[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many of pic related? I managed to get through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: Puppet-Master.jpg (54 KB, 357x500) Image search: [Google]
Puppet-Master.jpg
54 KB, 357x500
Why are there so many of pic related? I managed to get through the first two, the second supposedly being the best out of 11 fucking movies, but they were both very firmly in awful and boring territory.

the puppets are quite creative i guess, a shame there wasn't a hint of originality anywhere else in the movie.
>>
>>67018689

I honestly don't know. They must make enough to warrant all the sequels. I've never met a lot of Puppet Master fans, though. Weird.
>>
Aren't those made by Full moon studios or something? Every movie made by them is camp a campfest. Puppet master was one of their major successes, so they milked it for all it's worth.
>>
File: charlie+spradling_04[1].png (281 KB, 468x365) Image search: [Google]
charlie+spradling_04[1].png
281 KB, 468x365
Charlie Spradling in Puppet Master 2 is one of my earliest faps.
>>
Greg sestero, from the Room fame, starred in one of those movies
>>
>>67018689
>Why are there so many of pic related?

Cause they made money.

Full Moon made tons of money off them just on home video sales. They're not great films by they have their charm as comfy horror films.
>>
>>67019534

>Comfy

Not with Leech Woman.
>>
File: Cenobite.jpg (20 KB, 364x273) Image search: [Google]
Cenobite.jpg
20 KB, 364x273
Reminds me of Hellraiser. What I mean is both franchises had a decent start, then were creatively drained.
>>
>>67021445

Puppet Master was never that good to begin with, though.
>>
File: Rty23547.png (173 KB, 362x531) Image search: [Google]
Rty23547.png
173 KB, 362x531
Best puppet
>>
>>67021445
Thing is Hellraiser has potential to be such a GOAT series. The lore is fascinating, there's so much potential, so many different things they can do with it, it's one of few franchises that actually warrants a million sequels. Bloodline was really ambitious with how it telling a story that covered three vastly different time periods, explaining the origin of the Lament Configuration, and it was cool to see a demon of Hell from a previous era have disagreements with Pinhead due to their conflicting ideologies.

I know they briefly touched upon this idea I guess in Hellbound, but idea only used about 5 minutes of screentime, if that with Pinhead and his gang turning on Doctor Channed / Leviathan. Even then Hellbound is campy and silly as fuck, with it climaxing into a ridiculous fight scene between Pinhead and Channard, while Angelique in Bloodline was being manipulative and sly about her way of trying to kill Pinhead.

I know Deader started off as an entirely different film, but it (very briefly) touched upon another interesting angle they could approach the lore, where the cult were basically trying to invade Pinhead's world and gain control of the Cenobites. Obviously it's a shit movie, but it's another example of how versatile this series can be, how much cool things they could do with the series. So many possibilities, different factions of Cenobites conflicting in ideologies, Bloodline was ofcourse shredded by the producers but it really cool things like 19th century Cenobites and shit.

Such a shame Dimensions has the rights to such a wonderful series and are pissing away all it's potential with direct-to-DVD trash that are only being made so they retain the rights.
>>
File: phead_reg.jpg (15 KB, 230x289) Image search: [Google]
phead_reg.jpg
15 KB, 230x289
>>67022198
That ain't Pinhead, fampai
>>
>>67018689
Charles Band likes puppetry and is good at making movies cheaply.

There's enough of a niche that he makes profits.
>>
File: 1448155873575.png (1 MB, 1175x900) Image search: [Google]
1448155873575.png
1 MB, 1175x900
>>67022287
>power is he's really strong
>for a puppet
>>
>>67022274

They should make a movie or tv series based on the latest comic. Kirsty and other survivors teaming up to destroy lament configurations wherever they can find them (there's more than one, and not all of them are puzzle boxes) while Pinhead starts plotting a way to relinquish his position, which of course will have consequences. Later on Harry D'Amour gets involved too.

The comic plot kinda shits the bed, so they should fix that. But the basic framework has potential.
>>
>>67022474
He's picked up weapons before, but the primary idea is that he can strangle you if he gets his hands around your throat.
>>
>>67022274

What did you think of Hell on Earth? Seems like not too many care for it, but I thought it was alright. For the longest time, I only saw the first 2 movies and wondered what it'd have been like for Pinhead to act like a slasher villain. I was pretty satisfied to see that be answered. Better than Hellbound.
>>
>>67022551

>cenobite made of cds

yeah, no
>>
>>67022551
I thought it was pretty shit but entertaining as fuck nonetheless. The common complaint is obviously how Pinhead is devolved into a typical slasher villain but I don't really mind. Pinhead is cool and so are his powers. While "smart" Pinhead is cool to see, it's nice to get a movie where he's just walking through a city murdering everyone in sight. I love the first two movies but Hell on Earth I will openly say is shit, but I still enjoy the fuck out of it, purely for the carnage.
>>
File: camera cenobite.jpg (5 KB, 320x235) Image search: [Google]
camera cenobite.jpg
5 KB, 320x235
>>67022621
Ready for your close-up, anon?
>>
>>67022621

