[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Justice League
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
I'm a little confused on how the Justice League movies are going to work. Why would they use and older Batman? Wouldn't it have made more sense if he were younger? Dont get me wrong, I'm so looking forward to BvS. I just dont understand the thinking behind it.
>>
>>66977146
To make batman the more "wise experienced" type
>>
>>66977146
Because having everyone being the same age and having origin stories is boring as shit. Also we've had so many young, origin story Batman that they wanted to use the chance to use a more experienced than usual Batman
>>
>>66977146
>Wouldn't it have made more sense if he were younger?
In what way?
>>
>too old for fun Batman adventures with villain origin stories
>too young for Batman Beyond

They fucked up.
>>
>>66977167
I guess so, but I just feel from all that I've read, he's like on the end of his career as Batman. Would have like to have him in his prime. And how are they going to handle his solo movies? Is it going to be set when he was younger, or is it a continuation from BvS? So many questions.
>>
>>66977291
Theory: batman and superman are gonna learn something from each other after this. Batman will probably become less brutal after the events of this movie and after JL probably be less reclusive (but still not super outgoing), and I think he's getting a robin or batgirl played by Malone
>>
>>66977146
it's because Hack read comics in 1986 when the Dark Knight and Watchmen were popular, and he's based his entire shitty career on this one fact.
>>
>>66977228
Well he is going to get his own solo movies. It doesn't make too much sense to me if he's in the end of his career. Like i said too many questions. But i'm sure they know what direction they're going with it.
>>
>>66977271
>just right for Dark Knight Returns
>>
File: 200.jpg (14 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
14 KB, 240x320
>>66977146
>they dare to drop Martian Manhunter for some black cyborg
>>
>>66977479
I'm actually pretty hyped to see what they have instore for cyborg. Also for Green Lantern.

But yes, leaving Martian Manhunter is sad. Maybe they'll set up something in the after credits scene, if they have one.
>>
Because this way you can have an older and experience Batman who has seen some shit in the JL and focus on solo Batman movies taking place in the past with none of the super-heroes thus not annoying people that are only interested in seeing Batman playing a rogue cop.
>>
There's no thinking.
>>
>>66977647
I hope that turns out to be true.
>>
>>66977470
>a story that would never work in this universe
>>
File: Nightwing by Grampa.jpg (255 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
Nightwing by Grampa.jpg
255 KB, 1080x1349
Because it can give you Superhero Batman right off the...bat as opposed to yet another origin. Like Mad Max they can just jump into a world and narrative already under way. I like it. I'd like to see the Bat solo films have Bond like globe-trotting or larger scale stuff instead of more dour Gotham. Leave Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, whomever else there.
>>
PLOTHOLES IN A SINKING SHIP
>>
>>66977672

That's pretty much it. Affleck already said that they want to do some of Batman's past stories that they're hinting at BvS.

There's also another point: you can't escape from Christopher Nolan's movies. That Batman ended with Bruce old and retiring, a "Robin" taking his place and so on. That shit is still fresh on people's mind. So you can't ignore that. You can't role up and present a fresh and young Batman. So the most logical thing was to keep that idea of a older Batman coming back and being angry because his partner died. Not that the new movies has anything to do with the TDK trilogy, but they're indeed keeping a bit of the familiarity the audience has with the previous movies canon.
>>
>>66977146
Batman didn't need a change or de-age with the nu52 which this universe is based on. Also, WB has a Frank Miller boner.
>>
>>66977146
At least use a better image senpai
>>
>>66977852
So is the Flash actually in the BvS movie?
I thought they casted Ezra Miller, but haven't heard/seen anything about the flash since then.
>>
>>66977909
No he's gonna be in JL. Unless DC has been keeping his cameo underwraps which I doubt is possible.
>>
File: HH..jpg (35 KB, 350x526) Image search: [Google]
HH..jpg
35 KB, 350x526
Perfect Bat trilogy.

Grant Fucking Morrison.

1. Truncated Batman and Son, Black Glove/RIP

2.Batman and Robin/The Return of Bruce Wayne with Dick and Damian, as Bruce works his way back through time. Following the end of RIP and Jusice League film where Darkseid hits him w Omega.

3. Batman Inc.

Great stories with actual heart that would sell a lot of toys

I don't want to see some lame ass Court of Owls, Red Hood, while tolerable is kinda boring. Let's move on.
>>
>>66977909
>>66977954
He is in BvS, they confirmed that in the EW article

The entire League is in the movie
>>
>>66977146
Probably so they can do something different. Also with an older Batman they can do the Batman and Son storyline and you can have Nightwing.
>>
>>66977146
Martian Manhunter literally created the justice league why the fuck isnt he in the movie?
>>
>>66977146
Ben Al-Jazera is 7 years younger than RDJ.Let that sink in.
>>
>>66978028
Grant Morrisons Batman is for autists who want to feel smart. It's shit.
>>
File: batman17_94.png (208 KB, 417x240) Image search: [Google]
batman17_94.png
208 KB, 417x240
>>66978658
A Scott Snyder man I see ;)
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.