[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't usually post when watching movies but holy fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: MockingjayPart1Poster3.jpg (72 KB, 280x425) Image search: [Google]
MockingjayPart1Poster3.jpg
72 KB, 280x425
I don't usually post when watching movies but holy fuck this Mockingjay Part 1 film might be the most boring shit ever filmed
>>
>>66936547
You have not seen boring until you've seen Black Ball
>>
File: 725.gif (762 KB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
725.gif
762 KB, 245x150
>tfw seen her butthole
>>
>>66936547
Thanks for the status update
>>
>>66936547

Yeah, it's garbage. The last one is hardly any better. I have no idea why I watched any of them really.
>>
After watching Part 2, Part 1 makes me mad. They stretched out so many scenes and added so much filler, yet basically gutted the second half of the story in Part 2.
>>
>>66936547
I only saw up to 2 and lost interest after.

I found 1 meh and 2 actually kinda decent. Is the rest worth watching?
>>
Mockingjay Part 2 is actually much better.
>>
>>66937424
>Is the rest worth watching?

No. Honestly, it's just a bunch of boring bullshit. If you want to know what the climax is, I'll tell you.
>>
>>66937424
Might as well finish it.

The main problem with the last 2 films is that Katniss doesn't really... do all that much in the last book that would be easily translated into the action they've created for the screen, and the film and book place different amounts of emphasis on certain characters, so they had to chop up, rearrange, and rewrite the story for the film version to fit into their style.
>>
>>66937454

No it isn't. Fuck off.
>>
>>66937552
Yes, it is. You fuck off.
>>
>>66936547
I thought it was fine, dat annoying cliffhanger tho.

Katnips is fine.
>>
>>66937574

No, it really is not. It's complete and utter garbage.
>>
>>66937454
Is the YIFY out yet?
>>
>>66937502
What's the climax? I'd watch it but I have important shitposting to do
>>
>>66937552
>>66937574
Don't fucking swear in this thread, what the hell.
>>
>>66937542

That and watching random unarmed people charge into gunfire was far more compelling. And the logging slaves. Also the soldiers that were put there to die so that bitch could have another reason to cry. I would have enjoyed a movie about some rebels fighting a war, but all I got was crying.
>>
>>66936547
>Mockingjay Part 1 film might be the most boring shit ever filmed
Wait till you see Mockingjay Part 2.
>>
>>66937787
Part 2 disarmed Katniss (and the story in general) even more than the book did. Which is odd because Part 1 gave Katniss more to do, since in the book she's more of a prop during that part of the story. In the book she murders a random Capitol citizen when the squad ends up climbing a utility ladder into her home and there was a lot more to their invasion of the Capitol. Way more pods to deal with including some that kill Capitol citizens, more gruesome fighting, the Tigress scene was longer, there's a lot more of Gale's hatred of the Capitol citizens, etc.
>>
Mockingjay part 1 was the straw that broke the camel's back. Before it came out, there were still a lot of people who said that most of the hate towards this series was misguided, and that the movies were actually pretty good. Well Mockingjay 1 was truthfully a really fucking bad movie and it pretty much made everyone who disliked the movies for being popular and young-adult genre confirm their assumption that whole series was just as bad as it was.

I enjoyed Hunger Games 1 and 2 myself, but I havent seen Mockingjay pt 2
>>
All I remember about this movie is most of it is spent in a fucking bunker with people talking to each other.

Maybe splitting this into two parts wasn't necessary
>>
Fuck I fell asleep.
>>
>>66936547
I feel sympathy for anyone that actually spent money to watch it, it felt like a waste of two hours tbf, literally nothing but katniss going around shootings videos and yelling.
>>
It's really bad. The whole saga, para ser sincero familia.
>>
>>66936547
It's funny how this series fell out of favor so badly. I think everyone saw through the attempt to pull a Harry Potter and split the last movie into two to grab more jewgold. Trouble is there wasn't nearly enough story to justify it and the stretching shows. Added to that you've got Philip Seymour Hoffman dying and JLaw being the focal point of the Fappening, so you're stuck with two bad movies starring a whore and a dead junkie.
>>
>>66939462
You haven't really read the last book to say that.
Actually I think most of haven't. Let me tell you something, the movies catching fire and mockingjay pt 2, were very fucking faithful to the books. One of the most faithfuls I've ever seen. Literally every dialog is ipsi literis, with quotations and all. Most scenes are translated exatcly as depicted in the books. Even the bad ones. And that's where the problem starts.
There are certain things that work for movies that doen't go well in literature and vice versa. Hunger games is a nice example on why fearless fidelity to the lore is not always the best option. I was a fan of hubger games simce tge first time I heard there was a book about a "till the last one standing" combat between teenagers in a florest. The book is not very well written, like, really not well written. Lit is used to shit on harry potter for being poorly written. Compared to hunger games, miss j k row is shakespeare. But still the story is nice and fine. Who doesn't like dystopias and revolutions after all. However...
The third book is complicated. Very complicated. All the problems you are describing about the movies actually comes from the books. Mockingjay is not about the war. Catnip participation in the war is minimal. She's just a promoter. She literally is just a model that shoots propagandas to inslire the remaining districts. That's all. When they take 2 down, and aim for the capital, her part in the game is fucking over. She could have spent the rest of the war locked in 13 and many less people wouldve died including prim. Her own stupidity to try to chsrge at snow by herself costs her teamates life and is useless in the end. She can't even reach the manor. That's why I say and those who read the book know it: mockingjay is not about war. It's about katniss struggle, psycological struggle, and her imminent madness in the end.
>>
>>66940681
. Yes, she basically got mad in the end. Spent 3 weeks locked in her room voluntarily starving to death and singing. It's a hard book to adapt because most if it is inside her head, and her despair of slowly realizing the damages of war, and how 13 and the rebell alliance is not very different from the capitol at all, specially near the end. The book is a meltdown in the series, it's a floppy conclusion but is somehow mature. The movie did the best possible to be faithful to it, but also making sense. If the movie had followed through everything in the book, you would hate it beyond measure. You would watch it like a blind person in a school shooting: what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>66940681
sounds like a downer ending
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.