[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular Opinions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
>Inception sucked.
>Unsolved Mysteries (up to 2002) was the best television show ever.
>The Godfather sucked.
>Scarface sucked.
>Pulp Fiction was just okay.
>8 Heads In A Duffle Bag was great.
>Halloween 6 was not only the best Halloween, but the best horror movie ever.
>Halloween 1 (1978) was meh.

>Inb4 "more like pleb opinions."
>>
>>66937811
Stop trying so hard.
>>
>>66937811
>Unsolved Mysteries (up to 2002) was the best television show ever.

my man
>>
It's okay to enjoy things
>>
Halloween 6?

I know you're trolling but I hate you
>>
>>66937811
>>
>>66937811

I remember binge watching all of the Halloween movies when I was like 10. Even back then I knew the only good one was the original.

The fuck is your excuse?
>>
File: 1429524266693.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1429524266693.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>66937811
>Halloween 6
>better than anything
2/10 made me reply
>>
I liked Sense8.

Nomi is best girl.
>>
>>66938039
>II and III
>not good
>>
>>66937917
6 was best. The plot, although different, wasn't that bad. And what it lacked, it made up for in scariness, mask aesthetics, and general cinematography.

>>66937871
Right back at you. Based Robert Stack.
>>
>>66937811
i've started inception two times, and both times i stopped because i got bored.
>>
File: dh.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
dh.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>>66937811

>Halloween 6

Out of all the shitty Halloween's you couldn't even pick 4 or 5. Goddamn, fuck you.
>>
>>66937811
Halloween 1 was fucking trash. Haven't seen any of the others but you're probably right about most stuff if you're smart enough to see through the rose filter on Halloween 1.

I think Pulp Fiction is a good movie but massively overrated much like most of Tarantino's work. It's very appealing to teenagers because of the violence, eclectic performances, drug abuse and quoteable scenes, but it's not a bad movie. You just have to ignore anything the other place says about movies, ever.
>>
>>66938104
I had to fight to stick with it, about five minutes until the end, and I quit.
>>
>>66938092
The theatrical release of Halloween 6 was a mess. They tried to follow up on the Thorn Cult storyline that began in 4 but then the studio decided to cut pretty much all of that out, rendering the plot completely incoherent.
>>
>>66937811
>8 Heads In A Duffle Bag was great

Agreed, but there's maybe 10 people on this board that have seen it or even know of its existence.
>>
>>66937811

That's the standard /tv/ opinion, tho.
>>
>>66938146
See here >>66938092
Also, my second favorite Halloween is 4 or 5, I just can't decide which. I'd say 4, but my neutral friend watched both and said 4 sucked and wasn't scary but 5 was okay. So now I'm torn between the two. What's better, 4 or 5? Most would say 4, I think. I think it would have been cool if he kept the bandage mask on for the whole film.

>>66938154
Agreed m8.
>>
Any film beyond 2 hours is egotistical and unnecessary.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (9 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
9 KB, 200x267
"redditor with little self awareness tries to be edgy": the post.
>>
>the godfather sucked
Lol
>>
>>66937811
>Shutter Island is one of Scorceses best
>Chappie was actually ok
>FMJ's second half is pretty great
>>
>>66938245
OP here. I was actually going to include "FMJ's second half sucked but the first half was fantastic" in my post, but I figured I did enough damage.
>>
>>66937936
It's not really bait when the OP starts the thread by stating that he has unpopular opinions.
>>
>>66938295
But that would be a popular opinion. Most people agree that the second half isn't as good.
>>
>>66937811
Continuing with the horror movie stuff, I think NoES 3-5 are the best movies in the series. I like that they form a decent trilogy and establish most of the Freddy mythology.
>>
>>66938361
That's weird. Most people I've heard from like the second half the best. Maybe we're in a Bizarro-Jerry type situation.
>>
>>66938478
Really, the Vietnam stuff? Huh. I thought it was pretty common opinion that the boot camp section is far more memorable.
>>
>>66938542
I've heard that the first half is more funny but the second is "the movie" or "the meaning of a war movie."
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>post yfw this is the movie equivalent of saying the beatles are overrated

youre not impressing anyone with your mad edge, OP.
>>
>>66938727
That's interesting because I've always viewed the second half as the weaker aspect of the film and a partial failure on Kubrick's part. It just doesn't feel very fresh and is basically a collection of elements from previous movies about the Vietnam War.
>>
>>66938088

II is pretty bad, not to mention totally unnecessary, and it kind of shits on the original.

III is pretty good but it's definitely not on the same level as the original.
>>
>>66938807
Season of the Witch? It's awful. You may need to watch it again. I liked the concept of turning the Halloween series into an anthology series but it's not surprising that they decided against it after III.
>>
>>66938803
That's exactly how I feel. It feels like a generic war movie.
>>
>Inception did suck
>Interstellar, while flawed, is very enjoyable

>Malick has never made a bad film
>Revenge of the Sith has very good moments and is a ton of fun to watch
>The Revenant was inconsistent in its intentions and suffered due to IƱarritu's ego, but was largely enjoyable, and had some legitimately emotional moments (due probably mostly in part to the cinematography)
>>66938803
The second half is very plain and I really don't care for it. The first half is amazing.
>>
>>66938807
II is so much better than I. The thought of Michael Myers taking over a hospital while you're trapped inside rules.

III would be great if it wasn't titled Halloween.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.