[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 Cloverfield lane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 10cl.0.0-700x394.jpg (30 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
10cl.0.0-700x394.jpg
30 KB, 700x394
Fuck, this movie was pretty fuckin good.
>>
>>66991426
would've given it a ~92% until "this is how you repay me?" "no. this is" *kicks barrel* and it went downhill to the end. still would recommend it
>>
>>66991426
John Goodman did a really great job of playing that annoying prick who refuses to listen to anyone else because everyone else is retarded and he is always right. I've known so many annoying fucking people like that in life and he portrayed it perfectly.
>>
>>66991529
>"this is how you repay me?" "no. this is" *kicks barrel*
it was a lil cheesy but i really enjoyed the movie.
>>
File: Lion head.jpg (190 KB, 585x607) Image search: [Google]
Lion head.jpg
190 KB, 585x607
>>66991426
When Howard was confronting the two of them in front of the tub of perchloric acid Emmett lie was the most retarded possible thing he could of done:

>Yeah I stole those tools so I could make my OWN WEAPON to steal your WEAPON, so MEW would respect me the way she respects you.

All he had to say was

>Yeah we were making a HAZMAT suit in case something bad happened

Howard probably would have been like "hey that's actually a good idea" and then everyone would have lived. Great movie but that part seemed like a needless death to me.
>>
>>66991700
haha i know man i thought the same thing during that scene.
>>
>>66991529
The second they introduced the perchloric acid the directors thought process was probably

>Well now that we've showed this deadly deadly acid, the audience probably wants to see someone get melted by it.

The second I saw the barrel I new the girl was gonna get it on Howard
>>
>>66991724
Yeah they painted Emmett as a retard though, he failed all his classes, so he probably wasn't smart enough to think of a smart or reasonable excuse.
>>
>>66991700
John Goodman's character was wearing ear plugs as they entered that scene. This tells us that he was planning on shooting someone by the end of this ordeal.
>>
>>66991700
Then Howard would want the hazmat suit for himself. He's a control freak who needs everything around him to go his way. Then the fact that they were still keeping it secret from him would have repercussions. Granted, it probably wouldn't have been as drastic as what happened, but he wouldn't let them get away scot free.

Which reminds me. Did anyone else think Howard was remarkably calm after Michelle glassed him and almost made it to the surface? It kind of took me out of the movie for a moment.
>>
>>66991840
Wow, I did not notice that, I guess he was just looking for any excuse possible to kill the Emmett.

>>66991871
Well I think he wanted to fulfill a fantasy with her. I can guarantee that if Emmett had done that, he would have killed him. Remember at the end of the movie when the bunker is burning he says

>Please don't go, we can live here together

or something to that effect, he wanted her.
>>
>>66991426
What exactly is the connection to the first movie, is there one?

Presumably the first Cloverfield would have chronologically happened in the past so the people should know about the giant alien that attacked NYC, right?

Also I heard there is going to be another film in this universe, what else is there to talk about?
>>
>>66992179
There's nothing in the movie that directly connects the two. There is the obligatory Slusho easter egg, but that's nothing. But if you follow the ARG, apparently Tagruato, the company responsible for Slusho, is involved with both movies somehow.

The other movie is God Particle, but it's only speculated how/if it connects with the other Cloverfield movies.
>>
>>66992179
The only few connections is the slusho drink and apparently Goodman's character worked for a company that discovered the underwater Clover 1 monster and presumably discovered the aliens in this film. Also theres supposedly a sequel planned to tie the two together.
>>
I just saw it at the pictures, what kind of movie was this shit?

good thing I had a date that let me wander my hands everywhere, otherwise I would have fell asleep

also the ending was pure shit

and the fucking alien scene? give me a break

5/10, only gets 5 points for an original idea, but even then it was poorly executed.
>>
>>66992255
>>66992272

Where was the slusho?
>>
>>66992393
Think it was the orange soda drink at the first dinner they had when he was using the key bottle opener
>>
>>66992323
Well, atleast you can't deny that it was original, also I fucked your date.
>>
>>66992323
>huuur duuur i didnt like it
>>
>>66992255
The tagruato link between the two is that Howard is employee of the month for some department on their website
>>
>>66992393
>>66992408
The gas station at the start has a Slusho ad.
>>
>>66991426
Yeah, it was decent. 7/10 movie. John Goodman is excellent.
Had issues with script, but was still happy with the money spent.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.