[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: 1.jpg (45 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
45 KB, 853x480
>"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
>becomes useless ghost
>>
>>66960445
>people claim the fights in the prequels were bad
>conveniently forget the fight in the original where an old dude spins and useless swats his light stick at a robot man
>>
>>66960503
>spinning
>not the most powerful attack in all of star wars
>>
>>66960503

>Spinning
>Not a good trick

Get a load of this novice.
>>
>BABY GOT...
>"Okay, so here were my options: A. Quickly duck sideways, dodge the saber, and take him out with a spinning back slash. Or B. Take the saber to the upper body, then dematerialize and die.
>>
>>66960503
The fights in the prequels were bad, and I agree that this fight is also lackluster. What now faggot?
>>
>>66960503
They aren't even fighting in ANH

just having some old bantz after not having seen each other for a while. Obi-wan needed to buy time so Anakin's useless fuccboi cuckold son could escape from the space station with his meme friends
>>
>>66960503
i don't understand, all the lightsaber battles are fun in their own way.

W E W
E
W
>>
>>66960445
>prequels build up their relationship to epic proportions
>go back to new hope and its just some old rival Vader crosses off his list and forgets with little emotion
>>
>>66960503
And yet the fight was still better because everything else surrounding the fight was so much better, than you were far more invested into the scene itself, the fate of the characters, and the story, than any prequel fight.
>>
>>66960768

>when I left you I was but to learn now I am the master.

Bitch, he left YOU to burn to a fucking crisp.
>>
>>66960802
this is what OT babbies actually believe
>>
>>66960802

Obi Wan vs Anakin on Mustafar beats the cloud city battle any day.

Darth Maul vs Qui Gon and Obi Wan pisses on Obi Wan vs Vader any day.

"But it doesn't look practical waaaah, muh OT"

Nigga, it is a fight between people with telekinetic and telepathic abilities wielding swords of plasma. What's not to like? The OT has good fight scenes, but the prequels have the better fights.

"But it's not charged with emotion"

I don't give a fuck about emotion, from a technical perspective, these fights are amazingly choreographed. And in terms of your "emotion" the duel between Maul and Obi Wan was emotional, the duel between Anakin and Obi Wan was emotional.

What the hell happened to people just switching off their brains and enjoying a movie?
>>
>>66960503

I guess I remember Palpetines spinning death move a lil differently to how you remember it.
>>
>>66960972
>I don't give a fuck about emotion
Aaaaand there it is. Another Michael Bayby who just wants to be spoonfed pretty effects and le epik flips and spinz for 20 minutes.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 375x392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 375x392
>>66961008

"What is the raid?"

"What is flying tiger and hidden dragon?"
>>
>>66961008
Not him but the fights in the original trilogy fucking suck. The choreography is boring and slow.

You can cry "but the emotions!" all you want but they really don't make up for the fights being so lousy.
>>
>>66961008
Michael Bay is very talented. Do you not have any appreciations towards actual auteurs?
>>
>>66961034

bunch of gay films with no emotion
>>
>>66961008
>muh emotion

>not reading two lightsaber fights that anon pointed out were fuelled by emotion.

>not reading

You're a septic, aren't you?
>>
>>66960972

Autism happened
>>
>>66961059
Michael Bay should be forbidden from having any part of film making except for special effects. Even then, the fights in Transformers are hideously shot and you can't tell what the fuck is happening or which tranny is winning.
>>
>>66961073

>gay films

I suppose you have films with "better" fight choreography?

Your fedora is showing
>>
>>66961105

Speak for yourself.
>>
File: 1446350393449.gif (480 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
1446350393449.gif
480 KB, 250x309
>>66961095
>fuelled by emotion
Maul fight was fucking retarded with that laser wall bullshit. It's like they just had to shoehorn in a reason for them to get separated long enough to kill Qui-gon. That brief moment of fighting when Obi goes rage mode was great, but ruined with that stupid ending.

Obi Wan v Ani lasted way too long and was full of stupid crap like tightrope walking, swinging from cables, and floating around on fucking droids. I need not even touch on the spinning for a solid 3 seconds or the "high ground" shit.

That said, at least it had some great moments like Anakin strangling Obi, them brawling when they lose their sabers, and the moment where they grapple and the lava explodes behind them as the score hits a crescendo.

Yes, these fights are very much fuelled by emotion, but ruined by being dragged out and abusing overly choreographed dancing that doesn't even look like they're trying to hit each other.
>>
>>66960503
Everything about the prequels is bad. Disney will de-canonize them soon.
>>
>>66960837
>>66960972

Spotted the autismo
>>
>>66961406

>taking a fight where two people with magic powers and laser swords fighting on a lava planet seriously

>getting this rustled.

K lol.
>>
>>66960837
have fun with your transformer-tier shit and don't forget your autism appointment next wednesday, little man
>>
File: image.jpg (921 KB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
921 KB, 4032x3024
>>66961501

God forbid, someone has a different opinion than yours and isn't mentally handicapped because of it
>>
>>66961533

>has a different opinion than yours
>h-he's just autistic

Nice coping mechanism, fag. Now quit waving that edge around, you'll cut someone.
>>
>>66961529
>lol it's fantasy, you shouldn't care about story telling or characters or any of that shit. Just turn your brain off :^)
>>
>>66961607

>implying that this is a bad thing.

I can watch a movie like Drive and think about it, I can watch BRONSON and think about it. But Star Wars is Star Wars. As far as I'm concerned, episode II was the worst film out of all of them.

But if you're honestly getting mad that someone likes something that you don't, you just come off as another edgy teenager lurking on this board.
>>
>>66961476
Meaning that TCW and rebels would be cancelled and no longer considered canon.

Ok.
>>
>>66960503
Spinning, that's a good trick
>>
>>66960503
>millenial complains about character actors not undergoing gung ho regimen resulting in movie being fun instead of grimdark

news at 11
>>
>Useless ghost

Bullshit, he saved lukes ass from Vader's TIE, guided the torpedoes into the exhaust port, and led Han to him on Hoth
>>
>>66960445
Anakin imagined cheating Death was pretty gud.

Obi Wan became immortal, and could be anywhere whenever he felt the need. Talk to anyone with the ability to hear. SIT ON STUMPS WITHOUT HAVING A REAL BODY. Literally more powerful than Vader imagined was possible.
>>
File: 1392889433365.jpg (34 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1392889433365.jpg
34 KB, 450x300
>There's a generation that are now teenagers who prefer the prequels to the OT
>They're on /tv/, right now
>In this very thread
>>
nice bait
>>
>>66962002
>he saved lukes ass from Vader's TIE
That was Han.

>guided the torpedoes into the exhaust port
The Force.

>and led Han to him on Hoth
The Force.
>>
>>66962103
The only good film in the original trilogy is the first one, and it still pales in comparison to the prequels. The original films are just so fucking boring to watch.
>>
>>66962230
You'll appreciate it once you're older
>>
>>66960445
I originally took it to mean that the knowledge he would have passed on to luke would be the power he was talking about, But he still could have done that if he lived.
So basically obi wan was being a dickhead and tried to pull a bluff on old toaster man.
>>
>>66962319
I'm probably older than you.
>>
>>66962319
not him but opposite for me

I used to like the originals until one day I rewatched them and realized how visually and morally thin they are compared to the prequels

and I also have to say, the first film (ANH) is the only film that really holds up in any form compared to the PT. There's something hollow about Empire, and to a slightly lesser extent, Jedi
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.