[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Better Call Saul
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: mike.png (268 KB, 1146x576) Image search: [Google]
mike.png
268 KB, 1146x576
>Why are we shooting all of my scenes first, Vince?
>>
>Questioning the director on something that doesn't concern him
>>
>episode is called Killers
>nobody gets killed

fuck you Vince
>>
So when are Walt and Jesse coming into the show?

When is Jimmy going to turn into Saul Goodman?

This show pacing is too slow desu, I thought It was suppose to be life after Breaking Bad not before.
>>
Literally nothing has happened this season

This show is now worse than Game of Thrones
>>
>>67037054
Doesn't he just look older than he is?
I think he would be the kind of person to stay reasonably healthy.
>>
>>67038123
I think it's moving faster than early S1, desu.
>>
>>67037600
>Episode is called lol
>no laughs are had
>>
>>67037054
Still fucking weird how he suddenly is fine after Walt shot him
>>
>>67038123
>watching game of thrones
Well, thats summed up your opinion in this thread
>>
>where am i
>i want to go home
>where are my stickers
>>
I reckon the final episode will tie up BCS with Breaking Bad at the episode where Saul is introduced - Better Call Saul.

Then at the end of the episode, we'll fast forward to his job as a cinnabon guy and an escaped Jesse will appear
>>
>>67038392
hope this shit show will get canceled fast
>>
>>67038436
cancel this

*unzips dick*
>>
>>67038392
New Jesse spinoff when?

I bet that show will be TOO quick paced
>There will never be a proper BB replacement show.
>>
>>67038368
>I miss wiseguy
>where's ken
>vince why did you take my whiskey away
>>
>>67037054

Can someone explain how he's alive? I thought he died at the end of Breaking Bad??
>>
>>67038615
BCS is a prequel you dumbass
>>
>>67038642
autism
>>
>>67038642
trolled u XDD
>>
Jonathan Banks has been a working actor since the 1970s — Imdb.com lists more than 150 movies and TV shows he’s appeared in, including “Wiseguy,” “Beverly Hills Cop” and “48 Hrs.” — but there is little doubt he has never been as recognizable as he is now, thanks to his Emmy-nominated performance as Mike Ehrmantraut in “Breaking Bad” and “Better Call Saul.” Playing a grizzled ex-cop from Philly who works as an enforcer for a meth operation and a private investigator and fixer for corrupt lawyer Saul Goodman, the 69-year old Washington, D.C. native has become a cult figure giving a must-see performance. We spoke with the actor, a hugely entertaining and completely uncensored interviewee, by phone from Los Angeles.
>>
>>67038734
What did you think of Mike when you first read for the part?

I thought I was gonna go in and play a tough guy, a very adept and competent tough guy. It was just supposed to be a guest part, but I guess they liked me.

What is it about Mike that has made him such a cult favorite?

He’s so flawed. I guess the trite way to say it is he’s such an anti-hero. He doesn’t forgive himself. And in a world of people justifying what they do, this is a man who makes no excuses about himself. I don’t think it hurts that you have an older actor playing that character. There’s a very world-weary quality. And this guy did not get a break. It’s been painful, and he’s gonna go to his grave with what he has done.

You’ve played a lot of bad guys in your career. What is it about you that casting directors see you in those roles?

I don’t know, I’m not very pretty. Even when I was a youngster, back in D.C., at 18 you could drink, even at 18 I could walk into a bar and have no idea I wanted to get into a fight, and someone would come over and away we’d go. I just have that kind of look.

What got you interested in acting?

From the time I could visually perceive film or TV, I was just enthralled by it. I thought it was the most wonderful thing in the world. I was raised by a single mom, so maybe that flight of fantasy that takes you away. I wasn’t a bad kid, but I was a product of the streets, because my mom wasn’t there, she was working and going to school. I was in high school, and my mom had gotten her teaching certificate, and she took me to her school in Silver Spring. I would watch the plays, and the woman who was directing the plays, she yelled ‘Banks, you’re a chicken why don’t you audition?’ And we did Shaw’s ‘The Devil’s Disciple,’ and that was it. And all of a sudden, my life changed. The kids in theater were nice to me, and my grades went up.

Any acting idols growing up?
>>
>>67038746
In my junior year I saw “Zorba the Greek” with Anthony Quinn, and I was transported by it. I wanted to live, laugh, travel. To this day, I love Anthony Quinn. “Requiem For A Heavyweight,” there are so many things he did.

