[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Musicals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 230x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 230x355
Let's have a musicals thread.

I fell for the Hamilton meme. I'm so glad I did, this shit's actually amazing. My Shot is such a dope ass fight song.
>>
>rap that's safe for upper-middle class white people

I don't understand understand the Hamilton hype at all. It reminds me of one of those cheesy educational videos that tries to appeal to kids by appropriating urban culture. It's cringey as fuck. Give me Les Mis or Sound of Music over this garbage any day.
>>
>>66988184
I'll be honest, it did get kinda Schoolhouse Rock-ish at times (especially at that one bit in Aaron Burr, Sir where Lafayette comes in) but when it hit right it was fucking awesome.

In The Heights, Lin-Manuel Miranda's other musical, is pretty good from what I've heard of it. 96,000 and the opening are all I've really heard though.
>>
>>66988326
I sort of appreciate In the Heights, especially since like Miranda and the characters of the musical I'm an east coast Puerto Rican, but I still prefer musicals that are closer to operettas. Give me people singing their guts out in a heavy vibrato over pop and rap any day
>>
Superior hip hop musical
>>
>>66988811
I can understand that. I dunno, I was pleasantly surprised at how catchy the songs in Hamilton were, but I can appreciate a musical where folks sing their guts out as well.

One Day More was the song I always played before summer back in high school. Shit was cash.
>>
>>66988891
Oh fuck, I heard about that way back a little while ago. Is it good?
>>
>>66988943
Anachronistic music is tough to get right in non-comedies. I'm not against hip-hop musicals entirely, but they should be within the context of stories where hip-hop makes sense.

And yeah One More Day is good. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables is what gets me every time though
>>
>>66989406
*one day more
The English libretto is good, but it's one of the only songs in Les Mis where the original French lyrics are better
>>
>>66989406
I liked Lin-Manuel's reasoning behind it, America's past as told by America now. It's weird but it's interesting.

Also, has anyone here been in any musicals?
>>
>>66988184
>>66988811
>>66989406
>>66989490

wow I can really see how you absolutely needed to use a tripcode for these specific posts on a saturday night
>>
Danny Boyle is in talks to direct a film adaptation of Miss Saigon. Thoughts? Wants from a movie version?

I want a director that will make Miss Saigon a period war film, though I don't know if Danny Boyle is the one to do it. I saw a regional production a few years ago that just seemed to "get" that the show isn't just the romance, it's about war, and what war does to people.

Also the West End revival of Miss Saigon was professionally filmed for 'cinema broadcast.' I hope that they, like with the Les Miserables concerts, release it on DVD or streaming.
>>
>>66988184
Absolutely this
If my 17 year old sister connects to it then it isn't genuine
>>
>>66989664
are there any good filmed versions of this musical? even a good bootleg?
>>
File: carriesmall2.jpg (182 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
carriesmall2.jpg
182 KB, 500x286
>>66989531
I was Carrie in Carrie last year, a regional production. Pic not me, but related.
>>
>>66989799
That's pretty dope, man.

I was in a couple musicals in High School, always chorus. I didn't mind it though, being backstage and having that constant rhythm keeping a show moving is rewarding as hell.
>>
File: Assassins_0.jpg (762 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Assassins_0.jpg
762 KB, 900x900
Been obsessed with this recently, wish I could see it live.

>I AM UNWORTHY OF YOUR LOVE, CHARLIE, DARLING
>>
>>66989531
I was in the phantom, it was pretty sweet
>>
File: 1445042965924.jpg (40 KB, 680x848) Image search: [Google]
1445042965924.jpg
40 KB, 680x848
>>66989704
>If my 17 year old sister connects to it then it isn't genuine
>>
>>66989953
Ooh, what's it all about?
>>
>>66989739
>are there any good filmed versions of this musical? even a good bootleg?

There are no commercially available filmed versions, no. But there are a few proshots.

One with Lea Salonga and Will Chase in Manilla. This was the "holy grail" of bootlegs for a long time. It's currently on Youtube but probably won't be for long.

That's the only one available without trading. There's 2 more English proshots which are real proshots and not "steady cam" from the sound system.
>>
>>66990002
It's about assassins who have killed presidents or attempted to kill presidents and their reasoning behind it, beginning with John Wilkes Booth and ending with Lee Harvey Oswald.
Or at least that's what I've surmised from listening to the music.
I wish I could direct a film adaptation.
>>
>>66990094
Sounds cool, I'll take a listen some time.

Also
>I wish I could direct a film adaptation
I always get the sense that a musical adaptation would be infinitely more difficult than a regular production.
>>
File: leslouclaurow2.jpg (142 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
leslouclaurow2.jpg
142 KB, 500x330
What are your musical guilty pleasures?

I love so many shows that were flops or are critically blasted. Lestat (even the San Francisco version, trippy bite scenes and all); pretty much anything Frank Wildhorn puts out...
>>
>>66990197
I have a soft spot for the two musicals I was in in high school. That'd be Seussical and The Drowsy Chaperone. Both relatively unremarkable, but fuck they were fun to do.
>>
>>66990067
I fucking hate the elitism and entire trading system for fucking musicals of all things considering how expensive not only proper broadway is but also regional and local theater can be? where is that pro-piracy spirit in this community? you know, that spirit that exists for music and anime and films and television and comic books and video games and literature and fucking high res pictures of celebrity feet and armpits and even origami picture instructions and scan pirates but that sort of camaraderie is absent in the internet theater community? /rant
>>
>>66990194
>I always get the sense that a musical adaptation would be infinitely more difficult than a regular production.
Most definitely, and I've never done anything before, or seen the show.
I found it strange that so many people made a big deal about the live singing in Les Miserables.
Are most movie musicals just lip syncing? That sounds really difficult.
>>
>>66990340
I think they're mostly real singers, it's just that it's those particular actors singing.

