[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making of the Shining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: meeting-of-the-carpets.jpg (153 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
meeting-of-the-carpets.jpg
153 KB, 970x545
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkq12a_the-making-of-the-shining_shortfilms

Relevant to your interests.
>>
>>66926715

Contains:

>Nicholson brushing his teeth in a way I didn't know existed
>Kubrick typing and talking about how to shoot a scene
>actors rehearsing lines
>crew doing its work

I didn't know such a documentary existed: it's mostly Kubrick's teenage daughter filming thing as they were, like found footage.

It's fascinating. Worth your time.
>>
That's the same carpet from sid's house in Toy Story.

I always knew kubrick was a hack with no original ideas.
>>
Funny thing is this film gets analysed to dead and everything seems so intentional, but when you look this making off it's complete chaos.
>>
>>66926715

>each new version of the script is done in a new colour

I never knew this. This goddamn video taught me more things about film than 7 years of /tv/.
>>
>>66926852
>but when you look this making off it's complete chaos.

As with any movie, I surmise.
>>
Give this a bump if you're watching and want to discuss it later. Don't let the thread go down. It's not every day we see quality around these parts.
>>
>I want the director to be in full control so I can be out of control, otherwise every one of my roles would be predictably my own work

J. Nicholson

This video is filled with golden nuggets.
>>
>>66926715
>Le Stanley Kubrick's daughter has a crush for Jack Nicholson: The Documentary

watched like 10 years ago, if you watched it now you are fucking plebbos.
>>
>>66927140
>watched like 10 years ago, if you watched it now you are fucking plebbos.

Spoken like a true idiot. Get fucked.
>>
So did Kubrick piss off his actors on purpose?
>>
>>66927282

I don't know about other actors, but you can see in video that he is trolling Shelley.
>>
>>66927282

Yes.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (6 KB, 194x145) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
6 KB, 194x145
>>66926815
Lol and toy story was a rip off of UP
ITS THE SAME FRIGGIN BEAR
LIKE THE BEAR IN SHINING
HAHA
>>
File: 'babyhands' kubrick.png (1 MB, 1809x1266) Image search: [Google]
'babyhands' kubrick.png
1 MB, 1809x1266
I didn't know stanley kubrick had tiny hands
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.