[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good or nah?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: Cloud-Atlas-poster.jpg (120 KB, 470x696) Image search: [Google]
Cloud-Atlas-poster.jpg
120 KB, 470x696
Any good or nah?
>>
Nah, too up its own ass about gays knowing space time music
>>
>>67016075
Tried watching it twice. Couldn't pay attention. I usually have a good attention span. Too many stories and it was quite long.
>>
>>67016075
amazing film.

highly underrated.
only plebs dont like it.
>>
it's good and you can tell it's a pleb filter but it really wasn't quite for me
>>
>>67016075
10 out of fucking 10 anon.
Watch it.
>>
As always the book is way way better but it's still an okay movie.
>>
>>67016570
>reddit: the post
>>
music is GOAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2U-lL_qdTI
>>
I found it to be one of the best films I've seen in a while when it came out. I actually saw it in theaters randomly on a date. Watch it and enjoy the experience. It is a true filter for me to see who has taste and who doesn't. Typically those who don't get or enjoy this movie are not people I spend time with.
>>
File: mmmmmm.png (121 KB, 275x285) Image search: [Google]
mmmmmm.png
121 KB, 275x285
>>67016606
>Reading is haaaaaard
>>
>>67016606
>better think of something to say so I can participate in the thread and feel superior...

>I know, Reddit. Then the other anons will know I am truly smart and cool.

Evaluate your life bro.
>>
Fantastic film, the kind that just doesn't get made any more. Acting, story, music - all amazing parts of a genuinely beautiful whole. A true emotional tour d' force.
>>
>We will change the world by getting this replicant girl to monologue and post the video on Youtube
>>
>>67016839

agreed
>>
On the one hand I think their ambition was admirable, specifically when it came to having actors portray multiple different characters. On the other, they failed at making any of that believable. You can't just put a fucking red wig and freckles on an asian woman and expect it to be believable. None of that race switch makeup was good.
>>
File: 1379449495335.gif (2 MB, 169x127) Image search: [Google]
1379449495335.gif
2 MB, 169x127
It's a good movie. The visual effects in the restaurant scene are great and Satan wasn't too cheesy. If you like movies where a bunch of stories come together at the end, this is one of those.

I know a lot of people on /tv/ didn't like it because of the length - "marathoned" meme aside - it's an understandable criticism, but I don't think they could've told the story with less.

Tom Hanks pulls off a good performance somewhere between Castaway and Forrest Gump in this one.
>>
>>67017258
She was by far the most obvious but some of the characters like Hugo Weaving managed to fit several roles very well.

Anyone who thought race-switching someone would work doesn't realize that different races actually have different bone structure.
>>
I have yet to enjoy a tranny twins movie, they all belong in the garbage like there penis's.
>>
>meme thread
just why
>>
>>67017258
the wife fucked a chink and the offspring of an extremely wealthy family was being married off to a glorified paralegal.

Then, if you noticed, the only people played by "pure" asian actors were the fabricants, EVERYONE ELSE was mixed blood, so the asainified characters looking like inbred mutants, while calling themselves purebloods, was all about a sort of denial of the fact all bloodlines had irrevocably mixed, as they will in a few more generations.
>>
>>67016839
>>67016531
>Cloud Atlas
>A pleb filter

How old do you guys think someone should be before they move on from 4chan?
>>
>>67017091
>A true emotional tour d' force
you can stop being a faggot now
>>
File: 138694860935.jpg (850 KB, 1832x1754) Image search: [Google]
138694860935.jpg
850 KB, 1832x1754
>>67020043
>all bloodlines had irrevocably mixed, as they will in a few more generations.

Hold it you dummy.
>>
>>67020509
5? I honestly wouldn't wish 4chan upon anyone, but here we are...
>>
File: cloudcred.webm (3 MB, 1194x500) Image search: [Google]
cloudcred.webm
3 MB, 1194x500
I hate it how folks say the makeup was bad. It was fucking amazing.
The only time you think its bad is when its on a celebrity everyone knows well, and it becomes the uncanny valley.

Look at the ones that took you completely by surprise, or gender switches, or lesser known actors playing other roles.

its an amazing film.
>>
>>67016075
Meme flick at best. Memers will defend.
>>
>>67020563
kek
>>
>>67016075
Its really incredibly bad and long but not as bad as Jupiter Rising or Trans Like You
>>
>>67023667

Half of these look like parodies from an SNL skit.
>>
>>67016664
>I V vi IV

Fuck off, you don't know the slightest thing about good music
>>
I really liked it. My favorite stories were the ones about the old guy trying to escape the old folks home he gets rused into, and the post-apocalyptic tom hanks one
>>
>>67016272
This was my problem too. I had such a hard time finding a reason to care about anyone.
>>
>>67017458
>satan wasn't cheesy
>he looked like a bad imitation of Tom Waitts in Creole dindu makeup
>>
>>67023806
Fuck you you stupid bitch you are nothing
>>
liked it better the first time. dont watch a second, becomes too corny.
>>
makeup was too distracting and some parts of it were ridiculous. But yeah, there's no other movie like it, for better of for worst
>>
It's basically like four separate short stories glued together into one, because the writers didn't have enough material for a feature film. I only liked the future one with the clones. The historic slaver and his nigger servant story was boring as fuck. So was the story about the old kike writer. The far future story was just shit all around and didn't make any sense, not to mention the shortest of the bunch.

Someone should do a recut with just the future.
>>
>>67024292
you know this was based on a book right?
>>
>>67016075
well made - visually interesting

intersecting plotarcs - but poorly written/implemented

acting is unremarkable

its a fine watch, but wont be remembered as anything special
>>
>>67024329

My point still stands.

If you want the whole several lifetimes story then you have the fountain, if you want the separate continuities then you have Mr. Nobody.

Atlas is just shit all around and fails at everything it sets out to do no matter the medium.
>>
>>67024422
what the fuck are you on about?

it had 6 story lines each came to a close, and was related to one another, if not by a theme, the potentially by characters
>>
>>67024653
>the potentially by characters

And all but one stories are shit and have zero actual correlation to each other. I thought it was heavily implied that two souls are reincarnated in different lifetimes together or some new age bullshit like that, but apparently it's even gayer than that.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.