Russell Crowe can't sing for shit but he was pretty entertaining.
>>
>>66987967
>current year
>thinking My Shot is better than Burn

Shiggitydiggity
>>
>>66990422
>I think they're mostly real singers, it's just that it's those particular actors singing.
???
I think you misunderstood what I was saying.
And Russell Crowe is great, listen to him outside of the movie.
I figure what happened was that since they were doing it live and not pre-recording it in the studio the multiple takes a toll on his voice.
Or maybe Tom Hooper just wanted to go in that direction.
>>
wow /tv/ really has shit taste when they don't have charts to follow

Hamilton is the sort of musical made for tourists and dumb 19 year old girls who browse tumblr and watch productions of Matilda on their macbooks
>>
>>66990334
It's a complex subject for sure.

I think there is a lot of camaraderie, or more than people assume. There's been many occasions where I've emailed people who had something that I really, really wanted and couldn't find elsewhere but didn't have anything they wanted to trade, and they just sent me it along anyway. And often I see videos which people mark as "DON'T UPLOAD ANYWHERE ELSE, DON'T TRADE AT ALL, DON'T TRADE UNTIL _____" uploaded to youtube or other video sites because people want to see them
>>
>>66990592
I can't defend it, all I know is that I like it.

Recommend some patrician musicals to us then.
>>
If we had webms with sound on /tv/ this thread could be pretty cool. Oh well.
>>
File: image.jpg (721 KB, 1443x2100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
721 KB, 1443x2100
>>66989704
>>66990001
>tfw you accidentally run into your 17 year old sister while shitposting on /tv/
>>
>tfw you have a great quality bootleg of the first 12 songs but don't upload it online because you have respect for the artists
>>
>>66990719
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>66990483
I really need to re-listen to Burn.

Side note, I really liked Right Hand Man and The Room Where It Happens.
>>
File: 1441426750633.png (21 KB, 247x238) Image search: [Google]
1441426750633.png
21 KB, 247x238
>>66990712
if I make a thread on >>>/wsg/ (actually I don't have any related webm or gif though)

so would you please make a thread? please please please? this sounds like exactly my sort of thread. if it wouldn't be too much trouble. I'm sure other people would contribute!
>>
>>66990828

The Room Where it Happens is my shit right now.
>>
>>66990592
>NOBODY LIKE WHAT I DON'T LIKE

lol
>>
>>66990592
>tfw 19
>tfw I might actually have a decent topic of conversation now that isn't autistic film analysis
Finally.
>>
>>66990422
It's always the actors singing, but normally it is pre recorded
>>
>>66990999
Ah, that makes more sense
>>
>>66990708
Not that dude, but lately I've been thinking about trying to get into Sondheim. I've only ever seen Into the Woods which from what I understand is supposedly babby's first Sondheim play, but I hear his plays referred to as "the thinking man's musicals". They cover dark topics and use non traditional rhyme structure and weird time signatures, so I'm interested. That might be a good place to start for you too. Maybe try Company?
>>
>>66990334
Generally because theatre audiences aren't as entitled little shits and appreciate the effort that goes into a production and know piracy ultimately hurts it like this guy >>66990748

The other reason is because a bootleg looses so much of the experience off being there that it just isn't worth it, or people simply don't care
>>
>>66991025
A good example is the phantom. Its clearly Gerald butler singing (you can tell by how crappy he is compared to an actual phantom vocalist), but it isn't being done live during the acted scene.

Les mis was done live while acting.
>>
>>66991028
Sweeny Todd is babby's first Sondheim.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=elFef3tx9NI
He's pretty great. The big difference is how complex and intricate the lyrics can be, this is very noticeable in Into The Woods
>>
>>66991028
I'll give it a shot. I remember a friend of mine giving a speech about how hellish it was to be cast in a main role in Into The Woods at the last second (main guy bailed and there weren't any understudies) and he used the phrase Sondheim musical. That prompted a massive "Ooooh" from the group, like they just saw a kid fall off a swing.
>>
>>66990340
People made a big deal about the live singing because it's really hard to do from a technical standpoint. You have to have complete silence on set, so actors don't even have music they're able to sing along to, and you have to get the acoustics right to be able to record all the dialogue without having to ADR (which is something even most non-musicals do). There's some really questionable directorial choices in the movie, but the live singing isn't really the gimmick that some have suggested that it is. It allows for more emotional subtlety in performance by allowing the actors to change their cadence and emphasis as they're singing. And if someone is sobbing during a particular take, you hear it in the song itself. It's annoying half the time, but effective the other half.

This is sort-of the showcase for the method
http://youtu.be/86lczf7Bou8
>>
>>66991079
>Generally because theatre audiences aren't as entitled little shits and appreciate the effort that goes into a production
>people simply don't care

Uh, there are thousands upon thousands of bootlegs out there, with a thriving trading community that's only gotten bigger because of smart phones.

>piracy ultimately hurts it like this guy

Bootlegs do not hurt shows, unless you're talking literally in cases where people have red lights or distracting equipment that the actors can see.
>>
File: 1420196184711.jpg (32 KB, 441x405) Image search: [Google]
1420196184711.jpg
32 KB, 441x405
>>66991079
yeah no you are selfish little shits that act sanctimonious about owning a avi. of sutton foster in hd much like the one ring it erodes your high school level brain and turns you in a gollum like creature all because you have some really nice footage of sherie rene scott

you can go fuck yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (354 KB, 1484x1183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
354 KB, 1484x1183
>>66991256
This might give you some idea of why they did that.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vHyj1ibaJKg
>>
>>66991257
So what do musicals usually do?
>>
>>66991425
Musical movies usually record the actors singing in the studio first, then play that music while the actors perform before the cameras, and the actor then has to match their performance with what they sang previously. As a result the performance may be altered, because they can't suddenly cry during a part where the studio recording doesn't sound like they're crying, and so on.
>>
>>66991079
>know piracy ultimately hurts it

It really doesn't. The Lion King. Wicked. The Book of Mormon. Been running for years, always among the top 5 highest grossing shows on Broadway, their tours constantly sell out... yet there are hundreds of bootleg videos out there, in some case hundreds per show. (Wicked, good god, Wicked.)
>>
>>66991322
>eah no you are selfish little shits that act sanctimonious about owning a avi
I don't have any bootlegs, nice try faggot.

