[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do most big comedians look serious and dead inside all the time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1442359535846.jpg (33 KB, 679x478) Image search: [Google]
1442359535846.jpg
33 KB, 679x478
Why do most big comedians look serious and dead inside all the time?
>>
>>67037381
he's probably just jewish
>>
>>67037381
the best comedians have had an enormous amount of pain to deal with, and comedy becomes their talent because it's a coping mechanism for their suffering

which is why most of these guys who were great when they were younger and poorer are less funny after years of success and wealth
>>
File: giphy.gif (420 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
420 KB, 500x282
>>
>>67038018
This pretty much
>>
>>67037381

He looks almost handsome.
>>
Because they are? It's the same reason I use sarcasm and humor so much in daily life.
>>
>>67038018
this.
>>
>>67038018
this! just look at how robin williams ended.
>>
He isn't actually a comedian, he's just a comedy actor, but that's true, I think the only exception is Louis CK.
>>
Do you want them to act like unfunny cunts off-stage too?
>>
>>67038018
this, humour is the best coping mechanism and you get better at most things with practice
>>
File: pagliacci.jpg (122 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
pagliacci.jpg
122 KB, 500x647
>>67038235
>but doctor...
>>
>>67038018
This.

Also, being a clown all day is painful. It's the least funny job in the world besides being a child prostitute or the guy that cleans up cum from the glass after peep shows.
>>
>>67039838
sauce?
>>
>>67039796
Louis Ck is doing better now.
Listen to his tribute to George Carlin or watch Louie or his videos when he was doing bars, and you'll get his going trough some pretty shitty moments
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.