>>67038191
Come here often DC marketer?
>>
>>67038108
Batma collapses after "defeating" Supernan because of his injuries and Superman takes him to Wayne Manor.
>>
>>67038191
>no argument

>>67038108
Because they want to force a Justice League movie without earning it through individual superhero films first.

Which is probably smart since DC doesn't seem to make Marvel money with their films.

>>67038113
If being a wanted murderer is enough to be taken in, why is Scarlet Witch and Black Widow allowed to walk around freely?
>>
>>67038242

Still gay as fuck.
>>
>>67037784
>Michael Cera 2.0
kek that's so true
>>
>>67038262

>If being a wanted murderer is enough to be taken in, why is Scarlet Witch and Black Widow allowed to walk around freely?

Because Marvel's movies suck and make no sense. Man, you really walked into that one.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 600x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 600x504
>>67038281
>>
>>67038281
>Implying Superman and Batman arent the best written couple in comics history
>>
>>67037534
>they won't be teaming up in the end and invalidating their entire title.
Batman v Superman: DAWN OF JUSTICE
>>
>>67038262
Do you watch movies that are not capeshit? You dont need a solo movie for each character to make an ensemble movie you fucking braindead child.
>>
>>67038303
>Witch didnu du nuffin
She never killed anyone directly...Hulk did that
>Scarlet Witch
all her kills were classified.
>>
>>67038262

>Because they want to force a Justice League movie without earning it through individual superhero films first.

And that's why Lord of the Rings never amounted to anything. We never got The Legolas, Frodo Baggins Begins, The Aragorn's Journey, Gandalf the Grey and so on. all these marvelous individuals movies needed to set up these important characters.
>>
>>67038339
>Their title invalidates their title.

>>67038356
The point of Justice League is that a bunch of disparate fully established heroes join forces. Not that a bunch of heroes are working together.
>>
>>67037858
>>67037858
>captain zemo

Any avengers could take him solo. Hell even shield 13 or hawkeye could do it alone. Witch or vision could erase him in seconds. So you think 11 OP character will get together to kill Baron Zemo. Really?

I would understand if u said thanos or galactus
>>
>>67038335
>Implying they are
>Implying it isn't kiddie shit
>Reading comics after the age of 18 that aren't one off's..
Fuck off shill
>>
>>67038410
>11 OP characters
More like...5
Maybe 6.
Ant Man Iron Man Black Iron Man, Witch, Vision, maybe Black Panther unclear how badass he actually is
>>
>>67038442
>Excluding spider man.

triggered
>>
>>67038421

Dude, you realize that you're fighting to prove that the Marvel's movies are gayer than the DC ones, right? You're fighting even about that.

Either way, fine. You win. Cap and Bucky are gayer than Batman and Superman. Super gay.
>>
>>67038421
How am I implying it isnt kiddie shit?
Its totally kiddie shit. But you need some fanservice in there for the mums.
Batman <3 Superman: Dawn of Just-Ass
>>
>>67038471
Spiderman isnt OP. Hes the perfect amount. Powerful enough that he cant be randomly shot by any thug, but not so OP theres no conflict without asspulls and poorly defined powerlevels.
>>
>>67038442
How is Hulk not OP? Cause he dumb dumb?
>>
>>67038396
It literally is a bunch of heroes working together. Was Martian Manhunter an "established hero" when he found the JL? Were there animated series for every character before that famous cartoon was released? No, fuck off with disney mentality.
>>
>>67038665
hes not involved.

>>67038680
Yes Martian Manhunter was an established hero.
Not in the cartoons, but in the comics. The Justice League getting together made sense in the comics, they were all respected and loved heroes, except Batman.
But in these movies? People are freaking out about one, and their solution is to get 6 more? Sure that makes sense. Establishing them first would make sense, in the narrative they have created.
>>
>>67037459
What? they already spoiled that in the trailers... they team up and somehow wonderstickfigure gets there...
>>
>>67038794
>hes not involved
Oh right, I had forgotten the point of the post
>>
>>67038794
>People are freaking out about one, and their solution is to get 6 more? Sure that makes sense.

It's like, over the course of the movie, they'll realize they're wrong and that bigger threats are coming that need more heroes.
>>
>>67037963
I don't think the Civil War is gonna get triggered on a false accusation, Bucky is gonna be hunted because of all the crimes he has already committed.
>>
>>67037459
>Movie is called "X VS Y"
>The trailer ends with X, Y and Z standing on the same side against a common enemy

Sure is hard to guess what's gonna happen in the fucking movie.

Why fucking even call a movie Batman versus Superman if they won't explicitly tell us which one wins. You can bet your ass their fight ends in a draw or a time-out, so what's the fucking point.
>>
>>67037670

Not in the case of batman vs superman. Superman could punch batmans head off with one punch. Not much of a movie to see there
>>
>>67039087
because manbabys will accept the same predictable thing over and over, and buy action figures for it.
>>
>>67039087
They changed it to V instead of VS.
>>
>>67037459

Every time this preview comes on my wife asks the same thing. "Why are they fighting? Aren't they both good guys?"

Regular folk don't understand le edgy hero fighting.
>>
>>67039595
>"Men tend to become best friends after fighting"
>>
>>67039087
Why are you bashing the film based on your speculation?
>>
>>67039807
I'm bashing it based on the bad trailer.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez_TA97jyGM
>>
>>67038221
Hur, you're an alien who's fight with an alien caused billions of dollars of damage and probably hundreds of thousands of casualties. I'm a billionaire who was in the middle who's city is across a river, whos building got destroyed in the destruction. I'm also a viscous criminal abusing dude who dresses as a bat with mommy and daddy issues. Of course it doesn't make sense for us to be completely at odds with each other, its not like we're literally complete opposites of each other.
>>
Not really about BvS, but I don't feel like making another capeshit thread.

Does anyone else get this impression that by the end of Civil War, Cap is going to be the one who's on the "wrong side"? I feel like Cap might be fighting for the wrong reasons. Everyone else on his side will think they're fighting for muh freedoms, when really Cap is just fighting for Bucky.

In the trailers, Iron Man's concerns seem like completely legitimate concerns, and all Cap can say in response is "If I see things heading south, I can't ignore it." and "He's my friend." Unless there's some major, glaring flaw with the Registration Act, we have no reason to think that things might be "heading south", and Bucky being Cap's friend has nothing to do with the Registration Act. It just has to do with Cap wanting to protect his friend.

Since we know that characters like Crossbones and Baron Zemo will be involved, it's possible that there is something sinister behind the Registration Act, but the trailers make it look like Cap is really only focused on protecting Bucky.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.