>>66991586
It hurts the lesser known ones, just like with movies.
>>
>>66991425
The actors record the song in a professional studio setting then try to accurately mime or copy on set. They can sometimes splice in elements of the set performance, but it's rare to actually have what's sung on set be what's heard in the final cut.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 300x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 300x377
>>66991586
It would be a crime against the American public if bootlegs of Wicked were not available for those otherwise without another way of seeing it.

Elphaba a cute! CUTE!
>>
>>66991297
There's a big difference between trading and putting shit up on pirate bay or where ever for the whole world
>>
>>66991654
>it hurts the lesser known ones

Proof?
>>
>>66991726
Ah yes, if a random french teen gets ahold of a wicked video without having to trade, they'll never ever want to see the show live!
>>
>live in Northern Ireland
>See Avenue Q last night
>nothing else of worth coming here anytime soon
I want to see Pinafore, damn it.
>>
Has they Les Miz reboot been selling like shit? Why are they closing it in September?
>>
>>66991861
Why don't they just sell them on video? Hearing an album doesn't keep me from wanting to go to see the band live
>>
LISTEN: the thing is that with theater and musicals is that each performance is unique and magical and when you see it live for yourself it truly is worth the someone steep price, depending on the quality of the show and all other variables. BUT when it comes the high level pros of a certain cast of a certain show which happens to be amazing but it's only in new york on broadway so unless you want to spend what will undoubtedly be the equivalent of a lavish birthday present to oneself in terms of money just to see a show and STILL have to gamble with maybe getting an understudy well then you really are left with no other choice aside from hoping that maybe one day they will film a pro live shot version with the original cast for you to purchase and that's literally it. that's no way to treat art man. when that certain cast of a certain show is done and have moved on then that's when it's time to make the bootlegs and pro shots available. but no this community has been doomed to be filled with obnoxiously egocentric turbo nerds with god complexes and jack off to the smell of their own farts
>>
>>66992002
>Les Mis
>ever selling like shit
>>
>>66992011
It's very expensive for American Broadway shows to do so because of Actors Equity. That's why most legal sold videos are from the UK, or aren't on Broadway.
>>
What are some good, musicals? I only know Les Mis, the Book of Mormon, Avenue Q, and some of Andre Lloyd Webber's.
>>
>>66992295
>It's very expensive for American Broadway shows to do so because of Actors Equity

can you elaborate on what this means?
>>
>>66989664
I remember seeing a regional production and damn if it doesn't bring you to tears at parts.
>>
>>66989799
Wait. Is that second picture from the paint drums scene in Blue Man Group?

Actually, I kid, but the son of one of my mom's co-wokers is in a production of a Blue Man Group show.
>>
>>66992911
Actors equity rules regarding filming shows and selling them, particularly selling for home media, make it very costly. You have to pay the actors to be filmed, the owners of the music/script/book/production design separately for their work to be filmed, all tech crew and orchestra--then you have to pay them again for the show to be sold, which if it's dvd/home media will usually involve everyone in the show getting a cut of each sale on top of licensing fee their performance.

It's why pbs/lincoln center/broadway cinema/etc will often air live shows on tv or in theaters as a special event, like on friday then repeat Saturday, but never release it on dvd or streaming. It's a lot cheaper to pay for 2 streams than indefinate purchases.
>>
>>66990853
>>>/wsg/987603
let's see how this pans out
>>
>>66993124

so we're never going to get a filmed version of hamilton?
>>
Musicals are the ultimate pleb media. Fucking kill yourselves.
>>
>>66988891
It's not as good as Tokyo Tribe 2 for what I hope are obvious reasons.
>>
I liked Fun Home. Odd choice of work to adapt, though I think it worked. Would have thought Dykes to Watch out for'd be Bechdel's most musical-friendly work.
>>
I wonder how many posters in this thread are women. Musicals are basically capeshit for girls
>>
New to musicals desu but have been fucking loving them atm. Everything Disney is top tier in terms of film. Professionally I've only seen Wicked, Les Mis and Matilda. Would say my current favourites are Sweeney Todd, Les Mis, Hamilton and Phantom of the Opera
>>
JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR BIG BUDGET REMAKE WHEN
>>
I'm not gay or a woman, so the only musical I've seen live is The Book of Mormon.
>>
Best scene from a musical

>that fake dog at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oKPYe53h78
>>
When will they do a musical /tv/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OjFtv7LZRg
>>
Hamilton sounds fucking excruciating

>OH SO PROGRESSIVE!
>>
>>66993307
>Dr Horrible
>>
What does eberyone think of Billy Elliot? It was fucking amazing.
>>
ESTABLISHED COMPOSER/LYRICIST/TEAMS TIER LIST GO

>God Tier
Stephen Sondheim

>Awesome Tier
Flaherty & Ahrens
Menken & Ashman
Menken & Schwartz
Jeanine Tesori & whoever she happens to be working with

>Babby's First Musicals Tier
Rodgers & Hammerstein
Stephen Schwartz (solo)

>For the Hip New Generation! Tier
Lin Manuel Miranda

>A Little Bit of All the Above Tier
Jason Robert Brown
Andrew Lloyd Webber

>Win Some, Lose Some Tier
Lerner & Loewe
Boublil & Schonberg

>Meh Tier
Frank Loesser
Menken and anyone else

>Shit Tier
Kander & Ebb
>>
>>66998791
Where do you rank Tim Rice?
>>
>>66998870
Awesome barring Joseph...
>>
>>66989531
But it's not America now. Maybe it's the Future America in an alternate reality where Hamilton said 'Is that a guarantee of freedom FROM our descendants?' instead of 'Is that a guarantee of freedom for our descendants?'.
>>
>>66998791

I would put JRB way higher. Also, Adam Guettel in Awesome, William Finn in A Little Bit All of the Above
>>
>>66989531
When I was in college I played in a pit band for Assassins and Jesus Christ Superstar.
>>
>>66995953
Th Disney stage musicals seem pretty nice too. I saw the Broadway production of Beauty & the Beast a while ago and really liked it, they always go over the top with the costume design and set details.
>>
Hamilton's the best musical to come out in decades. The aughts had some pretty good ones, but this is the first truly great musical of this century.

