[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's excited for episode 8? I foresee snow, giant worms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Who's excited for episode 8?
I foresee snow, giant worms and bounty hunters.
Not to mention lots and lots of good friends.
>>
an ice planet that's indistinguishable from Hoth only isn't for some reason
>>
>>66967465
I can't wait for Not Cloud City and Linda Calrissian to show up and flirt outrageously with Rey.
>>
>>66967511
>thedubsconfirm
>>
>>66967511

I always just laugh at this """""criticism""""" because you know the exact same people would bitch the exact same amount about what a stupid coincidence it would be if the planet from TFA was Tatooine.
>>
>>66967511
I'm just exited for the flop.
Ever seen a dead body roll down the stairs?
That's exactly what disney is doing.
>>
>>66967579
what a confusing post...
>>
>>66967597

Just like SW7 right?
>>
>>66967465
we had snow in the last one
>>
>>66967597
So if TFA was the dead body rolling down the stairs will EP8 be Disney dragging it back up again for another run?
>>
>>66967612

If the planet was Tatooine anons would say, "BRAVO JJ what are the odds the story would be back on Tatooine? Don't you have any original ideas? REHASH."

The planet is not Tatooine so anons say, "WHY NOT JUST CALL IT TATOOINE"

The point is anon are retarded.
>>
>>66967645
>MOOAAAAAAAAR snow
>with 4 legged walking things that shoot laser beams from head
>>
>>66967693

So it's not enough of a rehash for you? Or it's too much of one? I don't understand what you're saying.
>>
>>66967684
Or, option three, come up with a new environment.
>>
>>66967579
>What a stupid coincidence it would be.
>Coincidence
Why would it need to be a coincidence?
They could have set it up in the story that Tatooine was explicitly chosen because say Obi-Wan managed to hide out here for two decades, and the chaos in the criminal underworld left by Jabba's death makes it next to impossible to find someone here.
Would have taken 5 minutes, would have acknowledged the previous movies, given justification why they're hiding out on a inhospitable as all hell planet in the first place, while they're friends with the galactic government, etc.

Instead we get them hiding on a random desert planet because-
There is no because. They just are.
Luke being on Tatooine made sense. He was hidden away in the ass end of nowhere, so they can't find the son of Anakin Skywalker, and they can't find one of the last remaining Jedi who watches over him.
Anakin being on Tatooine made sense, because only in the ass end of nowhere could there be slavery "in" the grand and illustrious republic.

Why is anyone on Jakku?
Why did she get abandoned on a desert planet?
We'll see in the sequels! Probably!
Why did the guy with a piece to the MacGuffin hide on Jakku with like thirty people while we have no reason to believe he would be under any scrutiny if he just went to Corruscant or just any civilized planet with an actual republic millitary presence where it would be infinitely more difficult to stage abductions and wipe out his people?
We'll never know probably, but hey, maybe in the sequels!
>>
>>66967597
You're out of touch. You numb dumb fuck.
>>
>>66967754

You come up with a new one. We've done desert, mecahnical, snow, swamp, gaseous, forest, underwater, urban, Martian, ocean and volcano off the top of my head
>>
>>66967875

Brevity is the soul of wit anon. I have no idea what you're trying to say. Make your point in a concise sentence or you have no point to make.
>>
>>66967743
The more rehash the better, just rehash my shit up.
It doesn't really matter, after TFA I've given up anyway.
>>
>>66967920
Why certainly! Just send me my paycheck for being a creative consultant on a billion dollar industry and I'll sit right down to that.
>>
>>66967953
Jakku's importance pales in comparison to Tattooine's and so its usage is repetitive instead of meaningful.
>>
I want a big gay kiss between Poe and Finn.
>>
>>66967953
>Reading an entire post on 4chan is too much effort, please make it easier for me, but hey I'll throw in a quote so it seems like I'm not just overwhelmed by less than 2k characters.
Alright your majesty how about this:
A competent fucking writer can make it make sense, can make it be part of the story.
The TFA writers can't even be bothered to put as much thought into establishing why characters are where they are, as freaking Star Wars did.
>>
>>66967986

Holy fuck this might be the most pathetic cop out non answer to a simple question I've seen in years
>>
>>66968096
You're shilling so hard it's sad.
>>
>>66968073
I understood what your were saying bro, they SHOULD have gone back to Tatooine.
I think that other anon's trying to rustle jimmys
>>
>>66967465
I'll wait for the YIFY, but I promise to shit in a few threads until I get bored.
>>
>>66967920
Different Anon:
How about:
>Tropical
>Whatever you call the great plains in America
>British plains (there is a pretty big difference)
>Mountains (You know, like them mystical buddhist village in the mountains sort of deal, because of Jedi Temples or some such)
Want me to go on?
>>
>>66967579
Did it ever occur to you that the planet didn't need to look exactly like Tatooine to begin with?
>>
>>66967914
Holy shit TFA shills are still here?
>>
File: Morocco-South_Moro_2257134a.jpg (534 KB, 1300x872) Image search: [Google]
Morocco-South_Moro_2257134a.jpg
534 KB, 1300x872
>>66967920
There are so many unique looking environments on the earth alone and the imagination is the limit. there's no excuse. Even if you're committed to an arid wasteland planet you could still make it look unique
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.