It was shit by all means, but I enjoyed it for some reason. Pinhead being free of the box was a cool concept. They could've done better obviously, but what we got was really good in comparison to the later sequels. Revelations was pretty much Hellraiser as a V/H/S segment. That's more of an insult than a cenobite made out of CD's.
>>
>>67018689

If you think the first few were cheap crap, wait until you get to the later ones. The first few actually employed puppeteers and special effects technicians. By the end of the series, the puppets were literally controlled by flunky interns with sticks. It's appalling how much Full Moon went to shit after they ended their partnership with Paramount.
>>
>>67022727
Henry Cavill gets a blowjob in Hellraiser: Hellworld
which was awful
>>
>>67022727
What is the deal with Pinhead being freed from the box in relation to the further sequels? At the end of Hell on Earth was he bound back to the box and the rules of hell? Because in Bloodline it seemed kinda weird how he was hellbent (kek) on trying to take over the world or whatever the fuck he was doing. In the first two movies he never once displayed any interest in world conquest so what the fuck is going on? Or is it just shitty writing? Or was he still unbound to the rules of hell and was essentially still as he was in Hell on Earth? If that's the case then why did he start acting like he was in the first two movies from Inferno onwards, which all take place after Hell on Earth?
>>
>>67022857
If I ever go to a con with Cavill I'm gonna get him to sign a copy of Hellworld. I wonder how he'd react. I hear that Matthew McConaughey flips out if you mention or try to get him to sign a copy of Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4.
>>
>>67022858

He was trapped onto that thing in Hell on Earth. Needed to eat people to get out of it and then he was free, I guess. Something like that. In the first 2 Hellraiser movies, he was just a guy doing his job.
>>
>>67022901
>If I ever go to a con with Cavill I'm gonna get him to sign a copy of Hellworld. I wonder how he'd react.
Honestly he'd probably just chuckle, it wasn't as if he was bad in it, and every actor starts ssomewhere.
>I hear that Matthew McConaughey flips out if you mention or try to get him to sign a copy of Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4.
I heard this to, but I think Next Generation is probably one of the best of the Chainsaw Massacre franchise, and he was particularly insane in it.
>>
>>67018689
The small headed guy looks like Telly Sevalas
>>
>>67018689

I thought the first one was very watchable. It's the kind of movie that you talk shit about afterwards, but I do think it had a bunch of cool ideas. It was mostly executed very poorly.
>>
>>67022988
>I think Next Generation is probably one of the best of the Chainsaw Massacre franchise,
On an ironic level, perhaps. It's literally the worst movie of the whole entire franchise, bar none, from a technical level, to the script, etc etc but when it comes to camp value or entertainment you could argue it's not the worst. TCM2 is still the most patrician movie in the series.
>>
>>67023075

>TCM 2013 not being the worst

Fight me, jew.
>>
>>67023141
It literally isn't. On a technical level to the script, it's nowhere near as bad as TCM4. TCM4 definitively is the worst of the fucking series, there is no opinions or argument here. Like I said, you can prefer it for it's camp value, but when you remove any ironic enjoyment it is by far the worst of the entire series.
>>
>>67023201

Turning Leatherface into an anti-hero is worse than turning him into a tranny. There are way too many plot-holes in 2013. If you've seen it, you should know it's the worst.
>>
>>67023358
What plot holes aside from the timeline inaccuracies and the random 20 fucking people that suddenly showed up at the farmhouse in the beginning?
>>
>>67023495

How about the fact Heather should've been in her late 30's? How about the fact she tells Leatherface "welcome to Texas" even though he's never lived anywhere else? Don't act like 2013 was better than New Generation. It wasn't. It was far worse. At least New Generation had the decency to seem like it knew it was shit.
>>
>>67023578
How can one person have such shit taste.
>>
>>67023738

Fuck you, you minimum wage cunt. I never said New Generation was good. It isn't. It's better than 2013, but that's not really saying anything.
>>
>>67022474
>he's a big guy
>...for a puppet
>>
>>67018689

I just have a hard time believing anyone could be murdered by them. What's stopping them from stomping on the puppets?
>>
>>67018689
The puppet designs were cool but yeah, the movies were never all that good. Puppet Master 2 did feature the first pair of boobs I ever saw on film though. You never forget a thing like that.
>>
>>67023793
The 2013 one is the one where leatherface kills all her friends and she's perfectly fine with it at the end for no reason or explanation right? Cause that one is definitely the worst.
>>
>>67024550

Yes it is. Story-wise, it is worse than New Generation. I don't think that guy has seen the 2013 one. Or maybe he doesn't remember very well.
>>
Hellraiser was doomed because it was too extreme and it left them with little wiggle room.

The Cenobites would have worked far better if they were portrayed as straight up incubus/succubus entities and looked the part, not like goth BDSM/body modification freaks.

The idea of the Cenobites being depraved fucks who have crossed the point of believing in "safe, sane, consensual" in their kink, would have had a better impact if they did not look like horror demons.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.