[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LOTR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: surviving-as-frodo-emgn-2.jpg (23 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
surviving-as-frodo-emgn-2.jpg
23 KB, 640x360
Why didn’t the Eagles fly the Ring to Mount Doom?
>>
>>66949359
We've been over this a million times.

Because they were tired.
>>
>>66949440
Got trolled didn't I?
I'm a little drunk.
>>
>>66949359
The eagles are noted as being proud and arrogant. The ring would have had a powerful affect on them and they knew it.

Besides, they were dping Gandalf a favor by helping and really could've said no ar any fucking time.
It's like your drunk buddy calling you up at 3 in the morning to drive him across town to his ex's, to get his house keys, then driving back to the other side of town to drop him off at home. Eagles don't have time for that shit.
>>
File: fell-beast.jpg (85 KB, 800x452) Image search: [Google]
fell-beast.jpg
85 KB, 800x452
Dragons would see the Eagles, then rape them, and get the ring back.

Easier to send the "unlikeliest creatures of all" with the Ring, to sneak in and throw it in the pit.

The War at the gates was a distraction for the hobbits.

Congrats now we can end these threads.
>>
>>66949359
Why dont you fly your dick into your own ass?
>>
>>66949440
>>66949502
>>66949514
It was just bad writing. Get over it.
Peter Jackson is a hack. I thought The Hobbit trilogy made that clear?
>>
File: 1436060968295.jpg (28 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
1436060968295.jpg
28 KB, 400x396
Mfw eagles could have saved me 9 hours and just ended the war. Fucking stupid lazy birds
>>
Why didn't gandalf just nuke the whole fucking place with PK Fire?
>>
>>66949546
You realize Peter Jackson didnt invent LOTR right?

as to OP's question there are several reasons
1st. Ringwraiths wouldve fucked them up, taken back the Ring Sauron wins.
2nd. The Eagle carrying Frodo wouldve been suborned by the ring, ate that fucker and then you have EAGLELORD OF THE WORLD raining aerial bombardment on the world. Thats bad.
3rd. The Eagles have their own shit to do. They arent just giant birds, they are celestial beings, they rock up when they want to and not before.
>>
File: gandalfmoth.png (239 KB, 529x355) Image search: [Google]
gandalfmoth.png
239 KB, 529x355
>gandalf can control moths

why didn't he put the ring on it and send it into the volcano?
>>
>>66949691
>wanting the dark Moth Lord.

You monster. Nobody's clothes would be safe from our new moth overlords.
>>
>>66949359
eagles dont have plot armor
>>
>>66949691
And instead of a Dark Lord YOU WOULD HAVE A MOTH!
NOT DARK BUT GREYISH AND SORT OF DUSTY!
TREACHEROUS AS A LIGHT BULB WE FLY INTO!
STRONGER THAN THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE EARTH!
ALL SHALL LOVE ME, AND DESPAIR
>>
Because Sauron had dragons n shit my nigga, those birds would be swarmed before they even crossed into Mordor
>>
>>66949765
holy kek
>>
>>66949546
>Peter Jackson writing LoTR
Fucking hell m8
>>66949630
>EAGLELORD OF THE WORLD raining aerial bombardment on the world. Thats bad
Maybe I'm just way too drunk on Friday night but I'm losing it over here. 11/10
>>
>>66949741
fuck off reddit
>>
>Of all known instances in LotR fiction where the Eagles were asked for help they complied.
>Eagles have 100% success rate of helping out.

Tolkien should have demonstrated that the Eagles are pricks who don't help, rather than just saying they don't.
>>
The better question is why did Gandalf let the Ruling Ring sit in the fucking Shire for 20 years while he dicked around reading old books and shit?
>>
>>66949514
>Dragons
>>
>>66949359
Because Glenn Frey is a prick.
>>
>>66949897
Now this is a good point. However the danger of
>EAGLELORD OF THE WORLD
is still there.

>>66949913
Gandalf thought it was the ruling ring but <citation needed>
>>
>>66949359
For the same reason professional poker players don't go all in every single hand.
>>
>>66949359
Because then there wouldn't be a story.
>>
>>66949630
>3rd. The Eagles have their own shit to do. They arent just giant birds, they are celestial beings, they rock up when they want to and not before.

An Eagle is never late, Frodo Baggin, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to!
>>
>>66949979
keks
>>
File: LOTR gandalf vs balrog.jpg (191 KB, 1600x1048) Image search: [Google]
LOTR gandalf vs balrog.jpg
191 KB, 1600x1048
The Eagles would have been corrupted, like Gandalf and Galadriel would have been. Basically the more powerful you are the easier it is for the ring to take you (and the more it has to work with afterwards).

Gandalf's brilliant masterplan of taking centuries to selectively breed a race of ego-less bucolic morons, whom the ring couldn't affect too much and were thus were the perfect mules for it, paid off in the end. Giving it to the Eagles is a fucking stupid idea in comparison and the only reason people keep posting it is becasue they're desperately trying to force a meme.

I do like the giant catapult idea someone came up with in the 'Which way to Mordor?' threads a while back. Build super giant catapult at Hobbiton, use it to fling the ring (with suicidal Hobbit as added stabilising weight) across and over the Shire, Misty mountains, Rohan, north Gondor, over Mordor, and into Mount Doom. Splut.
>>
>>66949913
>The better question is why did Gandalf let the Ruling Ring sit in the fucking Shire for 20 years while he dicked around reading old books and shit?

He didn't know it was the the ring. It wasn't until Bilbo started losing his shit that he suspected it, then he spent a while researching it, and finally confirmed it with the fire trick.
Magic rings, and enchanted items in general, aren't that uncommon in Middle-Earth. Simply turning the user invisible wasn't a red flag to Gandalf.
>>
>>66949897
They don't help unless Radghast comes and starts trying to fuck them, then anywhere is better than that
>>
It should be a bannable offense to create these overused bait threads

If I was a mod you'd get 30 days for this.
>>
Because Gandalf already used the favour he had off them when they showed up in the hobbit.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.