[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Theater Management Troubles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 1457831700270.jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457831700270.jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw theater i always go to recently opened a bassoon section and i sit through deadpool while the bassoonists honk approvingly at the jokes or toot impatiently during the dialogue

I've half a mind to talk to the manager, but I don't want to risk losing my moviegoing license over a new seating addition.

How are your theaters holding up, /tv/?
>>
My local movie house has just enforced a No Males Policy. I thought this cucking shit was a meme until now. what the actual fuck?
>>
>>66995413
have your drug dealer print you a fake trans ID, worked for me
>>
>my mfw i got the last ticket for a screening of Hail Caesar
>it's in the front row next to the brass section
>playing improvised jazz throughout
>during every comedic scene the trumpets are doing wah-wahs with their mutes
>the third trumpet keeps emptying his spit valve onto my shoes
>mfw i paid €8.99 for the pleasure
Fuck this
>>
File: 1457850355246.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457850355246.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
>>66996500
>my mfw
>€
>recycling other anons jokes

Pls leave euro pleb
>>
File: photo (1).jpg (116 KB, 556x556) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
116 KB, 556x556
>>66996543
Watch the mighty boosh plen
>>
File: 1457551564843.jpg (48 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
1457551564843.jpg
48 KB, 480x854
>>66996627
>You're such a pleb your reply doesn't even make sense
>yfw
>>
>>66996500
>€8.99
This is one of those things that don't make any sense to me. I'm German and we write 8€ not €8. Why would you put the unit in front of the value?
Do you also write "my computer has GB6 RAM"?
Or "Yeah I'm going about km/h100 right now".
"this movie is h2 long"
It's fucking retarded.
>>
What do you get out of posting these deliberately shit memes? Anvils, falcons, now jazz. What's in it for you? Do you think you're making a funny joke?
>>
Local cinema insists on penis inspection before entry.

Anything sub 3" whilst flaccid is turned away and you have to cover the cost of the inspection.
>>
>>66996775
Use a decoy murkin. Always have guys scalping them out front of the theater I go to. Better safe than sorry.
>>
>>66996741
I'm Brit so I did it the same way as £.

Do you write 8.99€ ? or are you one of those fools that writes 8,99 even though it's supposed to be a decimal point.
>>
>>66996821
Nah, I usually just get myself to a semi-chub so it's thicker and longer but not erect. Gets them every time. The first time I tried it started going back to normal the moment I dropped my pants from nerves but the usher took pity on me and let me through. Was lucky, I was really excited to see Jack & Jill.
>>
>>66996863
Of course I write 8,99€ because it's a decimal comma. That obviously makes much more sense, "three comma one four one". It's a comma because the number doesn't end there, it continues but it's like a different part of the number.
A period is used to denote the end of something
>>
>>66996986
>decimal comma
madness. a period is used to denote the end of a whole number. It's the end of a whole number and the start of subdivisions (tenths and hundredths). Commas are used for thousands.
>>
My cinema has privilege chamber that all white males have to go through before you get into the theatre. You get a lecture about your racial biases and how to promote diversity. Sometimes it runs on too long and you miss the first 10 minutes of the film.

recently I've been avoiding it by claiming to be trans and latinx but I'm worried they'll catch on
>>
>>66997062
I usually get through when I bring my bull and my wife's son along, but since they're black, they get in for free and I have to pay for all three of us which is fucking expensive.
>>
>>66996986
You are a retard.
>>
>>66997036
>>66996986
my cinema doesn't even allow the usage of commas. one of the ushers will throw you out if you don't pause for the requisite amount of time at the end of a proposition.
>>
I'm not such a fan of the cardigan/ mini-golf policy. In the first place, there were limited seats so they enforced a dress code that would be suitable for the viewing of filme/ cinema/ kino. That made a kind of sense - after all, have to keep the movie-fags out. But then they became rather elitist be saying you had to wear a different cardigan every time with a receipt that showed it was new. This was prohibitively expensive.

So at that point, in order to throw poorer cineastes a bone they installed a minigolf course. The winner gets in free. The only problem is, now you have to allow enough time for a game before the kino starts and worse, the loser has to pay the winner's ticket cost and the cost to use the golfing equipment. At this point, I've barely seen anything this year. I should have just paid for the cardigans. At least I've become a better putter.

Anyone else have issues with this?
>>
>>66996756
hothead xDDD
>>
>>66996702
hi weowwie!
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
>>66995161
> mfw the bassoonist is the ex wife of the designated cinema shooter
> mfw they shenanigans before the movie are more entertaining than the movie itself
>>
I was at this theatre. The part I hate most is whenever a character on screen is moving around quietly, they play that Looney Toons sneaking music. Do do.. do doo.. do do. do do do do do do..

Fuck. That.
>>
>>66998705
Here's your (You)
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.