It is sort of dorky in how deliberately constructed it all is, but that fits considering how much Hamilton's obsessive meticulousness is emphasized.
>>
I go to a lot of Broadway and off Broadway shows, inb4 gay, and the best ones I have seen are The Book of Mormon, Ruthless!, and Cagney.
>>
Holy shit this thread's survived? Imm impressed.
>>
>>66998791
This list would almost be perfect, except Kander and Ebb are God Tier, why would you ever think they're shit? Cabaret, Chicago, The Visit, Kiss of the Spider Woman, Scotsboro Boys, etc. They are just below Sondheim for me.
>>
Wish I had the time and money to watch plays and musicals. I honestly love it.
>>
>>67001794
I hear great things about Book Of Mormon, but I've never actually seen it.

Worth a listen?
>>
>>66989664

the music sucks for that show.
>>
>>66998791
>no Guettel
>JRB that low
PLEB.

no but srsly this list is 80% correct
>>
>>66993825
Never say never, at least for Hamilton. LMM said he wanted to professionally record the original cast and that the recording may be available somewhere down the line--but that 'somewhere' could be years from now.
>>
>>67005030
>>66993825
It's going to be like Book of Mormon. As long as it keeps selling out they won't even begin to think about filming it. Maybe in 2 years. They're still working on transferring it to the West End in 2017.
>>
>>67004508
the lyrics are strange at times. The revival fixed some of these (no more Big Mac line!) but then also cut out a bunch of material that made Chris a grey-area character, so it's a toss up.
>>
>tfw you'll never have Kevin Kline's knees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdJg6Duzzf4
>>
Passion musical film when?
>>
>>67005439
stage version was already filmed and is on YouTube. you can't really beat that.

The main guy in it came out of retirement recently to do The Secret Garden.
>>
>>67005623
go to bed, grandpa
>>
>>67005808
take your medicine, grandpa
>>
>>67004276
Definitely. I heard the soundtrack before I saw the show and most of the genus is in the music and lyrics so I felt listening to it before seeing it kinda ruined the show.

Still a god-tier soundtrack album though.
>>
>>67005623
while I take umbrage at "faggy," it's because original and daring shows don't sell on Broadway because of the price barrier.

No one wants to shell out $40-$100 a seat for something they may not like or know anything about. They want an "event" where they can be sure they'll enjoy themselves.

Compare that to cinema, where you can literally go watch a movie on impulse and try different genres and styles without guilt of wasting time or money.

This doesn't just apply to modern theatre. Jesus Christ Superstar would NEVER have become a big hit if ALW didn't release the concept album first. Because it sounded like a hit, people ignored the controversy and went to see it.

if they just put on the show it would've been too experimental and weird and no one would have gone.
>>
What does /tv/ think of William Finn musicals?
I love A New Brain (even through it does have some terrible lyrics) but haven't heard any of his other shows.
>>
will Anastasia make it to Broadway? I have a feeling it will fall prey to the same fate as Hunchback of Notre Dame. Rework source material that parents will associate with a children's film to be less 'kid-friendly' in their eyes, no one will want to take the gamble on Broadway.
>>
Currently playing shrek in the jr musical version, ama
>>
>>67006014
her eyes are the wrong color
>>
>>67006142
>caring about eye color in theater

lol
>>
>>67006014
wasn't Stephen Flaherty working on a stage adaptation? He's pretty terrible. His last musical was a Rocky adaptation and it was by far the worst musical to open that year.
>>
>>67006258
There's a production set to premiere in 2 months in Connecticut. Flaherty is only doing the music, along with Lynn Ahrens, who both wrote the songs for the film. Terrance McNally is writing the book, which is going to be a combination of the 1997 animated film, 1956 live action film, and some original material. Darko Tresnjak is directing.
>>
>tfw no samba Cabaret revival

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V70IgrqTCz8
>>
I sort of left my musical stage behind when I was 16 or 17. Would rather listen to operas desu
>>
>>67006998
unless you know italian or french opera is a purely tonal experience. that's not as fun.
>>
>>67007031

I do know both, but
>implying a purely tonal experience isn't fun (especially with the quality of music on show)
>implying surtitles and translated libretti don't exist

>>67006014

How did that Hunchback work out actually? Got a soft spot for the film so was interested in seeing what the new music was like
>>
>>67007148
cast album is on Spotify. It's great.
>>
>>67007260

Yeah having a listen now. Very full sounding,

Although

>Know-Truh Dahm

Yanks please
>>
>>67007148
>How did that Hunchback work out actually? Got a soft spot for the film so was interested in seeing what the new music was like

Almost perfect, except the creative team refused to acknowledge a major part of the show that wasn't working, namely having the ensemble and cast 'narrate' throughout the show, particularly during parts that didn't need narration and which interrupted the flow of the action.

You don't have to say "AND THE HUNCHBACK DECIDED TO SAVE THE GYPSY GIRL" when we can see... he's doing that. Or "AND THEN THE HUNCHBACK SWUNG DOWN FROM THE BELL TOWER" when we can see that. etc.
>>
>>67007324

Oh and they reintroduced Frollo's brother from the novel, that's sort of cool
>>
File: disney hunchback of notre dame.jpg (176 KB, 700x464) Image search: [Google]
disney hunchback of notre dame.jpg
176 KB, 700x464
>>67006014
>I have a feeling it will fall prey to the same fate as Hunchback of Notre Dame

I would say that the cost involved on launching HOND on Broadway swayed Disney Theatrical more than the content, though that certainly played a role. I think they would have at least pulled a Newsies with it--a limited time run, with the option of extending if it proved popular--but the running cost for the show would have been enormous compared to their other productions because of the 32-person choir.

Menken&co refused to cut the choir out of the show, so they would have had to pay over $60,000 per week for the choir alone. That doesn't include the salaries for the ensemble cast, or the principal cast, or the cost for the orchestra and other expenses.

