[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
True Detective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: TrueDetectiveDVDCover[1].jpg (36 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
TrueDetectiveDVDCover[1].jpg
36 KB, 250x350
Just finished season 1, is it worth going past this point in the show? I'm really not looking forward to Cohle and Hart not being around anymore.

Also, the first half of season 1 was way better than the second half. The beginning of the season had so much mystery that it seemed it was going to lead up to something much bigger than what turned out to be. It was a bit of a letdown.
>>
pizza is a useless fucking hack

cary fukunaga is the only reason most of season 1 was good
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 560x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 560x706
No. Season two is just awful. Spread too thin over cookie cutter characters. Mcadams and Farrell are okay but kitch and Vaughan are the worst, Vaughan literally delivers every line like he's reading it off a TelePrompTer. Plus the story has none of the humor of the first season because there's no Marty to call the main characters out on their pseudo philosophical bullshit. Waste of time desu senpai.
>>
>>66920181
That's what I was afraid of. What did you think of season 1's plot?
>>
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 705x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 705x1024
>>66920261
Big fan of season 1, so I tend to overlook the shortcomings (the kinda cheap ending, the silliness of the writing etc.) because it's sold so well by the actors and the director. Loved the tone. The brooding tension, the love craft overtones and the characters. Marty and rust feel fleshed out in a way none of the new cast did - but I really feel that's down to the calibur of the actors and how closely they were involved in the making of process.
>>
Btw Fargo is much better than season 2. Watch that instead.
>>
>>66920474
Can confirm, season 2 is an insult to season 1.
>>
You are an idiot.
>>
>>66920554
How rude
>>
>>66920057
Season 2 is not as good, but it still is a lot better than the shit that is on tv.

You should have watched season 2 first desu senpai
>>
>>66920057
How did they do Woodys hair? Was it a wig?
>>
>>66920527
Ya, Fargo season 1 is great, 2 is ok. Is True Detective getting a third season? Jake Gyllenhaal could be good if he played it like Loki from prisoners
>>
season 2 is solid desu senpai
>>
Season two is big suck but worth a watch I guess. Don't expect greatness though.
>>
>>66920057
just stop now and pretend is only had a single season
>>
>>66922386
That's what I plan to do. Sigh. I really loved the duo, I wish there was more
>>
>>66922460
>I really loved the duo
honestly without them the show would have been shit. i'm 100% convinced it was only good because they had two amazing actors. throw any other two into the roles and it'd have been cancelled instantly
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.