[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it me, or is the show now trying to rid themselves of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
Exhibit A: Sam mocks feminists. https://youtu.be/xV4T615iEwk

Exhibit B: Demon mocks trannies. (And apparently they freaked out) http://planettransgender.com/supernatural-used-a-transphobic-slur-and-its-not-okay/

Exhibit C: Felicia Day's gay character is gruesomely killed off. https://youtu.be/1i4cC4f3s-0
>>
>>67016852
It's just you.
>>
>>67016852
I stopped watching it after season 7, should I resume watching it?
>>
File: 1345154930670.png (333 KB, 524x358) Image search: [Google]
1345154930670.png
333 KB, 524x358
>>67016852
>Felicia Day's gay character is gruesomely killed off.

Felicia Day is an actress? I thought she was just some tranny on twitter.
>>
>>67016852
I generally try to give Felicia day the benefit of the doubt, considering how many people seem to hate her for no reason, but she is just not a good actress
>>
I have nothing against felicia day, but her episodes are horrible.
>>
>>67017133
I don't understand what started her popularity

She had her own web series and suddenly everyone was saying she made MAJOR CONTRIBUTIONS TO GAMING and started appearing in "top 100 most influential figures in gaming" lists.
>>
Why would they mock their core fanbase? Tumblr is what keeps this show alive.
>>
kek
>supernatural
>even bothering to watch it despite you should've stopped at season 4-5.
>mfw it got itself renewed
wtf
>>
>>67016852
what's with that guy's ridiculous voice? is he supposed to be possessed by a demon or something?
>>
>>67017303
>>>/v/
>>
I feel bad for Jensen Ackles. He's a charismatic guy who should have got himself into the capeshit genre by now. Instead he's stuck on the tumblr channel.
>>
>>67017485
But anon we're talking about someone who made MAJOR CONTRIBUTIONS TO GAMING, it would be irresponsible not to talk about it. Her web series is about vidya gaems. :^)

Would you talk about George Clooney without talking about how Hollywood single-handedly caused racial integration? Of course not.
>>
>>67017529
The CW people told him they'd give him free reign if he got a superhero part and figure out a way to keep the show going without getting rid of him. It just hasn't happened.
>>
>>67017529
I'm sure the paychecks from 10+ seasons of this shit keep him plenty fulfilled
>>
>>67016852
Never seen the show but heard it's supposed to be good but these clips look like daytime drama level bad with terrible dubbing included. Is this really what it's like?
>>
I feel like it's improved drastically after season 8 and the new season is shaping up to be pretty damn good, there's even been a few standout episodes and best of all Lucifer is back.
>>
>>67017529
If he got an offer to be in something serious, then yeah, it'd be a shame. But to act in capeshit? Nah, he's earning more by milking Supernatural.
>>
>>67016852
>I didn't even know about this shim word until reading that article
>I now have a new word added to my lexicon to trigger with

Most excellen.
>>
>>67016852
I'm glad she died like a bitch. At first I thought they were going to make her a legacy letter man in addition to giving her more god like powers. Her character really changed the tone of the show.
>>
>>67017620
He was on the short list for Captain America before Chris Evans signed on. He's just going to end up another TV actor that will never make it to film.
>>
>>67017529
he's done voice acting as jason todd in a batman cartoon
>>
File: 1454960904338.jpg (139 KB, 721x761) Image search: [Google]
1454960904338.jpg
139 KB, 721x761
>>67017860
I've been marathoning Supernatural on Netflix. I think I'm just starting Season 8.

Honestly, I think this show and Fringe do the X-Files better than the X-Files. Monster of the week episodes, but every episode builds up a bit of the season's story.

Individual episodes have great stories and writing, some hilarious comedy episodes, and the two leads are just great. They're fuckin' great.

Honestly, 9/10 show for me. It's low budget, so we never see anything too extreme on screen, but it's a damn good show that hasn't lost it's steam.

The meta-episodes, like the one that introduce the Supernatural book series, the episode where they're stuck in different TV shows, it's so stupid, but it's so fucking great. That episode where they're stuck in the real world, suddenly in the bodies of the actors on the actual Supernatural TV show in Vancouver? Fucking hilarous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9fYpNxi0FY

Yeah. Fun show. When browsing through the episodes, I realized that a lot of them are damn watchable and enjoyable. Better than the X-Files in that regard. By the way, the first 5 seasons are part of a big meta-plot that ends, but then they keep it going and it doesn't feel cheap.
>>
>>67016852
this might be worst than the tumblr shit
>>
>>67016852
pretty based. i only watched the first two seasons but i liked them. mostly because of the simple vibe of the show
>drive around the country
>listen to classic rock
>kill monsters
>save our father
>>
>>67017529

Jensen, Crowley and MAYBE Cas are the only ones I see having actual careers if Supernatural goes under. Jared feels like he got entirely bored of the series long ago.
>>
>>67016852
They've made fun of their fan base for a long time. Every time one of the ships come up their disgusted, everyone one of the in universe fans are annoying faggots.
>>
>>67018215
Do you realize that once actors go into capeshit they turn into stars? No one gave a shit about Chris Evans or Robert Downey until they put on the mask.
>>
>>67018446
>it doesn't feel cheap.
Yes it does.

I was glad that I finally caught up with it at the end of whatever season was before the current one so I had an excuse to stop and not start again.

I'm terrible for watching the entirety of awful shows out of some need to finish what I started.

The entire mark of cain season was awful. As was the "finding sam's soul" season
>>
>>67017529
CW
> Nothing but Hot people
>IMPLYING
>This is the channel for the popular teen girls in highschool not tumblr fat ass rejects
>>
God OP, that second link gave me cancer.
>>
>>67017133
Felicia Day was in Buffy btw to be fair senpai
>>
>>67018446
Yeah listen to this guy.

>Yfw Fringe and Supernatural will be stuck in the X-files shadow forever.
>>
>>67016852
What the hell happened to Sam's face
>>
You know which Supernatural should go into capeshit? Mark Pellegrino, I can see him making an amazing Bob Reynolds or The Joker. Hopefully they get him on Gotham as The Joker since Gotham is on the same network as Supernatural.
>>
>>67018446
It's like if X-files and Hercules: The Legendary Journeys had sex and Supernatural was their love child.
>>
Me and my roommates all binged the first five seasons last year, and then me and the one who'd seen up through se8 already quit because he said the rest weren't worth watching. The other guy kept going. I have no regrets.

First 5 seasons were top quality, though. It gets a bit obvious when they run out of money at times, but for the most part it's pretty good.
>>
This show doesn't give a rats ass about the weird internet world you live in.
>>
>>67020176
Dean is Xena and Sam is Gabrielle.
>>
>>67017256
This. The writing of Supernatural was never great, but trying to get back into it I saw the one where she shows up at the bunker and lives out her Wizard of Oz fantasy, it's excrement. At least they didn't have her immediately fuck the woman because 'Day is just such a gosh-darn sexy spunky lesbian' like they did previously.
>>
>>67019475
Pellegrino should be the Question. He's really into Ayn Rand.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.