[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 640x767) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 640x767
Is this worth watching?
>>
>>66989945
Abso-lutely.
>>
Sure
>>
>>66989945
Yes. Made me rethink my life.
>>
>>66989945
Bullseye
>>
Yes. Honestly it hit me deeply like very few movies have before.

whether you can relate to the characters or not, it's a great film.
>>
>>66990214
Serious? Is it

Ironic
>>
>>66990279
Ok ill check it out
>>
Hipster wank criticizing hipsters, because criticizing a hipster wouldn't be something a hipster would do, right?
>>
>>66989945

I wouldn't say it's good, but it's 100% worth watching. You don't come out of it feeling like you saw a great movie, but it makes you feel things you probably haven't felt before.

It also made me appreciate Tim and Eric's other work more than I had before.
>>
>>66989945
I couldn't get past the homoerotic intro.
>>
>>66990380
We are the neohipsters. Being a hipster is too mainstream now
>>
>>66990380

That's the entire point.
>>
>>66990469

This I NOPED the fuck out.
>>
worth it for the epileptic jewess alone
>>
Can someone link a torrent to it? I'm on mobile right now
>>
Why does he kiss his sister in law on the row boat?
>>
>>66989945

pathetic portland oregon college campus-tier socialite discussion material
>>
>>66989945
It's Tim Heidecker's cry for help.
>>
>>66989945
Yes. The taxi scene is the greatest scene in the history of cinema.
>>
It's free real estate.
>>
File: shittingsimmo.jpg (139 KB, 300x413) Image search: [Google]
shittingsimmo.jpg
139 KB, 300x413
>>66989945

That depends entirely on how much you value your time, now doesn't it?
>>
>>66990638
Neohipsters are too mainstream, were postneohipsters now. We're ironically-unironically average joes.
>>
File: 1450729664369.jpg (191 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450729664369.jpg
191 KB, 500x375
>>66989945
Anyone can recommend movies similar to this one?
>>
I thought it was great, well worth a watch.
One of the only films that I could honestly recommend.
>>
File: joed.jpg (10 KB, 387x387) Image search: [Google]
joed.jpg
10 KB, 387x387
I guess if you like hipsters being almost gay. Im sure thats what happens in real life. The scene with the chick on the boat was FUKIN lame...!!! SOOOOOOOO>,< Its a weird movie. Not funny. Ok.
>>
You gonna get a no no tip
You gonna get a no no tip

I am ehhhh, ehhhh I don't have em ehhhh a car radio because I'm just a boy
>>
>>66993458

THE HOUSE IS FREE!
>>
Dont get me wrong I love T&E But this really thru me for a spinny loop hole
>>
>>66994286
wow you sound like a faggot
>>
I think I get every scene except the one where he just sits there and watches the girl have a seizure. What in the fuck was the point of that?
>>
Is the point of this movie basically that acting like a dumbass isn't cute, it isn't funny and can lead to serious consequences ?
>>
>>66994883
I think its to show how little he actually cares about all the girls he seems to be interested in/fucks
>>
>>66994105
Greenberg, Entertainment

>>66991959
Rare moment of vulnerability and admitting how lonely he really is for intimate connection

>>66994883
He's just that detached/disassociated. If there's no mean spirited laughs to be had or immediate edification he freezes up and cant function. Doesnt realize or care that its serious.
>>
>>66997264
OP here you seem to get this more than a lot of people itt. I just watched it and im still going through analysis but I want your take on it.. What do you think the main moral, message of this movie is trying to convey?
Think this is right?
>>66995513
>>
>>66997434
Hm, pretty much. We've become a culture, and subculture of instant memeing, instant sarcasm, we're over or above everything. We don't take things, people, sentiment, for what they are, but how can we goof on them. It's a defense mechanism against actual human attachment, openness, honesty, etc. It's an empty way of life that leads to loneliness and despair. It's a simple message, not unlike The Great Beauty, but the only way to really experience joy or meaning is to connect. Like he did in a pure way with the child on the beach at the end.
>>
>>66997614
I got this feeling too, felt i could relate with how i am with friends sometimes. How we all interact etc.. Damn makes you think
>>
>>66997688
Agreed. Easier said than done.
>>
>>66994883
She's being post-ironic and not actually having a seizure. But Swanson is one step above her, and he sees right through it.
>>
>>66997726
I was gonna look for a picture of the adorable seizurefu but lewd Google had other plans
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.