[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>every planet in the galaxy has the perfect amount of oxygen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: Bib-Fortuna-300x169.jpg (14 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
Bib-Fortuna-300x169.jpg
14 KB, 300x169
>every planet in the galaxy has the perfect amount of oxygen to support human life
LUUUUUUUCCCCCAAAAASSSSS
>>
>>66954499
Every habitable planet, yes. Which would make sense if it turns out that life can only evolve under certain conditions in the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>66954499

>every planet in the galaxy

Except that's not true.

There are literally trillions of planets in a galaxy.
The Star Wars canon has like 30 that we know supports life, and some of those don't have people living on the surface and instead only have people living in atmosphere-controlled archologies.
>>
File: 1455706587041.png (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1455706587041.png
81 KB, 500x500
>>66954499
My biggest issue is the gravity thing
>>
>>66954813
What, that every planet has the same amount?
>>
>>66954499
Why would they even go to planets that don't?
>>
>>66954865
Yes
>>
File: finn3.jpg (994 KB, 3259x1756) Image search: [Google]
finn3.jpg
994 KB, 3259x1756
>Theres no time dilation when traveling at faster than lightspeed for hours or days or weeks
>space smugglers han and chewy aren't time travelers and every location they go to the time is just right for them and not off completely
>the galaxies spacetime doesn't bend for them
Gets me every time lads
>>
>>66954499
>almost every planet in the Milky Way DOESN'T have the perfect amount of oxygen.

Who to say we're not the fucking retarded galaxy with the shit planets?
>>
>sand exists on planets without water
>>
File: 1378567734828.jpg (32 KB, 442x480) Image search: [Google]
1378567734828.jpg
32 KB, 442x480
>light just stops one meter away from source
>>
>"Lasers" that are slower than the speed of light, and are discontinuous.
>Aircraft that move through space like an aircraft in an atmosphere, constantly having their thrusters on, yet not accelerating, never having to use reverse thrusters to maneuver

Star Wars is just fantasy in a sci-fi setting. I think it's mostly due to George's misunderstanding of simple scientific concepts, or that he just didn't give a second thought to it, and honestly there's nothing wrong with that, I appreciate Star Wars for what it is without nitpicking. That said, the Starkiller base scene in TFA was cringe-worthy as fuck. Worse than any of the scientific blunders George is responsible for.
>>
>>66954499
>perfect amount of oxygen
it's not like there's a sweet spot. there's no "too high" percentage of oxygen you either have enough or you don't.
>>
>>66955004

if you want to bring technology into the star wars universe, then just imagine that The Force is just some kind of ancient alien physics-manipulating technology from a long dead civilization, that permeates spacetime and normalizes everything in the confines of their galaxy
>>
They're human?
>>
>>66955254
no one fucking said its a documentary you autistic faggot
>>
File: 1453848683947.png (650 KB, 468x724) Image search: [Google]
1453848683947.png
650 KB, 468x724
>>66955297
You just carried the load, my mind is at ease.
>>
>>66955254
Hard sci-fi != all science fiction.

But you're right, Star Wars isn't garden variety sci-fi, it's a space opera.
>>
>fly around in space
>asteroid belts literally everywhere, smashing ships to pieces

>jump to hyperspeed
>clear path to straight to destination
>>
Star Wars is fucking trash. They never even remotely try to address the science behind the it's shitty universe. That's why low IQ plebs love it.
>>
>>66955476
muh force
>>
>>66955461

>jump to hyperspeed
>clear path to straight to destination

Thats why they have hyperspace lanes. They are verified safe for light speed without hitting shit
>>
>>66954539
That might even be true in the real universe
>>
>>66954865
Did it ever occur to you that maybe the planets they chose to inhabit were the ones with the most similar conditions to earth (planet that humans in Star Wars came from)?
>>
>>66955291
No but too much a every match becomes a bomb
>>
>>66955476
It because the explanations aren't important.

Star Wars was always about the conflict between the empire and rebels, and between Vader and Luke. Why bog it down with all that shit? It's just like we don't need a full explanation of the art, culture and fashion of the time.
>>
>>66955523
>hyperspace,lanes
Sounds like a bunch of shit if you ask me
>>
>Anakin restores and builds droids carrying technology capable of artificial intelligence unlike anything seen on Earth
>lives in a mud hut
>>
>>66955855
>and exploited by a Jew
Lucas was fucking right all along
>>
File: qma.jpg (39 KB, 883x684) Image search: [Google]
qma.jpg
39 KB, 883x684
Trek is better anyway
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.