[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MUH, GREATEST GLADIATOR MATCH IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (326 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
326 KB, 1200x600
>Mortal guy with some fighting skills, green rocks, and armor.

Vs.

>Immortal guy who can fly, shoot lasers out of his eyes, and is super strong.

Um, what?
>>
immortal guy who knows god weakness, achilles heel to defeat him easily
>>
>>67004752
Yeah, it's totally unfair for Superman to go against Batgod.
>>
>>67004752
I'm sorry which scene in the film you haven't seen triggered this autistic spasm of yours?
>>
>>67004752
Stop making this thread, you shitty DC shill
>>
>Implying Superman is bent on kiling him
>>
>>67004896
This. It's like bloodlust rambo wanting to fight against super powered Jackie Chan
>>
>I began to think Batman and Superman occupy different parts of the mythic imagination. In superhero stories, Batman is Pluto, god of the underworld, and Superman is Apollo, god of the sky.

Batman is canonically god in DCEU
>>
He looks so disgusting

More so than usual
>>
This threads will never end, will they..
>>
>>67004976

>ripping off Grant Morrison

What a hack
>>
>>67005002
Alas, no, my friend...

*tears drop onto sheathed mursame*
>>
File: batman sniper.jpg (43 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
batman sniper.jpg
43 KB, 700x350
>>67004752

they really failed on the marketing of this movie. They should have marketed it as something like...

>Batman sees what Superman is and decides to approach him. He tells him that through his sateliete system whatever just makes something up that he sees a huge threat coming to earth. Of course keeping the threat a mystery to the audience.

Then we see through marketing it's Batman and Superman forming a partnership, fighting together, fighting something. Which of course we don't show the audience.

This to me makes way more sense. With Iron man and Cap America the one vs one marketing makes sense. We know both those characters. We know they're pretty close in terms of manpower, of course Stark is a billionare genius, but still. Physically they're pretty close I could believe either of them could win really.

Not a Superman vs Batman match though (yeah I know the comics but most people don't know about that shit). I can't see that translating well marketing wise for audiences. Everyone basically makes the same claim as OP here.

WB, and Snyder, I'm assuming Snyder is a hack and should have never gotten to direct this movie. At least they brought on a different screen writer, that gives me some hope.
>>
>>67005049
>adaption basing on source material is wrong
>>
File: 1457862755352.jpg (179 KB, 1597x661) Image search: [Google]
1457862755352.jpg
179 KB, 1597x661
>>67005158
>With Iron man and Cap America the one vs one marketing makes sense

JUST
>>
>>67004995
WHY did it have to be this fucking guy of all people? they could have at least made him bulk up a bit.. seriously this dude is supposed to be supermans nemesis, what a joke.
>>
>>67005248
FUCK
>>
>>67005311
THAT IS A STRONG GRIP! YOU SHOULD NOT PICK A FIGHT WITH THIS PERSON!
>>
>>67005158
VS fights are popular as fuck dude, especially when it's superman vs batman two of the best known superheroes of all time
>>
>>67005335
MY
>>
>>67005362
HAHAHA GET IT?

GET IT BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO FIGHT LATER IN THE MOVIE!? HOLY SHIT HOW DO THEY COME UP WITH THIS STUFF! OH MAN LOL
>>
>>67005377
WIFE
>>
>>67005248
Why is everyone trying to get CIA?
Are the Avengers hotheads?
>>
>>67005311
Lex Luthor's an insecure manlet.
>>
>>67005248
Why do all DC threads end up in company wars, not a single one manages to stay on topic.
>>
>>67004976
Uhhh...Jupiter is God of the skies
>>
>>67005406
Only one of them gets to stay on his aircraft.
>>
>>67005398
HOLY SHIT THE FORESHADOWING, BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>67005463
>they are all racing to be the first ones to get in CIA's plane
>>
File: 1446825439501.jpg (30 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1446825439501.jpg
30 KB, 292x257
>make armor out of kryptonite
>overpower and roughly sodomize superman
yes, this is my fetish
>>
>>67005158
>Not a Superman vs Batman match though (yeah I know the comics but most people don't know about that shit). I can't see that translating well marketing wise for audiences. Everyone basically makes the same claim as OP here.

They really should have known this was coming and made the trailers address it. Have someone like Lois or Perry question how some guy with gadgets can take on Superman, then cut to Bats getting his shit pushed in before downing Supes with a kryptonite knuckle duster or whatever.

The biggest problem with BvS is that every time Batman and Superman have fought and it's been good, it's been about ideals. And in this film they both have the exact same ideals, they just don't actually understand each other. And then there's Lex creating Doomsday, going against everything Lex has ever stood for, but that's a whole other issue entirely.

What I'm saying is wake me up when Killing Joke is released.
>>
>Mortal guy with some fighting skills, green rocks, and armor.
He's also a billionaire and CEO of a huge corporation that develops cutting edge technologies and weapons who is also a super genius and has a pathological obsession with taking down his enemies.
>>
Reminder that Doomsday appears on Batman's apocalyptic "dream".
The main enemy in this movie is Bizarro.
>>
>>67005435
Jupiter is the father god of everything
>>
>>67004752
it's david vs goliath all over again

I am sorry you are too DUMB to get obvious symbolysm
>>
>>67004752

Weren't gladiator fights stuff like tigers versus dudes with tridents and nets?

It's about the spectacle, not being evenly matched
>>
THE GREATEST GLADIATOR MATCH IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD
GOD VERSUS MEN
DAY VERSUS NIGHT
BLACK VERSUS BLUE
BATMAN VERSUS SUPERMAN
SON OF KRYPTON VERSION BAT OF GOTHAM
>>
>>67005773

Aquaman has a trident
>>
>>67005868
IN A SPIT SWAPPING MAKE OUT MATCH
>>
>>67005868
DC VERSUS MARVEL
APPLE VERSUS ANDROID
COKE VERSUS PEPSI
>>
File: tumblr_mv2bgxsNSr1sh49e7o1_500.gif (994 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mv2bgxsNSr1sh49e7o1_500.gif
994 KB, 500x208
>>67005894

Thank you for the relevant post
>>
>>67006088

You're welcome.
>>
>>67005560
Son, lex created Bizzaro. Fuck off
>>
File: At first we were like.jpg (41 KB, 662x280) Image search: [Google]
At first we were like.jpg
41 KB, 662x280
>>67006254
>New 52

If we're going to play by that canon then there's no point discussing character at all because nobody fucking has one. Go be underaged elsewhere.
>>
>>67004896
>implying Superman has a chance defeating Bats
>>
>image.jpg
>shit thread

WHO'D HAVE THUNK IT
>>
>>67004995
>>67005311
this....
i would even take average Michael Rosenbaum
from Smallville over this joke
>>
>>67005158
That'd be retarded. Doomsday nor Wonder Woman should even be in this movie. Fuck off and fuck you.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.