[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got done listening to the commentary on this. What are other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: the-thing-poster.jpg (210 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
the-thing-poster.jpg
210 KB, 1000x1500
Just got done listening to the commentary on this. What are other top-tier commentaries I should hear?
>>
>>67027125

RLM
>>
I went through a phase in my teens where I listened to the commentaries of every dvd my family owned. I can't remember most of them, but the one for the incredibles was pretty great iirc.
>>
>>67027125
Re-Animator
Tropic Thunder
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (cast commentary)
This is Spinal Tap (in-character commentary)
Evil Dead 2
>>
It's posted all the time, but LOTR is actually really entertaining.
>>
Mr Show
>>
The commentaries for the Mexico trilogy had a lot of filmmaking info
>>
>>67027125

Big Trouble in Little China if you want more banter
>>
>>67027125
I like the Big Trouble in Little China commentary even more.
>>
I prefer commentaries on shitty movies like Battlefield Earth, and Dungeons and Dragons. The blind optimism and earnest tone of them is infectious.
>>
The Naked Gun movies and Airplane have great commentaries. Also ZaZ's commentary with John "how do I" Landis for Kentucky Fried Movie is good.
>>
Conan the Barbarian's commentary with Arnold and director John Milius is one of the funniest things ever.
>>
File: rutt-and-tuke-brother-bear.jpg (21 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
rutt-and-tuke-brother-bear.jpg
21 KB, 400x225
If you can still find copies of it. Watch the commentary of Brother Bear with the two moose characters. It was quite charming and it had some enjoyable Disney humor.

Wish more movies would make commentaries like that.
>>
>>67027774
Oooh yeah that's a good one too
>>
Zodiac's Writer/Actor commentary is pretty decent, some good insights.
>>
Futurama
>>
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Gondries European sensibilities contrast with his co-speaker (Rodriguez?) with hilarious results, also key insights like 'in this scene, Jim isn't wearing any pants', but you wouldn't otherwise know because it's a shot from the waste up
>>
>>67027774
'gee I get laid a lot in dis movie'
'she's a VAHL-kyrie'
>>
File: flesh blood poster.jpg (572 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
flesh blood poster.jpg
572 KB, 1024x765
Paul Verhoeven has a funny/insightful commentary for Flesh+Blood. It's a great movie if you've yet to see it, JJL is awesome in it.
>>
If you're into science, the Brian Cox commentary for Sunshine was great.
>>
>>67027125
Die Hard's with John McTiernan
>>
I heard commentary for Boogie Nights is god-tier. Is it true?
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 380x380
They live commentary is just legendary stuff
>>
The Rules of Attraction has a commentary by Carrot Top.
>>
The Thing is max comfy. commentary track sounds like it is comfy too
>>
>>67027125
EVIL DEAD 2.
>>
Talladegah nights is funny.
>>
I remember one of the cast commentaries for Scott Pilgrim being pretty funny.

>>67031974
All of Verhoeven's commentaries are great.
>>
The Saw DVD commentaries are legitimately the best DVD commentaries I've ever heard.
Saw - Leigh Whannell, Cary Elwes and James Wan
Saw II - Donnie Wahlberg, Beverly Mitchell and Darren Lynn Bousman or the track with James Wan and Leigh Whannell
Saw III - the track with Leigh Whannell, Darren Lynn Bousman and Peter Block
Saw IV - Lyriq Bent and Darren Lynn Bousman
Saw VI - Kevin Greutert, Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan
>>
>>67035502
Total Recall commentary is amazing
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.