[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The first two seasons were GOAT but it's just been garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: 91XpP2iw6qL._SL1500_.jpg (307 KB, 1067x1500) Image search: [Google]
91XpP2iw6qL._SL1500_.jpg
307 KB, 1067x1500
The first two seasons were GOAT but it's just been garbage since Darabont left.

I kinda think anyone who likes the show since season 2 is a retard.
>>
Season 2 was awful, are you kidding? Rick and group sit around a farm crying about being a cuck with filler zombies.

Season 1 was good, 3-6 are dog shit, 2 was running diarrhea.
>>
>after the first season
after that darabont left it had problems, wasn't shot as well, there were holes in what shouldn't have holes and it just paced itself poorly.
The only thing keeping this show alive is it is based off a good comic and it had a good foundation set from the first season
>>
Who are you kidding nigger this show has been garbage ever since Gangbanger Nursing Home all the way back in season 1
>>
>>67030540
>Rick and group sit around a farm crying about being a cuck
I don't understand how this is criticism
>>
>>67030540
>>67030561
There wasn't as much zombie stuff but season 2 has some of the best written and acted character drama I've seen in a TV show. It benefits a lot from watching episodes back to back. The whole season is paced like a movie.
>>
>>67030737
Let's compare season 1 and 2.

In season 1 we only had 6 episodes. From that time we had Rick getting out of the hospital, meeting Morgan and surviving together, leaving them to meet up with Glen's group to get out of the city, meet back with his family in camp, leave said camp to arrive at the science facility, and then the finale with them leaving the last chance of hope of a cure and humanity being saved. We have the plot being progressed with quick paced character development affected by said plot progressing.

In season 2 we have Carl getting shot, Shane grabbing medicine, and after that Rick and co jerk themselves off in a farm. For 12 episodes. "Character development" now turns to everyone talking endlessly about the same thing over and over again, whining incessantly about hurt feelings.

For 12 episodes the story advanced less than the first season which had half the episodes. Because AMC Jews decided to cut the budget and milk a franchise that was successful thanks to Darabont.
>>
Season 6> Season 5> Season 4> Season 3> Season 1> Season 2

I enjoy this show more and more as it progressed because I like seeing the characters become more and more depraved and murderous.
>>
>>67030953
>now turns to everyone talking endlessly about the same thing over and over again, whining incessantly about hurt feelings.

Again how is that a bad thing? Why would you watch a show for "plot progression". That seems like a complete waste of time. This show was never about "plot progression".
>>
Season 6B is GOAT
>>
>>67030953
Action and physical progression does not in any way equate to better storytelling. The season on the way to Terminus was absolutely shit but I could rail off a bunch of stuff they do in that season.
>>
>>67031008
>Again how is that a bad thing?
Seriously?

It's a show about zombies. It's a show based on a comic book that's quick paced with Rick and co facing multiple dangers throughout. The bread and butter is suppose to be plot, action, and violence. Rambling philosophy about humanity is suppose to be the seasoning.

It's not suppose to be a soap. And from season 2 it turned in to a soap. If I wanted a soap I would turn to the Spanish channel and watch their shit.
>>
Season 1 > Season 5 > Season 4 > Season 6 > Season 3 > Season 2

Thoughts? Season 6 could probably swap with Season 4, but the first half let it down.
>>
>>67031110
>It's a show about zombies. It's a show based on a comic book that's quick paced with Rick and co facing multiple dangers throughout. The bread and butter is suppose to be plot, action, and violence. Rambling philosophy about humanity is suppose to be the seasoning.
>It's not suppose to be a soap. And from season 2 it turned in to a soap. If I wanted a soap I would turn to the Spanish channel and watch their shit.

Non criticism.
When I first got into the series I knew it was a show about a realistic depiction of the human condition during something crazy and ridiculous like a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. Season 2 nailed that theme down perfectly until the finale where a god damn smaurai chick comes out of fucking nowhere. It took a 180 degree turn into a video gamey action-adventure crap.
>>
File: uh wht.gif (545 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
uh wht.gif
545 KB, 500x275
>>67030901
>>
>>67031211
Thanks, I was struggling to put it into words
>>
>>67030229
This is the truest of opinions. S2 has its faults for sure, mostly due to some things surviving the rewrites after darabont left and others didn't. But people that think its the worst season need to be shot. It is truly the biggest pleb filter on here. Like anyone who says S2 is bad, ask them what movies they like and shit. The results are always hilarious.

>inb4 hurr durr u think ur better than us
>>
>>67031379
I think it was the worst season, but I don't think it was a bad season. I don't know if that makes sense.
>>
>>67030229
season 2 was the worst and they were losing fans because of it.
>>
>>67031211
I just can't fathom how plot not progressing isn't considered criticism by your standards.