Also, from what I've read about Anastasia, it definitely won't be as family friendly as the Bluth film because they're removing the magical elements (no zombie Rasputin, talking bat, etc) but I don't think it's going to be anywhere near as adult as HOND ended up being.
>>
can anyone point me in the right direction to a pro shot of a gentleman's guide to love and murder? does it exist yet? how about a decent bootleg?
>>
>>67005436
>tfw not the very model of a modern major general
>>
>>66988184
>>66999346
I don't understand. Did you miss the part (the whole musical) where the struggle for political power at the founding mirrors the struggle for political power now? Why do you think the only white dude in the cast is King George? Why do you think they sing in hip hop (you're crazy if you think it's just novelty)? What do you think the difference between "from" and "for" is?
>>
>>67007824
>tfw there is not one maiden breast which does not feel the moral beauty of making worldly interest subordinate to sense of duty
>>
Best songs are Wait For It and Satisfied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0EqxnWxlvY
>>
File: ok7I0Yy.jpg (524 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
ok7I0Yy.jpg
524 KB, 2048x1536
>>67007824
>Being an outdated general
>>
>>67007545
>no zombie Rasputin, talking bat, etc

Good. I know Anastasia gets a lot of nostalgia, but it's a pretty dysfunctional movie and the entirely arbitrary supernatural element is a big part of that.
>>
>>67007983
My favourite Burr song is The Room Where it Happens

It's alright on the soundtrack but the stage performance elevates it to a 20/10.
>>
>>67007602
decent bootlegs are everywhere. I'll look for one.

one of the best shows of the past 5 years imho. still no London transfer for some reason even though it's obviously a brit influenced show and it would kill at the B.O.
>>
UH OH YOU MADE THE WRONG SUCKA A KEK-OLD
>>
>>67007602
>>67008546
I think this is the one I watched:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k4ly7dDxwRspkH8ht0J
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k39uZRX8Eg5aUv8ht1R
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k7jbDeQA51jsnj8ht2V
>>
>>67007379

Esmerelda is a banging choon too

Overall it's pretty interesting how 'dark' they've made it, really brought back a lot of stuff from the book that got cut out in the film to make it child-friendly.

Still, I'm enjoying it. Good shit
>>
>>67008699
Rhythm of the Tambourine is GOAT
>>
>>67001516
yes. book of mormon and spring awakening are good but nothing this essential has come along in a while.
>>
>>66989490
>but it's one of the only songs in Les Mis where the original French lyrics are better
>one of the only
Bitch every song was better in french. Even the 1991 retranslations.
>>
>>67001516
>>67008792
melodically I prefer Fun Home though Hamilton has much more going on.

Ghostface Killah's rap concept album Twelve Reasons to Die deserves its own musical tbqh.
>>
File: 1419583540524.jpg (44 KB, 457x437) Image search: [Google]
1419583540524.jpg
44 KB, 457x437
>>67008591
>>
>>67009154
wait I found a much better one. this is the one I saw:

Act 1:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2Gf8kf6QZaZED92mlp
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6fJWhUb7qCkzK92mlu
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2dqVfw408f4k492mlz
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k1YGup8BZe3tUQ92mlB
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6gwNtHqgVPtzK92mlE

Act 2:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k1PDy7Oio49QIN92uIy
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k7ft20pboRPZ6l92uJ3
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2xSSvwQmoT61h92uJq
>>
What are the last shows you saw live?

How many shows do you see each year on average?

How much money do you tend to spend on theater each year?
>>
File: 1433867384916.jpg (57 KB, 317x800) Image search: [Google]
1433867384916.jpg
57 KB, 317x800
I still get a bit choked up every time I hear Who Tells Your Story
>>
>>67009647
what reliably gets me is "they say angelica and eliza were both at his side when he died"

>tfw you'll never have a schuyler harem
>>
>>67009414
not as many as I'd like to. regional/amateur theatre in London is amazing and they do everything. I wish I could go every week.
>>
>>67009414
>What are the last shows you saw live?

The tour versions of Newsies and Cinderella. I'm glad I saw them because Newsies tour is shutting down in October, and Cinderella is closing in April and reopening next year as non-union. Newsies was crazily energetic and the dancing was fantastic, and Cinderella was magical it made me cry .

>How many shows do you see each year on average?

I live in the Midwest so it depends on what comes around here. Usually at least 2 shows, not counting ballet, opera or occasionally local theater productions. This season I've got tickets for 3 shows and 1 ballet.

>How much money do you tend to spend on theater each year?

at least $500. More lately because I've ended up paying for tickets for younger relatives as gifts.
>>
>>66996231
Not really, they mention slavery in passing a couple of times but they don't go over the top about it. At most they stretch the immigrant factor a bit, but who cares?
>>
>>67009647
I tend to get emotional around 'oh I can't wait to see you again.'

There's a video from prior to opening night, where Lin Manuel Miranda is reading quotes from the biography, about Eliza Hamilton having grown old and giving tours of her home, always pausing before a bust of Alexander. He starts getting choked up and it it just gets me choked up. Especially when he reads the part about how she, to one caller, said:

>I am so tired, it is so long, I want to see Hamilton.
>>
>>67009780
Rogers & Hammerstein's Cinderella is an all-time great and Laura Osnes was the perfect lead in the last revival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8pRRhZ52yI
>>
>>67010104
For sure! She's enchanting on the cast recording and in the videos I've seen. She pulled off the "Kindness" scene, which has the risk of coming across totally ridiculous, so perfectly in the videos I've watched.

