[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the name's John Cloverfield Cant believe that was the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: ce-00903r.jpg (226 KB, 670x447) Image search: [Google]
ce-00903r.jpg
226 KB, 670x447
>the name's John Cloverfield

Cant believe that was the only link to the 2008 movie, what a ripoff gimmick
>>
I can't believe they didn't show the monster. All we got was that faint roar.
>>
I'm surprised they got the implied rape scene in a PG-13 movie. It was a little much.
>>
>>66987116
i found it interesting that in the trailers, john goodman spoke with a relatively normal accent, but in the movie he has some retard lisp.
i think they just wanted not to make people assume he was crazy from the get go
>>
I told you dipshits this would have nothing to fucking do with the Cloverfield monster when the fist trailer was released.
>>
>>66988723
wait, seriously?
>>
>>66987788
>>66988835
>implying they didn't show clover
https://imgur.com/a/GbsX5
>>
He looks like he's living some wild wild life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bWP07YgUWig#t=73
>>
>>66988983
That isn't Clover.
>>
Spoil everything.
>>
I heard it was "my name is... what? my name is... who? my name is *schwicka schwicka* John "Hamm I am" Harkonnen" in the original.
>>
>>66989289
aliums
>>
>>66988994
Was that Don Knots?
>>
>>66989354
I'm not sure. There are so many people in that video pretending to be other people.
>>
DUDE TACKED ON SHIT AT THE END TO CLAIM IT'S A SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR LMAO
>>
>>66988983
>https://imgur.com/a/GbsX5
That looks like somebody making a shadow with their hands.
>>
I did emit an audible "Jesus Christ," when the 10 CLOVERFIELD mailbox fell into the middle of the screen.
>>
did /tv/ seriously not like this movie?

i was heavy into the Cloverfield ARG in 2008 as a 16 year old and I loved 10 Cloverfield Lane just as entertainment
>>
File: image.jpg (282 KB, 824x1364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282 KB, 824x1364
not enough MEW ass.
>>
>>66990317

it was great. well paced despite the potential to feel really slow. i also liked how the movie didn't give you TOO much information. like there was no scene where john goodman got confronted about meghan/brittany and had to outright admit to it. also there were a few points where you went back and forth on whether there actually was an invasion. Up until the end when you first started seeing the aliens you were never really sure.

Only thing I didn't like was the last two minutes where the radio came on and she decided to be gung ho and go to houston instead of to safety. I'd have preferred the movie cut away as soon as she drove off in the car without us knowing any humans were even alive, let alone that they were pushing back the aliens
>>
>>66990357
Can you post some good pics her shoulder and forearm hair please?
>>
>>66988957
Everything in this thread is bait, you retard. He talked in his regular voice.
>>
>>66990731
>I want an unsatisfying ending without plausible plot development
That's fine. Next time, feel free to leave before the movie finishes so you're left in the dark. Don't ruin everyone else's fun.
>>
>>66991262
Spoken like a true americuck.

You need everything spelled out directly and a happy ending dont you?
>>
>>66990731
Yeah just watched it. Movie was good, not too much to complain about until the ending. Really would've been happier of they just ended it when she drove off.
>>
File: 1456968629390.jpg (165 KB, 804x993) Image search: [Google]
1456968629390.jpg
165 KB, 804x993
>>66993144
The real ending is //she doesn't actually break the lock off she dies in the fire. the following scenes were grade a bullshit.
Amazing movie though.
>>
>>66991262
>I need 100% conflict resolution, all plot ends tied up, and everything wrapped in a pretty little neat bow because my plebeian brain can't handle ambiguity

Fixed that for you, chief.
>>
>>66987116
I can't believe the movie ended once she had a look outside. No aliens or any monsters as other anons are pretending happened.. WHAT THE FUCK!?? WHYYYY
>>
>>66993144
>Really would've been happier of they just ended it when she drove off.
They should probs have cut out the "we need help in Houstin" and she decides to drive there.

Unless the 3rd film is gonna be her over there and then JJ could re-make the first Cloverfield with the original actors in Houstin that she comes across.

FUCK that would be amazing!! Make the 3rd a re-imagining of the first events with all original actors back :)
>>
>>66994183
>After a whole bunch of in-fighting and running around amongst the 3 of them, the bearded dude is killed by Goodman , and Winstead stabs/shoots Goodman and escapes with a hazmat suit. She steals a truck and drives down an empty highway towards Chicago. She drives for a while until she can see the city in the distance, she then gets out of the car and the camera pans around to show a devastated chicago skyline. Cut to black and credits roll

Original script ending. Not surprisingly a million times better.
>>
>>66994751
nope the way they ended it with all the surprises was perfect.

I would have raged if they ended it the way you said
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.