Tell me what your idea of criticism is then. Because even aside preferentials on what a show is, there was other feces covering season 2.

Season 2 was carried by Shane and Rick's acting. Carl, Lori, the farmer's mom and the other side characters that got gacked on last episode, lol T-Dog were all horrible actors.

There were brain-dead retarded moments. Lowering Glenn to try and rope a zombie out of a well to try and save the water after the fact that DALE ALREADY ESTABLISHED THE FACT THAT THE WATER MIGHT BE INFECTED BY KNOCKING T-DOG'S WATER SPOOL. Lori looking at a map to drive on a one road and SWERVING TO THE SIDE IN FULL SPEED WHEN SHE SEES A ZOMBIE. Oh hey, this kid got nailed through a fence LETS JUST RIP OUT HIS LEG FROM THE FENCE IN FULL FORCE. Farmer boy son putting his bus next to the bran WITH HIS BUS DOOR OPEN FOR THE ZOMBIES TO WALK RIGHT IN.

The problem with your statement,
>realistic depiction of the human condition during something crazy and ridiculous like a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

boils down to the fact that season 1 was able to already establish this all the while progressing the story. From intolerable people with differences coming together as a group (Hispanics, blacks, redneck wife beats), family that sticks together (Andrea and her sister), the role of women who don't fight in this world (Lori explains this), the idea of giving up in a world without hope (the last episode with black lady and scientist dying together happily while the others are frantic to escape and survive).

Tell me why season 2 couldn't do exactly what you wanted and described all the while progressing the plot. Just like season 1 did.
>>
>>67031379
S2>S1>>S5>>S4>>>S3>S6
The end halfs of S3 and S6 are better than the first halfs but S6's first half is worse than S3's so it goes last. Fuck all the comic fags that thought it was good because things from the comic happend.
>>
>>67031379
I've used it as my personal pleb filter for a long time.
>>
>>67031402
That makes sense but not to me. I can under stand people who find S5 or 1 to be better. I can under stand comic fags that think S6 is the most epicest one because of their comic memes. I don't understand people who think S2 has nothing good about, nay more bad than good.
>>
>>67031451
same here, once i saw a dude use comparisons of S6 and some capeshit to explain why its good. People like that exist on this board...
>>
>>67030229
>>67030737
>>67031379
>>67031431
>>67031451
>>67031462
BASED
A
S
E
D

I love when i can talk to non retards about this garbage show. Latest episode was actually pretty good though.
>>
>>67031489
I think that's the underlying problem. It very much feels like an overfly produced produced, focus grouped and money driven series. Until season 2 it all felt fairly realistic and focused on having good characters and storytelling. Now it's more focused on "le darryl dies we riot"
>>
>>67031419
I never said I disliked s1.
Also, character stupidity doesn't equate to bad characters
>>
>>67031512
>Latest episode was actually pretty good though.
Thats the Walking Dead curse isn't it? Theres always like two real good episodes each half season that keep you coming back
>>
>>67030229
Season 2 is by far the worst season, and that's saying a lot.
>>
>>67031539
Exacatally.
the funniest thing is. S2 should have been a "misstep" It should have had the writers say, "We didn't nail all the characters and some episodes were ordered badly. Lets improve on that." They didn't. they just upped the action, downed the characters and added memes for normies.
>>
>>67031547
>character stupidity doesn't equate to bad characters

The world needs more people like you
>>
>>67031132
Pilot > s1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest (it's shit)

Seriously.
>>
>>67030229
season 2 is stupid. fuck that farm and bs drama with no pay off

the best seasons had the governor but this season isnt bad pacing wise

i am sure OP is just some butt hurt soccer mom who stopped watching when carol had to shoot a kid which was a great scene. i re-watched that shot a few times.

they should shoot 1 kid every season now. nobody is safe
>>
>>67031379
What movies do you like? Prove your superior taste. Try to refrain from green texting hurr durr, if possible.
>>
File: episode-7-rick-sophia.jpg (138 KB, 760x535) Image search: [Google]
episode-7-rick-sophia.jpg
138 KB, 760x535
>>67031720
>implying this scene wasn't the best pay off throughout the entire show
>>
File: 97d2ZSu.jpg (42 KB, 604x450) Image search: [Google]
97d2ZSu.jpg
42 KB, 604x450
Jesus Christ, this board has reached SJW-levels of whining about anything people like

>Walking dead is objectively shit!
>Star Wars is objectively shit!
>All superhero movies are objectively shit!
>Game of Thrones is objectively shit!

>Obscure director nobody has ever heard of outside of coffee shops or film school makes true art!

You people are no better, and are probably worse, than faggots in high school who complain about bands "selling out" because they manage to make some money. Just because something is popular you think you have to signal how patrician you are by denouncing it.