I remember when she first showed up on that reality TV show to cast the revival of Grease!
>>
>musical threads on /tv/
Did we always have these?
>>
I wish movie musicals didn't become some weird niche genre. Is Les Mis the last musical to do well at the box office?
>>
>watching bootlegs of live theatre
literally cancer, the whole lot of you
watching theatre without being there is even worse than paedophilia
>>
>>67010273

Yeah they've been going since at least the Les Mis movie. Not constant, but appearing from time to time
>>
File: next-to-normal_1101.jpg (976 KB, 3150x2100) Image search: [Google]
next-to-normal_1101.jpg
976 KB, 3150x2100
Made me cry like a little bitch

>I am the one who loved you, I am the one who cared...;_;
>>
>>67010223
she's a real life Disney Princess. she did a good Broadway.com vlog if you watch those. I love those things.
>>
>>67010284
Into The Woods didn't do too bad, even if the critical and audience reactions were pretty meh. Musicals are making a comeback on tv though. I would never have guessed that we'd have 2 annual tv musicals every year.
>>
>>67009951
(facebook)/HamiltonMusical/videos/1188852887808253/

Best of wives and best of women ;_;
>>
>>67010339
hi, dad
>>
>>67010439
I never would have guessed that Grease Live would be (mostly) fucking fantastic. I was ready for it to be worse than The Sound of Music, but NBC needs to take some damn notes from Fox, because their editing and set design was almost perfect. The Wiz Live was a major improvement on Peter Pan Live, but Grease Live made NBC's shows look like community theater.
>>
>>67010549

nooo ;_;
>>
>>67010596
>yfw a Jessie J cover gets you fucking hyped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2J3_tdBjAo

it was amazing. In fact the only bad thing about it was it was Grease. Xanadu when???
>>
File: perfect-crime-off-broadway.jpg (77 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
perfect-crime-off-broadway.jpg
77 KB, 600x600
Fellow theaterfags did you ever make the trek to see this?

http://www.perfect-crime.com/

The lead actress has only missed like four performances since 1987 and it's sort of the The Room of plays. It's such a clusterfuck that no one can figure out how it has kept playing for so many years and when you leave they actually give you an "Answer key" that tries to explain what the fuck you just watched when you leave. Everyone should experience it at least once.
>>
>>67010284
Les Mis did okay, as did Into The Woods

I wish it was a big genre again, there's so much fantastic shit that hasn't been adapted yet. And I wish the directors who worked in it the most were better suited to it. Robb Marshall is the director of most of the big movie musicals now, and his work is really muddy and not very good - Into the Woods it felt like the entire second half was an exercise in looking as cheap and stagebound as possible while playing with absolutely no interesting ideas. (Chicago was alright, but he fucked it with bad editing.)
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 475x356
Best musical
>>
>>67007847
Having a thematic excuse for the anachronism doesn't make it any more appealing to me. Nor does attempting to draw a connection between rich slaveholders and so-called oppressed ethnic minorities. Thinking that race is a major political differentiator is identity politics at its worst.
>>
>>67010859
>Catherine Russell
>is also one of the executive producers of The Fantasticks, playing downstairs in the Jerry Orbach Theater
lol. she's also responsible for the longest running show on Broadway (which is also pretty terrible)

... is she autistic?
>>
>>67010859
>her understudy has only gone on 4 times since 1987

Sounds like the makings of a perfect crime to me
>>
Would a Protomen stage musical work?
>>
>>67010983
Imagine if she were a baneposter.
>>
>>67010983

I heard an interview with her and she seems really sweet. She just loves to act, even if it's in garbage and she might not be very good at it. She's pretty goddamn dedicated to her craft, you can't argue with that.
>>
>>67011024
Part 2 definitely could, if you read the story of Part 1 it's actually a lot of kinda anime bullshit with Megaman mowing down armies of robots but it could probably work too.
>>
>>67011037
The Fantasticks, which has been going on for 50 years, was actually meant to close this year but a mysterious investor swooped in last minute to not only save it, but keep it running indefinitely.

she's obviously got some connections to mafia money or some shady shit...

>>67010939
muh Salt Peter
muh Pins
>>
File: 1384053195229.png (47 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1384053195229.png
47 KB, 200x198
>>67010983
>Listen to interview with her on NPR
>They ask her how she can do what she does and have relationships
>She says "I had a boyfriend once, then I started the play and he left me because I was always working. Since then it's just been me all alone."
>She then says the reason she missed those four performances was to attend her siblings weddings
>mfw
>>
>>67011166
her story obviously needs to be turned into a musical.
>>
>Let’s hatch a plot blacker than the kettle callin’ the pot.
>What are the odds the gods would put us all in one spot
>Poppin’ a squat on conventional wisdom, like it or not
>A bunch of revolutionary manumission abolitionists?
>Give me a position, show me where the ammunition is!

Based Lin Manuel Miranda, he's the reason Moana is the first Disney movie I've been hyped for in years.
>>
File: CdPYA8RWIAEosUU.jpg-orig.jpg (387 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CdPYA8RWIAEosUU.jpg-orig.jpg
387 KB, 2048x1536
>>67011311
>>
>>67007983
this
>>
File: linman.png (42 KB, 859x228) Image search: [Google]
linman.png
42 KB, 859x228
>>67011311
ayyy

its been so long since a really top tier disney soundtrack.
>>
>>66988184
>"Appropriates culture"
By that logic black people shouldn't be allowed to read or speak english.
>>
>>67011311
Lin is on Moana? I figured Disney would snatch him up but didn't realise it would be that quick.
>>
dammit am I going to have to watch kid shows now

http://www.playbill.com/article/broadway-genie-materializes-in-disneys-tangled-tv-series-com-371435
>>
>>67011541
most black people didn't come to the US by choice
>>
>>67011568
Disney already had him do the cantina music for Force Awakens, though it was just some generic instrumental reggae bullshit.
>>
>>67011568
He's been attached to the project for almost 2 years but it's only recently they announced it.
>>
File: holland.jpg (393 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
holland.jpg
393 KB, 1024x681
Wicked thoughts?
>>
File: Cath.jpg (27 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
Cath.jpg
27 KB, 500x343
>>67011166

She could still get the pipe, what's her contact info I'm gonna send her some dick pics.
>>
>>67011772
I saw it when Chenoweth and Menzel were still in it with my ex and her little sister. Had no idea they were gonna blow up like they did, but it was really good. I'd honestly see it again even without being dragged by women.
>>
>>67011541

They don't
>>
>>67011951
lel
>>
The bit in Waiting for It where the music drops out and then comes roaring back with I AM INIMITABLE I AM AN ORIGINAL makes me rock hard
>>
>>67011933
how was dat Idina booty tho
>>
File: 1279082592656.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1279082592656.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
>>67012087
I think I made a DAT ASS face IRL.
>>
I think the only time I've heard Idina sing in a manner that I actually enjoyed listening to was probably that song she did in Beowulf.

