[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Terrence Malick retarded? http://www.slate.com/blogs/bus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Terrence-Malick-009.jpg (23 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Terrence-Malick-009.jpg
23 KB, 460x276
Is Terrence Malick retarded?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/business_insider/2016/03/02/actor_recounts_his_insane_terrence_malick_filming_experience.html

>“We’re all standing there and Malick hands out these pieces of paper to all of us,” Lennon said. “And the one he gave me said, ‘There’s no such thing as a fireproof wall.’ And I ask, ‘Is this something I’m supposed to say in the scene?’ and he said, ‘I don’t know.’”
>>
>>66961609
I would have thought maybe but one scene in to the wonder was the most realistic thing I have seen in fiction.
The couple received bad news from a doctors visit.
While driving back home the couple while visibly shaken just started talking about random regular stuff, a few minutes later the husband who was driving just pulled over the road went out the car and started walking by the side of the road while screaming and clutching his head. He then went to the passengers side of the car and screamed at the woman to get out.

I wish I can explain it better but that was one of the most human things I have ever seen and it was very very very uncomfortable since it has happened to me and its probably happened to everybody. The movie itself was all over the place but that single scene haunts me.
>>
File: laughing_chink.jpg (9 KB, 370x368) Image search: [Google]
laughing_chink.jpg
9 KB, 370x368
>>66961609
>I don’t know
Fucking genious.
>>
Malick doesn't fucking care about actos anymore, he's just narrating with images.

Actors are just empty shells without brains. They are COWS.
>>
>>66962978
he got that one right
>>
>>66962552
They werent just talking about random stuff and suddenly the husband pulled over and freaked out.
She told him she slept with another man
>>
>>66962552
Olga's reaction to Al-fleqqi punching out the side view mirror was so real. Later when I read about all the improvisation they did for Knight of Cups I realized ol' Terry probably didn't tell her that Ben was going to start ripping off parts of the car.
>>
Malick creates environments for things to happen. He then sits like a predator and waits to catch moments of beauty on his camera. What's essential for this to happen, though, is intuition and understanding on the actor's part. Malick favors spontaneity heavily.

why can't retarded actors understand this?
>>
>>66964644
Every movie Malick has made since Days of Heaven has just been a shitty remake of Days of Heaven. He needs to make a film with a narrative again.
>>
>>66961609
DUDE IMAGERY

Make another Badlands you fag
>>
>>66965908
i legitimately feel bad for your parents
>>
File: Days of Heaven.jpg (2 MB, 3600x2025) Image search: [Google]
Days of Heaven.jpg
2 MB, 3600x2025
I could never direct the way he does. I don't have the patience to just shoot hundreds of hours of film and piece it together in editing. But I love the results.
>>
>>66965959
>he thinks malick has made more than two good films
tipstrilby.jpg
>>
Yes, an artist creating art in a non-traditional way means retardation. Weekend /tv/ is so epic.
>>
>>66961609
Every actor wants to work with him so they can try to be one of the actors who isn't cut out of the film
>>
he's not making a plot-oriented sci-fi film that's not nothing but medium shots?

omg wat a hack!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>66964194

Seems like pretty regular stuff to me. You don't own your wife, asshole.
>>
Absolutely autistic
>>
>>66961609
>‘Is this something I’m supposed to say in the scene?’ and he said, ‘I don’t know.’”
top fuckin kek
how do actors get this pleb?
>>
>>66966035
unpopular opinion alert

to the wonder is his best film
>>
>>66966153
Yea and Tyrone is a solid dude
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.