[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what did /v/ think of The Hateful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: The-Hateful-8.jpg (145 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
The-Hateful-8.jpg
145 KB, 620x350
Now that the dust has settled, what did /v/ think of The Hateful Eight?

I though it was alright, but not nearly as good as some of Tarantino's other films.

My order:
Jackie Brown > Django Unchained > Inglorious Bastards > Pulp Fiction > Kill Bill > Reservoir Dogs > Hateful Eight > Death Proof
>>
>>66944393
shit I meant /tv/ I'm a faggot
>>
>>66944393
your /v/ is showing in that list pleb
>>>/v/
>>
>>66944486
Haha and what would your list be?
>>
Why is nobody surprised that some crossposter from /v/ love's Django?
Is /v/ the biggest reddit cuck board?

Resevoir Dogs is better than Django in every way. Kill Bill below Inglorious Bastards? Retard detected
>>
>>66944393
>HELL YA I LOVE HOW THIS PROUD BLACK MAN IS KILLING ALL THE EVIL WHITES!
>I HATE MYSELF FOR BEING WHITE!
>HELL YA IM LOVING HOW THESE KIKES ARE GETTING THEIR REVENGE ON HITLER
>LOOK AT HITLERS FACE GET ALL SMASHED UP, IM GONNA GO TO THE KIKE OWNED MARKET AND BUY SOME LUBE TO MASTURBATE TO THE JEWS GETTING A VICTORY
>I WISH BLACK JEWS OWN ME AS A SLAVE, GOD I HATE BEING WHITE
o-okay..
>>
>>66944520
News flash, H8 is a pleb filter.
1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Hateful Eight
3. Jackie Brown
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Kill Bill
6. Inglorious Basterds
7. Death Proof
8. Django Unchained
>>
Holy shit
look at how his list is in order of the amount that they pander to the black community

Strong Black Woman Who Don't Need No Man: The Movie>Black Guy Murders Hundreds But Its Okay Cuz He's Black: The Movie>Sadism Is Justified If You're A Kike:The Movie>Isn't Samuel L Jackson The Coolest, I Wish He'd Fuck My Wife: The Movie>Great Film: The Movie>Masterpiece: The Movie>Pretty Damn Good Film: The Movie>Death Proof
>>
>>66944520
>haha
Pleaseeee go back to plebbit and take your self hate with you

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Kill Bill
3. Hateful Eight
4. Jackie Brown
5. Pulp Fiction
6. Inglorious Basterds
7. Death Proof
8. Django Unchained
>>
File: bait.png (26 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
26 KB, 527x409
True pleb? Or bait?
>>
>>66944393
This will be one of those films that are hailed and acclaimed long after release despite initial lukewarm reception, just you watch.
>>
>>66944393
>Hateful Eight
>There are 9 principal characters

It's a shitty rehash of Reservoir Dogs at best, though it has its moments.
>>
>>66944653

Not the fag you are talking to but here is mine.

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Hateful Eight
3. Jackie Brown
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Django Unchained
6. Kill Bill
7. Inglorious Basterds
8. Death Proof

Call my taste shit but is what I like.
>>
>>66945032
>>66944819
>>66944653
Notice how people with actual good taste mostly agree, and how they differ from OP's.
>>
1. Kill Bill
2. Inglourious Basterds
3. Death Proof
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Django Unchained
6. Reservoir Dogs
7. The Hateful Eight
8. Jackie Brown
>>
>>66945111
meant to flip the last two
>>
Reservoir Dogs might be his best work because it was actually a refreshing satirical black comedy and didn't just try to be an over-glamorized and nonsensical amalgamation of multiple different things. That's why I enjoyed The Hateful Eight, because it felt like Tarantino was going back to his roots instead of simply shoehorning as much zany bullshit as he can into the film. Granted, there were some occasional grating Pulp Fiction vibes in there, but for the most part it was a contained story that didn't parade around thematically.
>>
1. Hateful Eight
2. Kill Bill: Vol 1
3. Inglorious Basterds
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Kill Bill: Vol 2
6. Reservoir Dogs
7. Jackie Brown
8. Death Proof
9. Django Unchained

>Kill Bill is one movie!
Nah
>>
>>66945240
Fuck you. It obviously is, fag.
>>
File: 1447630745671.png (344 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1447630745671.png
344 KB, 681x496
>hateful eight
>nine characters, 10 including tatum
>>
>>66945255
OB and Tatum weren't h8ful, m8.
>>
>>66944544
What makes Kill Bill any good?
There are dozens of better kung-fu flicks out there with half the shitty dialogue.
>>
>>66945292
It's just fuckin good. The soundtrack, the story, the revenge, the everything.

