[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Grievous was a serious threat and was basically a horror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: CWanimatedGrievous.jpg (25 KB, 400x309) Image search: [Google]
CWanimatedGrievous.jpg
25 KB, 400x309
> Grievous was a serious threat and was basically a horror movie monster in a Star Wars setting
> He gets retconned into being a fucking joke and incompetent villain

Litterally fucking why?
>>
>retconned
You seem confused.
>>
>>67036562
heaven forbid a word is not used correctly on this shithole of a website
literally is a word you should be getting onto people for, anon
>>
>>67036562
Well, even in the new Clone Wars stuff he's in incompetent mode, so it seems to retcon the Genndy stuff.
>>
>>67036639
>retcon
You seem confused.
>>
>>67036656
All right then grammar police, what's the correct word for this situation?
>>
Grievous was always a stupid fucking character.
>>
The Tartovsky Cartoon Network series was a prelude to events of ep 3.
They were given story notes and images and allowed to make the inconsequential filler. I imagine the got his picture, a brief description and "make sure he gets injured".

Funny how the voice actor they chose was a lot better than who they got in the movie.
IMO, this series and Battlefront 2 were the only things that justify the prequels' existence.
>>
>omg he's swing six laser swords at once what a badass
>>
>>67036656
>>67036694

He's being a faggot since Genndy's stuff isn't canon.
>>
>>67036791
Oh, thought that the Clone Wars stuff was, it did lead up to the opening of episode III.
>>
File: thisisnowcanon.jpg (196 KB, 762x1064) Image search: [Google]
thisisnowcanon.jpg
196 KB, 762x1064
Reminder that Genndy's stuff isn't canon, but this is.

Bravo Lucas.
>>
>>67036999
>Bravo Lucas.

Isn't the canon nonsense more Disney's fault?
>>
File: 1456994508264.gif (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456994508264.gif
22 KB, 500x500
>>67036656

>Muh grammar

I bet you feel you were born in the wrong generation
>>
File: 1452716923214.jpg (59 KB, 456x346) Image search: [Google]
1452716923214.jpg
59 KB, 456x346
>>67036999
trips confirm
>>
>>67036999
Elaborate.

Never watched the cartoon shit. And I doubt Lucas ever said himself it's canon.

To me only what the creator does is canon, I-VI.
>>
>>67037062
Are you really this underage?

Is /tv/ the most underage board on 4chan?
>>
>>67036958

It was until The Clone Wars came out.
>>
>>67037857
Anakin and Ahsoka were fucking like rabbits
>>
>>67036542
>>retconned
I'm sorry good sir, but the children cartoon was never canon. He wasn't retconned into a pussy, he was always a pussy, that was erroneously portrayed as a bad ass to kids to sell toys.
>>
>>67037982
EU was never canon to the movies.
>>
>>67038528
He loves Padme. And no proof.
>>
>>67036542
George Lucas is a shit writer that somehow(jews) got his mediocre movies into pop culture
>>
>>67039121
George invented pop culture
>>
>>67036542
Lack of communication and collaboration between George and the people who made this cartoon.

The original Clone Wars cartoon had alot of inconsistencies with the movies.

Mace Windu did a Salron when surrounded by 10,000 droids. If he was that powerful... both the Arena fight and his battle with the Sheev would have ended.
>>
>>67040428
>Lack of communication and collaboration between George and the people who made this cartoon.

It was a cartoon for kids, it was never meant to be a serious tie in into EU. It was there to make characters from the movies look cool so that kids tell their parents to take them to see RotS.
>>
>>67039121
>George Lucas is a shit writer that somehow(jews) got his mediocre movies into pop culture

Sheer dumb luck. He was fully expecting Star Wars to flop and went off to Hawaii to sulk and think about what he might try to do next (if anyone would give him any money) before the premiere. Imagine his surprise when he got the call saying people were lining up around the block to get into the handful of cinemas showing it. He had enough business savvy to turn its success into an enduring entertainment empire, but he never became a very good writer or director.
>>
>>67041830
>He had enough business savvy
Its documented he actively went out of his way to make the worst movies he could imagine, only for them to continually be successful.

He didn't have savvy, he's literally a case of failing upwards. His life is the producers.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.