Tbh I'm not a huge fan of the 'musical theatre' style of singing in general, main thing that puts me off them.
>>
>>67011772
The original Broadway production was great. Since then, the quality of the show has depended largely on the actors, particularly those playing the two leads.

I've seen productions where it was like a theme park show--all smiles and flash and no depth, very little attention paid to characterization--or characterization sacrificed for making audiences laugh. Like how Galinda is often played as incredibly spastic, squealing and jumping and having physical tics, all to make people laugh... yet the character is supposed to be a snobby debutante who, one night after a crazy and fun party, gets a bit silly. Not as a ridiculous 5 year old.

Yet I've also seen productions where the actors lift the material to another level. Julia Murney and Willemijn Verkai as Elphaba, for instance, imbued the novel Elphaba: hardened and bitter and sarcastic and lonely, but yearning for something beyond her reach. As opposed to the 'theme park' Elphaba who runs around stage like a chicken, barking her lines, just stopping short of snapping her fingers.
>>
>>67012337
she's great in See What I Wanna See. probably the least Idina she's ever sounded. A lot more tonal light and shade and melodic curveballs. You might like it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwCBikgX2dY
>>
>>67012087
>>67012242
Idina has no ass you white retards
>>
>>67010962
>musicals should only be culturally neutral (read: old, white)
I mean, like the music you like; I don't really do death metal. But don't conflate your distaste for the style with poor production quality. The use of hip hop is only out of context if you think that the producers aren't trying to draw a parallel to modern politics (much less that the parallel is inaccurate). Not that anachronism really matters, since dialogue through song is a fictional narrative device anyway.
Do you think Hamilton has a political message? Given that message, do you think it executes poorly? What don't you understand about the hype?
>i don't see race
*sigh* ok
>>
File: tumblr_m0q7ffVYC91rovzb2o1_1280.png (859 KB, 1280x649) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0q7ffVYC91rovzb2o1_1280.png
859 KB, 1280x649
>>67012636
for you
>>
File: 1412372127452.png (5 KB, 193x200) Image search: [Google]
1412372127452.png
5 KB, 193x200
>>67012733
>>
>>67012733
thanks for proving me right
>>
>>67012636
Bullshit. Also she's married to a black dude you dumb fucking faggot.
>>
>>67013002
They've been divorced for like 2 years, not that being married to a black man is relevant.
>>
>>67013097
>You say we don't know what ass is because we're white
>She was married to a black dude so she must have ass

Try to keep up dummy.
>>
>>67013214
>She was married to a black dude so she must have ass
>>
>>67012733

That's a nice thick ass.

t. African American gentleman
>>
File: springtime.jpg (79 KB, 480x278) Image search: [Google]
springtime.jpg
79 KB, 480x278
The Producers will always hold a special place in my heart, and I highly suggest anybody that hasn't seen it yet watches it. All of Mel Brooks' musicals deserve mention in this thread, though.
>>
>>67013426
I can't enjoy this. Feels like shticky comedy for grandmothers.
>>
Are there any watchable versions of The Book of Mormon online?
>>
>the original Les Mis wasn't recorded
>this is all we have
http://fresques.ina.fr/en-scenes/impression/fiche-media/Scenes01097/creation-de-la-comedie-musicale-les-miserables.html
I want to watch it so bad it's killing me.
>>
>>67012640
>But don't conflate your distaste for the style with poor production quality.
Why do people perceive criticism this way? Opinions are inherently subjective, you don't have to couch critiques in niceties by conceding that something might be technically good but just not aesthetically interesting to you personally. As for Hamilton's political ambitions (which isn't unique; it's par for the course with the genre), how much does that actually affect the quality of the song-writing for the individual numbers themselves? Prose is more important than message in a novel, and I submit that one has to enjoy the music in a musical in order to begin to care about its message.

>I don't see race
I never said or implied this, but as a non-white person I wasn't coming from a privileged perspective. Like Hitchcens said, you don't get rid of the specter by invoking it as much as possible. People who suggest that race is a more important factor in societal oppression than class is misguided.
>>
>>67013544

This, the only versions I have seen online were shitty shot on handheld cam versions with terrible sound.
>>
>>67013956
>criticism is subjective
Yeah, but that's a cop out when you say you don't understand the hype--it's not like your subjectivity completely preclude you from empathizing with others, especially when the hype is more than just a function of (even if driven largely by) the musical style.

>form takes precedence
Twilight doesn't sell well because Stephanie Meyer is a literary genius; Gravity wasn't good because of its plot

>class is more important
It's people who suggest that addressing race is mutually exclusive with addressing class, much less that the two aren't intricately related, who are misguided.
>>
>>67014719
Sympathizing with people who happen to disagree with you might be necessary in a professional review setting, and might be a good method of attempting to change peoples' mind on the subject, but writing with a conciliatory tone isn't what 4chan is for; you don't have to placate people who might be upset that you're talking mess about their favorite musical while posting on a taiwanese scrimshawing board.

>Twilight doesn't sell well because Stephanie Meyer is a literary genius; Gravity wasn't good because of its plot
No one who isn't a 17 year old girl calls Twilight good, and Gravity WAS good precisely because of its form. The plot was just an excuse for the excellent visual prose.

>much less that the two aren't intricately related
No, fuck off. This is precisely the wrong way to think about this. Not only does this throwing of the millions of poor whites under the proverbial bus alienate them into supporting people like Trump, it misdiagnoses the problem and has us focusing on tertiary issues that will never fix it.
>>
>>66988184
read the rap genius liner notes from lin manuel miranda. The lyrics and beats are legit dense
>>
>>67015368
complex =/= good

Yngwie Malmsteen isn't a better musician than Bob Dylan.
>>
File: scoff.gif (958 KB, 245x272) Image search: [Google]
scoff.gif
958 KB, 245x272
>>67015553
>>
File: 1439876417144.jpg (88 KB, 423x585) Image search: [Google]
1439876417144.jpg
88 KB, 423x585
This is a literal masterpiece.
>>
>>67015553
>Bob Dylan
>not dense
>>
Blue is such a s great song
>>
Wait, so this is a musical about a bunch of coloreds playing white historical figures and you fucks are okay with it?
>>
having some trouble grapsing the "hamilton has bad music" argument, outside of just disliking the application of musical theater elements to hip hop.

so much better than shit like Wicked and Rent.
>>
>>67014313
>the only versions I've found online are bootlegs

well, what do you expect you'll find?
>>
>>67015789

musical theatre is the realm of cucks

If you want good white music, come and listen to some Wagner
>>
>>67015815

Not what I said. What I expected to find was a version, considering how long it's been out and how popular it is, that was at least watchable.
>>
>>67015265
>twilight, gravity
Just because her prose becomes harder and harder to stand as you grow older doesn't mean you can't see the wish fulfillment/fantasy. The point is only that there are clearly multiple axes along which to evaluate a performance. (Gravity, for all it's virtues, still didn't win best picture.)

