[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unfunny memes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Alien_resurrection_ver3.png (854 KB, 936x1259) Image search: [Google]
Alien_resurrection_ver3.png
854 KB, 936x1259
Everyone thinks
>pic related
Is the worst fucking movie ever.

It's not, it's fine. Yea it's not a masterpiece but it's got It where it counts. Number 8 was a badass. Set up so much good sci-fi shit.

But all you millenials who haven't even seen the movie just bandwagon.

Grow up.
>>
it's bad

but worse movies get made nowadays that get better ratings, so unless you're a hypocrite, this should get a pass

the production design is also very good
>>
It's pretty bad
>>
Its shit compared to
>>
it's bad but it kind of shatters the unintentional comedy scale for awhile

then suddenly the end scenes with the hybrid are actually really powerful and moving and so tonally different from everything else, despite the hints and foreshadowing

very odd movie
>>
why is everyone

typing like this

kill yourselves
>>
I'd much rather watch this than the cheesy piece of shit campy as fuck Cameron flick.
>>
No one thinks its the worst movie ever.

Its not even the bottom two Alien related films anymore and hasn't been since AVP 1-2

There is some nice production design and some ok performances. (Can't go wrong with Brad Dourif acting nuts)
Some nice ideas here and there, the botched clones being one of them.

But its mostly just boring, mostly.
>>
>>67008930

Watch Alien, then watch Alien Resurrection, then watch Alien again. Then try and a tell us that Alien Resurrection is good.
>>
File: dourif-alien.jpg (26 KB, 525x300) Image search: [Google]
dourif-alien.jpg
26 KB, 525x300
the good:
visuals
music
production design
xeno sex
ripley's clones

the bad:
cgi aliens
the casting of ron pearlman, dan hedaya and brad dourif - what the hell was up with those characters?

movie could've been a lot better if it wasn't for the weird tone. comedy and xenos don't mix.
>>
The novel based on the movie is much better
>>
>>67009380
go to bed, jos
>>
>>67008930
maybe it's not as bad as its reputation says; but I'm not even going to give it a chance. Aliens was so-so, Alien 3 was unbearable and I had to turn it off before the end. Never watched anything else from the franchise, should have stayed at Alien.
>>
>>67008930

Haven't seen it, is it better or worse than Alien 3?
>>
It's a terrible Alien movie but a great alien movie.
>>
File: Clones.gif (70 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Clones.gif
70 KB, 450x300
>>67008930
I like it, but it's really weird, i understand people loving Alien and Aliens were disappointed when watching this in a theatre.
>>
>>67009427
unlike alien 3, it's actually entertaining to watch

also don't even pretend you have a modicum of taste you pretentious fuck

if you've seen and enjoyed any transformers movie, or any of the marvel's, you're not above this one at all
>>
>>67009333
The extremely good:
That qt with the god tier ass
Also Dan Hedaya is based you retard
>>
>>67009526
I have nothing against the man. I just think his character was way too weird.
>>
File: tips tip fedora.jpg (161 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
tips tip fedora.jpg
161 KB, 469x463
>>67009525
>if you've seen and enjoyed any transformers movie, or any of the marvel's, you're not above this one at all
I don't think it means anything but I've only suffered through the first transformers. I tried watching Iron-man because of my brother's insistence and stopped after the introduction part, didn't watch anything else from Marvel after that.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.