[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets talk about Star Wars Which do you prefer, the current Extended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1454165524177.jpg (314 KB, 1044x1500) Image search: [Google]
1454165524177.jpg
314 KB, 1044x1500
Lets talk about Star Wars

Which do you prefer, the current Extended Canon, or the old Legends EU?
>>
File: 1450024491824.jpg (66 KB, 625x458) Image search: [Google]
1450024491824.jpg
66 KB, 625x458
EC. Fuck EU garbage.
>>
Kill yourself turbonerd
>>
>>66954398

legends at least had some fun stuff and was earnestly goofy in its autism

TFA makes it feel like all of star wars takes place in one solar system
>>
>>66954442
Fuck off faggot
>>
File: 1448772439575.gif (165 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1448772439575.gif
165 KB, 600x400
>>66954398
>Lets talk about Star Wars
The first two movies were good, everything else is shit. Enough.
>>
>>66955008
>this guy
>>
>>66954398
From the old EU I read the Thrawn trilogy and the Darth Bane trilogy, pretty good both of them.
About the new canon I really dont give a fuck. I heard is full of hacks who can't write, and they're more interested in shoehorning gays and SJW BS.
>>
>>66956057
Thats only really true for one author
>>
File: 1457694041833.png (261 KB, 414x537) Image search: [Google]
1457694041833.png
261 KB, 414x537
>>66954398
Almost done with Season 1.

I'm just not feeling it.

The single focus on one small group is bad enough, but the group itself just isn't very interesting or engaging, or even likable.

I'm still not clear on what brought them all together or what motivates them beyond naïve idealism. It just feels so kiddy and uninspired. That they usually succeed and never lose anyone just adds to the sense of there being no stakes or consequences.

Ezra especially is obnoxious even when he's not supposed to be. I really really hate this character. He doesn't add anything to the series except the vague sense that he's meant to be important later on. I'm trying to give him a chance but it's so hard not to wish he would just die already. Everyone else is just bland for the most part, although Hera and Sabine have flickers of personality here and there.

But I dunno, it's just not enough for me to get invested. I don't care about this world and I don't know why the Empire is so incompetent in trying to catch them.

The episodes with Lando and Tarkin showing up were bright spots but I really couldn't give two shits about most of the main cast.
>>
>>66956162
Its not that bad when you look at it for what it is, a kids show.

When you stop trying to compare it to The Clone Wars and drop your expectations it becomes a lot easier to watch.

That being said, it really does pick up in season 2. The most recent episode is one of the best we have had in a while.
>>
>>66954398
Let's talk about why don't you fuck off already SW tourist, and stop spamming the same shitty thread over and over.
>>
New EU is pretty shit. Very dumbed down, SJWified, and less interesting
>>
>>66954398
I prefer just Star Wars 77 and letting your imagination fill in the gaps.
>>
Current canon.

The Clone Wars is amazing.

Rebels is meh, but still better than EU shit.
>>
Are there videogames in the ec canon?
No?
Then that one.

Also Thrawn is fucking dogshit so EUfags can't be shit on enough as far as I am concerned.
>>
Executives are always trying to force this franchise that are popular onto new generation, when the new generation doesnt really give a shit about it and has other shows, while a bit older generation did enjoy clone wars in both animated and Tartovski's version.

They should be focusing on that demographic, nobody wants to watch naruto-esque kid do nothing and whine and fail miserably at everything.

If the show was about his mentor Kanan, half-failed jedi trying to fix everything, struggling and acquiring powers that might be a different story.
>>
>>66954398

What extended canon aside from children books about the new disney show and some forgettable young adult novels?

It's not like VII had anything new to write about except whatever the knights of ren are.
>>
EU was world's ahead of EC whilst KOTOR and TSL were still canon.
>>
>>66956162
Season 2 has been getting better. The last three or four episodes have been pretty good. You'll have to go through a period of mediocre to bad episodes to get to them, though.
>>
>>66954398
The vidya games in the EU were good. Everything else was shit. I hope Disney keeps the new EC absolutely peripheral so nobody has to pay attention to it if they don't want to.
>>
>>66956162
Wait the force a minute, didn't you say this shit before on a another topic?
>>
>>66954398
whens the Web-DL/BrRip of TFA coming out? Thought it was this month?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.