How does it feel to have this kind of celebrity and acclaim at such a late date?

Great. What a comfort that is. You talk about lucky, holy [expletive]. I don’t know what to say to that. How [expletive] lucky am I?
>>
>>67038368
>3dgy millenials on the internetz making fun of people over 50
>>
>>67038898

Clint Eastwood looks younger than Banks and he is 16(!!!) years older.
>>
>>67038994

>Clint Eastwood looks younger than Banks

no, no he doesn't.
>>
>>67037054
How does he look older now if this is suppose to take place in the past? Shouldn't he look younger? Immersion ruined.
>>
>>67037054

If he dies will they cancel the show?
>>
>>67037600
>episode is called Cancer Man
>the title remains the only X-Files callback
wtf Vince, I'm here for the fan service you know
>>
>>67037828
How is Jesse going to come into the show when he's supposed to be a teenager at this point in the story, but he's a balding 35 year old now? They're going to have to go into the future before Jesse can make a cameo
>>
>>67040502
It would be extremely dramatic
>>
>>67040719

He's an old guy
>>
>>67040751
For the show
>>
File: logo.png (527 KB, 1259x1063) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
527 KB, 1259x1063
>>67037054

Plebfilter: The Show.
>>
>>67038642
Jokes on you, I was merely pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>67038746
>He’s so flawed

Lol, Mike is borderline James Bond. That fucking episode where he steps into a building, murders everybody and shoots a dude through the wall
>>
Jonathan Banks has looked old since before I was born.
That's just his face.
>>
>>67040849
both have the same audience retard
>>
>>67041429

nah bcs filters out the americans
>>
>>67041449

This.
>>
>>67041449
wrong
>>
Odenkirk is pushing mid 50s and the make up effect is already starting to wear off, how long can they keep this show going?
>>
Why would bcs filter out the americans?
>>
>>67041547
this

BCS is a simple cashgrab using the good breaking bad name

it doesnt even make any sense
>>
>>67041429

I bet you're the retarded mouthbreather who likes explosions.
>>
>>67041606
breaking bad doesnt have hardly any explosions, its a drama

fucking child
>>
File: bcs countries.png (61 KB, 756x428) Image search: [Google]
bcs countries.png
61 KB, 756x428
>>67041449

http://www.parrotanalytics.com/news/which-countries-are-most-excited-about-the-return-on-better-call-saul/
>>
>>67041639
haa you fell for it
>>
>>67041639

all of which are complaining about the pace and lack of action
>>
>>67041622

I didn't say anything about BB. I just said that you're a mopey faggot.
>>
>>67041771
lol retard
>>
>>67037054
If this is a prequel, why does the opening shot take place after Breaking Bad? So is that one scene a sequel, but everything else is a prequel? What the fuck do you call that? A seprequel? I need answers Gilligan you fuck
>>
>>67041588

I mean I like the show but theres only so much you can do to make a 55 year old a young 30s go-getter. Even with the make up you can see those deep wrinkles in his face.
>>
>>67041798

You need friends, retarded kid :^)
>>
>>67041909
>I keep saying bad words!!!
>>
>>67041639
not canon
>>
>>67038994
Clint Eastwood looks like a mummy.
>>
>>67041881
It's just a framing narrative for now. But we might see what happens to him in the future.
>>
The show would be better if it wasn't completely devoid of tension. In Breaking Bad, we were hiding bodies by episode 3. It's Season 2 of BCS and the only tension comes from Jimmy almost-losing-his-job-but-not-really even though we already know he will quit/lose his job at some point.

Get to the criminal shit.
>>
>>67041918
Face it. He blew you the fuck out.
>>
>>67037828
If the pace is too slow you shouldn't be watching television for adults. Why not try Brooklyn Nine Nine.
>>
>>67037828
>So when are Walt and Jesse coming into the show?
>When is Jimmy going to turn into Saul Goodman?

Is this bait?
>>
>>67042398
>>
I bet you haven´t seen todays episode yet..

Spoiler.. Jesse shows up at Jimmy´s law firm for a job interview.
>>
>>67042230

there is tension in practically every scene of BCS, it's just not the same kind of pleb 2edgy4u tension BrBa had. it's actual well-written, realistic tension.

also did you not see the whole scene with Tuco?
>>
>>67038368
Kek
>>
>>67037600

the episode was called Gloves Off, what are you on about?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.