You're the equivalent of the fat girls and betas who play the latest SJW text-based mental illness simulator and exalt it as true art. Actually, you're probably the same people, so fuck you.
>>
The first half of season 1 is pretty good. True the comics, yet with a good amount of new material leaving everyone happy. The second half though, is fucking horrendous. The nosedive was dizzying.

Season 2 had some moments. But mostly, it's terrible. Other than the barn scene and the finale, the whole thing is pointless garbage.

Season 3-4 is more hit or miss, but the most consistent the show has ever been. Some stretches are genuinely great. But there are more than enough shit episodes and pretty much all of the new non-comic material sucks.

By season 5 it's just hard to care anymore. The writers are getting out of control and their new content is atrocious. The worst season since 2.

Current season hasn't been particularly good, but definitely an improvement over 5. No Way Out is the best episode the series has produced since the pilot. But there is still an abundance of flat out stupid writing and again the new content is consistently terrible.
>>
>>67031889
>the walking dead/game of thrones compared to star wars and superhero movies
completely unrelated
>>
>>67030229
finally someone who likes season 2. It was the peak of the show IMO. Darabont should never have left.
>>
File: 1364218728406.png (261 KB, 332x397) Image search: [Google]
1364218728406.png
261 KB, 332x397
>It's another "carol is a badass" episode
>>
File: what2.jpg (24 KB, 486x414) Image search: [Google]
what2.jpg
24 KB, 486x414
>>67032090
>It's a Sasha episode
>>
>>67031923
I didn't like No Way Out at all. I didn't even give two shits when Jessie and Sam died. Same with Carl getting shot. I dunno, I think it's the directing in that episode. It didn't feel impactful at all. It was supposed to be one of the best moments of the show, but I honestly thought it was one of the worst.
>>
>>67032134
>I honestly thought it was one of the worst

Why? I don't think you are supposed to care that much when Jessie and her little shit kid get eaten (not like it's some huge emotional scene in the comics either), but I don't see why it would be perceived as "one of the worst moments in the series".

I didn't like how they changed Carl getting shot either though. The teenage drama between him and the other kid was yet another retarded unnecessary addition by the inept writers.
>>
File: pepe398.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
pepe398.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>>67032134
>that scene where Glenn gets completely surrounded by zombies but gets saved AGAIN

took the episode from a 7/10 to a 4/10
>>
File: kashima pls go.png (369 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
kashima pls go.png
369 KB, 480x480
>>67032121
>>67032090
>Tara: By the way, I'm gay and have a girlfriend on this very progressive show of ours
>>
>>67032192
I dunno, like I said I felt that the directing didn't make it a very impactful scene. It all just happened very rushed and the writing was just silly. I love every episode after that though. With the exception of No Way Out, I thought that the back half of season 6 is already miles better than the front half.
>>
>>67030540
>Shane being Shane
>The School bit
>best finale of the series
>hershels daughters
>coral
>andrea being a thirsty slut

It was bretty gud m8 come on
>>
>>67032215
And they both somehow manage to be fat in a zombie apocalypse where they're starving.
>>
>>67032240
It's a scene about zombies eating auxiliary characters. How impacted do you expect to be? Other than the Carl scene it happens pretty much scene for scene from the comics. The show didn't do anything wrong here at all. Pulled no punches and showed everything.
>>
>>67030229

Never liked it. Feels slow and very cheap.

Also whole premise is stupid as fuck, like no one ever uses HF radio or satellite phone to find out what's out there and what happened to the rest of the world.
>>
>>67031379
>anyone that disagrees with me is a pleb
wow
>>
>>67030540
Seaon 1 only had two good episodes out of the 6 and the worst finale in series history. It was mediocre at best.
>>
I just don't care for the show. It's just boring now. Nothing happens and nothing progresses. I just don't care for these characters anymore. The writing is just horrible and the direction is bad and its like the actors don't give a shit anymore. At least in the previous seasons it seemed like they put effort but now they just do their shit without any care for the material.
>>
>The first season is the best

When will this meme stop? The first episode is good, the rest of it is stupid.

Seasons 4, 5 and 6 are overall the best, with 6 shaping up to the best of them all.

2 is absolute nasty trash
>>
>>67032575
The first three episodes of season 1 were fine, it didn't become shit until they did the bizarre nursing home and CDC crap. Certainly not the best regardless though.
>>
>>67030540
You forgot to tip your fedora, fat neck beard virgin man
>>
>>67030901
>best written character drama
Don't you mean manufactured drama started by every character being incredibly stupid. The writers created too many contrived situations to get the characters to do what they want, but none of it is believable.

Season 2 of Walking Dead is among the worst seasons of any TV shows I've ever watched.
>>
>>67031879
That scene is the best scene of the entire show bar none. Incredible. Nothing has even come close since.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.