All borrowed and put into a package greater than the individual parts.
>>
>Hateful Eight > Reservoir dogs > Pulp fiction > Kill Bill > Jackie Brown > Inglourious bastards > Django unchained.
Haven't seen Death proof
>>
File: tarantino.png (556 KB, 964x445) Image search: [Google]
tarantino.png
556 KB, 964x445
-it didn't need to be 3 fucking hours long
-tarantino's voice over disrupted the pace and ruined the experience
-chapter 4 is was unnecessary
-70mm was wasted since it all takes place in one fucking room

other than that the acting was pretty good, especially from jennifer leigh, and it was overall better than django
7/10
>>
What an utter waste of 70MM
>>
>>66945255
>Hateful ten, only 9 characters in cabin whole surprise gone

Do you even know how to kino?
>>
>Not having Pulp Fiction as 1

Stop trying so hard to fit in
>>
>>66945252
Part 1 is such a radically different style and tone from part 2, they may as well be different films.
>>
>>66945536
That's why the one film is so good, plen.
>>
I want this meme of Jackie Brown being Tarantino's best flick to end
>>
>>66945633
Same. It's so unremarkable. People claim to like it because it plays the least like a Tarantino flick.
>>
>>66945032
This is correct if you switch Kill Bill and Django
>>
>>66945663
its his best because its the least tarantino ish of all his films, its the only where you can watch it and not be reminded that its made by a fucking man child of a director
>>
>>66945663
It's still Tarantino, just not meme-Tarantino
>>
>>66945663
that is literally the best thing you can say about any of his movies, he is a meme of a director and the only thing that gives me hope about his films is that his fanbase is too braindead to actually try and make their own movies using his "influence"
>>
>>66946230
>calls a person a meme as an argument
>other people are braindead
>>
Why didn't Minnie get pissed a Mexican was in her store?
>>
>>66946390
that is a point
>>
>>66946331
>posting in a tarantino thread where people actually say kill bill is good
>implying you actually need an iq to like that shit
>>
>>66946484
I think you meant "if you like that shit, you don't have an IQ." You don't need much of an IQ to enjoy anything.
>>
>>66946527
if you have an iq higher than that of toast youd realize how much of a pandering 14 year old fantasy kill bill is
>>
>>66946586
Do you hate cake because it's sweet?
>>
do people actually like kill bill or are they just too afraid to grow up and admit its shit?
>>
File: hateful-eight-tv-spot.jpg (170 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
hateful-eight-tv-spot.jpg
170 KB, 970x545
I love Kurt Russel, I love Ennio Morricone, I love spaghetti westerns

One of my top 3 favorite movies is the Thing (which this movie clearly parodies, same themes, same lead actor, same composer)

But I just felt the movie was really really lackluster

It had decent scenes here and there, I thought the rape was hilarious, some good dialogue, but the narration killed it, too many filler scenes, too long, nothing much happened

One of his weakest films honestly, I probably wouldn't bother watching it again, let alone buying it

Major let down from Tarantino
>>
>>66946605
yep, but only when the cake isnt sweet but is actually formulated to pander to me in a sad attempt to make me think its sweet
>>
>>66946629
>I thought the rape was hilarious
>implying a black man can rape a white man

Found the misogynist. Men can't be raped and black's can't rape.
>>
File: betty page.jpg (57 KB, 432x587) Image search: [Google]
betty page.jpg
57 KB, 432x587
>good
Kill Bill 2, Pulp Fiction

>okay
Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill 1

>could have been a lot better but still watchable
Inglorious Bastards, Death Proof

>at least you tried
Jackie Brown, Django Unchained

>absolute shit
Hateful Eight
>>
>>66946777
Trips of truth.

This anon gets it.
>>
1.jackie brown
2. pulp fiction
3. does anyone actually like his other movies or are they just pretending to because he used to make actual films of merit before
>>
basically reservoir dogs meets django unchained.
the nigger character is not cast correctly, the mexican one seems misplaced, speaking spanish as they would in a 70s western while all other characters speak modern english literally hack-tier.
>>
>>66945285
By that definition neither were the Mexican the Englishman or the cowboy, they were just outlaws on a jov
>>
>>66946777
>>66946931
>(You)
>>
>>66944393

Jackie Brown > Django Unchained > Inglourious Basterds > Hateful Eight > Reservoir Dogs > Pulp Fiction > Kill Bill > Death Proof
>>
when the fuck are you guys going to stop forcing this whole "jackie brown is his best"- meme? You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>66948562
when people stop giving kill bill any good praise over it?
>>
>>66946629
The narration makes a lot more sense if you saw the 70mm version. There they actually had a 15 minute intermission after the rape scene.
>>
the only people who dont think jackie brown is his best are the ones who never actually saw it because it doesnt have any popular memes in it to make them feel cooler for watching it
>>
who /DINGUS/ here
>>
>>66944393
i liked it. for a movie with not much action the dialogue kept me intersted
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.