[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top: $410 million Bottom: $90 million How come the CGI in Warcraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: cgidifference.png (3 MB, 1912x1916) Image search: [Google]
cgidifference.png
3 MB, 1912x1916
Top: $410 million

Bottom: $90 million

How come the CGI in Warcraft is so superior to any other movie?
>>
>>66946976
Go fuck yourself shill
>>
Nice repost. Actually Doomsday has decent CGI. It's just the design that's weird, but I heard it's a dynamic character design that evolves, so we'll see.

Either way, both of these are still miles ahead of that shit blow up doll Spiderman costume, though.
>>
>>66946976
Cause they cared about the CGI in Warcraft. Superman it's pretty much all about Batman. Doomsday is just an extra shoved in their cause DC is scared shit of Marvel.
>>
>>66946976
Batman v Superman has 200 million budget
>>
Doomsday could be a villain from literally any movie. It's actually the spitting image of Abomination from that Hulk film.

What the fuck were they doing with this generic shit design?
>>
>>66947123
Can't you see those spikes on his body?
They grow after getting beat up.
>>
Still looks better than CGI spider man.
>>
>>66947115
Nah, it cost 250 million dollars and most of it along with marketing has been gained back with advertisements.
Still, Warcraft doesnt look that good.

>>66947123
He grows those spikes in the movie and ends up looking literally like the comic version.
>>
>>66947065
>Nice repost
I want reddit to FUCKING LEAVE
>>
>>66947248
>the budget money spent on advertising affects the production values
How can someone be this retarded
>>
>>66947123
I LITERALLY thought it was supposed to be abomination

I was about to comment "that movie came out in 2009 retard" until i saw your comment
Why is all this money being spent on childrens films?
>>
>>66947034
This

Both movies are cash-ins from studios who don't know how to handle their own Intellectual Property.

They just want to shovel as much recognizable shit on screen as they can.
>>
>>66946976
Lighting. One is warmer so it feels more natural and whatnot. The top one is cooler abd more washed out. They did this intentionally for the feel the character is supposed to show.
>>
>>66946976
Strong relationship with the CGI company that's been doing blizzards cinematics for years.
No huge name actors.
No studio interference with trying to ensure a major franchise comes out of one movie.

>>66947248
>250 million dollars and most of it along with marketing has been gained back with advertisements.

The film isn't even fucking OUT YET.
>>
>>66947308
Well you tell me
>>
>>66947115
>>66947248
Lowest estimate is 250 million, but sources say it's up 410 million

>>66947385
>how to handle their own Intellectual Property
Implying Warcraft doesn't stay true to the story
>>
pandas.
>>
trolls.
>>
>>66946976
Because they're using Blizzards game dev's to do it
>>
>>66947728
The lore of Warcraft has gone to complete insanity since Cataclysm. I think it may even be technically steam punk trash now.
>>
Industrial Light and Magic was very excited when Warcraft came to them. After WETA changed the game with LOTR and Avatar CGI, ILM has been dying for their chance to take on an entire world of their own. It's their gauntlet, and they brought the A-Game to town.
>>
>>66948816
>MoP lore was bad

mhm
>>
>>66947728
Wasn't that from fucking Liefeld and Latino Review?
>>
>>66950738
Lore got fucked in BC m8

>ILLIDAN AND KT ARE TEH BAD GUYS NOWZ
>>
>>66950923
Yes, TBC lore was crap, but MoP lore was pretty damn good and it was the only "new lore" that we have gotten since WC3
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.