>buses, trump
What?
>>
>>67015789
>The same fags who get all pissed off at people like Idris Elba playing Heimdal love Hamilton

I bet they're the same retards that love Seinfeld yet bitch incessantly about laugh tracks.
>>
>>66989664
I know they realistically won't be looking for theater actors, but jesus, they need to consider Jon Jon Briones for the Engineer in the film role. He's been honing his performance for almost 2 decades. He's so underrated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzpKjaZr4nc
>>
>>67016067
I know the phrase gets thrown around a lot but /tv/ isn't one person.
>>
>>67015943
Jesus, you don't have to keep conceding ground to people with bad taste. Are you seriously suggesting that popularity and Oscar wins are good indicators of quality? Or at the very least good arguments in support of something being valuable? Argumentum ad populum is made fun of by even the most obnoxious youtube poster.

>The point is only that there are clearly multiple axes along which to evaluate a performance.
Not really. Or at the very least some axes matter more than others. I could be reductive and say that in literature form > characters > message > plot, but that's being incredibly simplistic. Something that's good involves the convergence of all of its aspects. That means that if one of the elements is completely unappealing to you, then it's usually impossible to enjoy the work. And the anachronistic music in Hamilton is unappealing to me.
>>
Urinetown is best musical
>>
>>67016608
>Dare you enter my magical realm?
>>
Someone explain this to me, what do stage musicals have to do with /tv/?
>>
>>67016683
Where else would you post it? There's no theater board. So it's either here or /mu/
>>
>>67016683

Many of them get adapted into films or TV shows. They have actors in them. They are directed much like films and television.

Now answer my question. Are you actually, honestly, autistic?
>>
>>67016329
he got into the original 80s production because he snuck into an audition. He's pretty determined.

it was awesome when Jonathan Price gave him his original jacket at the 25th Anniversary performance. Shame they took it off Youtube
>>
>>67005309
I've only seen the revival, what made Chris a grey-area character?
>>
>>66988184
Seriously. I listened to whatever song was performed at the White House by the guy who made this and really liked it. Then I listened to some more of the album...its just really awful.

It's just white people rap trying to get people interested in a historical figure who wasn't interesting in the first place nor did he do anything noteworthy.
>>
>>67017623
lol. what do you define as "black people rap"?
>>
>>67017623
> Alexander Hamilton
> a historical figure who wasn't interesting in the first place nor did he do anything noteworthy.

holy shit maximum pleb
>>
>>67017691

NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA, BIG BLACK NIGGA, PULL MUH TRIGGA, KILL DAT NIGGA, NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA

Original black people rap do not steal.
>>
>>67017744
Then fill us in on what he did that should go down in history besides being Secretary of the Treasury, losing to Jefferson, and being shot by the vice president.
>>
>>67017986
he made the coast guard
>>
>>67017986
How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a
Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a
Forgotten spot in the Caribbean by providence
Impoverished, in squalor
Grow up to be a hero and a scholar?

The ten-dollar founding father without a father
Got a lot farther by working a lot harder
By being a lot smarter
By being a self-starter
By fourteen, they placed him in charge of a
Trading charter
>>
File: 1442617205224.gif (995 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1442617205224.gif
995 KB, 500x250
>>67018126
>>
>>67017497
In the licensed version before the revival, there's more material acknowledging that Chris's actions ruined lives, and Chris comes across as a bit more callous regarding Kim.

The two biggest ones I can think off from the top of my head:

In The Revelation, where John tells Chris that Kim is alive and with child. Pre-revival, he said: "“A child, what do I do? I shattered Kim, now Ellen too!" In the revival, he says: "“A child, what do I do? Oh Jesus, Kim! What do I do?” So it went from Chris recognizing that he ruined Kim's life and now Ellen's, to just a random exclamation.

and in The Confrontation between Ellen/John/Chris. After John and Ellen point out that Kim is still in love with Chris, Chris originally said: "It was just two weeks, it was years ago!" In the revival, Chris says: "Yes, we were in love, it was years ago, we were torn apart!" So he went from dismissing Kim being in love with him and saying it was "just two weeks" years ago to "oh we were in love! but we were tragically torn apart!" In the original, it's clear that they had a whirlwind romance brought about by the tragedy of war and both of them experiencing trauma, but Kim is the only one who clung to it for years and years as some long-lasting soulmate bond and a legitimate marriage. Chris moved on as best he could--originally after only a year, then when they brought the show to Broadway they upped it to 2 years--and once he learns Kim's alive, he's doing anything he can to wash his hands of her out of his fear of losing Ellen. The revival softened this, so Chris is more of a victim.

Incidentally they soften Ellen too in that scene. She originally said "But Chris, she still loves you! How can I have her near?" when talking about bringing Kim and Tam to America. In the revival she says: "But John, she still loves him, how can we have here there?"
>>
File: 483341664.jpg (356 KB, 910x1024) Image search: [Google]
483341664.jpg
356 KB, 910x1024
>>67018186
>>
>>66995768
>implying capeshit isn't mainly consumed by 16-24 year old girls.
>>
>>67017623
>historical figure who wasn't interesting in the first place nor did he do anything noteworthy.

holy fucking autism
>>
I'm seeing it in April. Is it worth listening to the music beforehand?
>>
>>67018311
do what I do and only listen to the first Act. Let the second Act surprise you. I still don't know what happens and I won't until I go see it Live.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.