[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pixels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
This was a lot better than I expected it to be. Still bad, obviously, but it had a certain charm to it.

I'm trying to think about how it could have been done better. Again, general concept is kinda fun, almost like a Vidya-themed Ghostbusters. The script was what really fucked this movie over. Action setpieces were really nice, but the threads tying them together are cliched and tired, and the movie falls apart as a result. If they'd just made it about 4 schmucks who's skills with video games as kids make them eligible to be saviors of Earth in a real life vidya war, it could have been half-decent.

Also, fuck talking Q*bert. Fuck that nigga.
>>
Its literrally a movie that sandler paid for the rights to a 10 minute short film. Google pixels short film and watch that instead. It has no dialog and is just all the vidwogame partz.
>>
>>66931883
I've seen the short film, and I really liked it. It really shouldn't have been made into a movie, but if it were it could have been made much better.
>>
>>66931167
Decent movie
I really liked the visuals though
>>
File: Jack and Jill.jpg (101 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
Jack and Jill.jpg
101 KB, 480x720
>>66931167
I believe Pixels is the first film Adam Sandler genuinely appeared tired of being his traditional Adam Sandler caricature.
>>
>>66931167

I thought it was alright...the whole dynamic with kevin james as president was beyond stupid however
if anyone expected it to be some masterpiece, they're an idiot
>>
>>66932781
Punch Drunk Love. Best Sandler movie imo.
>>
>>66931883
Also an entertaining 1/3 of a Futurama episode
>>
>>66933335
Honestly, having one of them be the President while the rest are down-on-their-luck is just really fucking stupid.
>>
>>66932781
Pretty sure that's Funny People, dude literally wants out but is tied to the pleb audience that made him.
>>
File: image.jpg (239 KB, 594x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239 KB, 594x426
>>66933766
>Yeah yeah, I'm happy to be here and all that.
>>
>>66934105
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhhmwtzk-5Y
>>
The first third is alright, then it just repeats it two more times and goes off the rails by the end.
>>
File: Tn-500_rexusa_1823640an.jpg (172 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Tn-500_rexusa_1823640an.jpg
172 KB, 400x600
>I spent the day on 4chan searching....

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>66934289
What the fuck
>>
>>66934640
The entire movie parodies Sandler's movies.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.