[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he a good boss?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8
File: image.png (120 KB, 240x272) Image search: [Google]
image.png
120 KB, 240x272
Was he a good boss?
>>
I couldn't get into The Office. The SJW shit was just too much for me.

>all white people are crazy
>all black people are normal
>>
>>66918548
Stanely was actually a pretty terrible person and the show made sure to mention this a lot
>>
>>66918548
Dude Jim and Pam were normies exemplified. Stanly was not normal and Daryl was portrayed selfish as fuck beside his daughter
>>
>>66918548
The show was nothing like that at all, and Stanley was a fucking asshole. Fuck off back to stormblr.
>>
>>66918494
Yes because at the end of the day he had almost everybody's back and he got the bills paid.
>>
>>66918615

Another black employee got fired after 2 episodes for being a convicted felon
>>
For thou
>>
>>66918494
He cared too much
>>
File: 1408996184228.gif (1 MB, 297x168) Image search: [Google]
1408996184228.gif
1 MB, 297x168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3yinDcFABc
>>
he tried
>>
>it's a "michael still hasn't been fired somehow" episode
>>
>>66918663
This honestly. He had a great sales record within the company and had their biggest clients. In a deleted scene from the Golden Ticket episode he actually makes them realize how good they have it with him as a boss.
>>
He genuinely cared for his employees.
He produced good results from his branch.
And he was genuinely good at pitching, as exemplified when they do that whole episode where he spends an entire day or two not just plugging the customer, but slowly building trust and confidence before closing the huge deal.
>>
>>66918757
>And he was genuinely good at pitching, as exemplified when they do that whole episode where he spends an entire day or two not just plugging the customer, but slowly building trust and confidence before closing the huge deal.
And then he makes out with Jan afterwards. Big win short term.
>>
>>66918740
http://theoffice.tistory.com/entry/5x19-Golden-Ticket-Deleted-Scenes-Trivia
Skip to 4:40 if you can stand the Korean subs
>>
Its nice rewatching the show and besides the laughter seeing Michael fucking getting the good stuff.
he might be naive and dumb but he-s a hell of a salesman.
>>
>>66918664
He quit because the boss made a huge deal about him being a convicted criminal and wouldnt drop it.

The actual main black guy was an adulterer and only cared about money.

Try again.
>>
>>66918548
Seek help dude
>>
>>66918861
Fuck my roommate is watching the series for the first time and I can see clearly now. The rain is gone.
>>
>>66918861

>Maybe it'll be some guy who knows we don't actually need 3 accountants!
>>
Not in the slightest
>>
>>66919784
This was the realist shit Mike ever said
>>
File: shehassaidit.jpg (92 KB, 767x905) Image search: [Google]
shehassaidit.jpg
92 KB, 767x905
>>
>>66919784
That shouldn't have been a deleted scene desu
>>
File: the-office-diversity-day.jpg (116 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
the-office-diversity-day.jpg
116 KB, 400x400
>>66918494
most of the time
>>
>>66918548
Jesus Christ, fuck off back to /pol/, faggot.
>>
>>66918861
i LOVE scenes in fiction when a retarded character shows us how smart they really are. like when michael gives oscar the stupid as shit doll when he quits, and knows that its stupid but was just baiting Oscar.

Any other scenes with Michael like this?
>>
>>66918548
>all black people are normal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2SL83k3IFk
>>
>>66918740
>>66918861
The whole series prior to Michael leaving was absolutely littered with tidbits like this showing how much he really cared about the job and the people that worked there. As uncomfortable as it would be with him trying to be funny, he was a damn good boss when it came to him viewing all the workers as a family.
>>
>>66920855
One of my favorite scenes was when the office was complaining about working overtime and he subtlety says they should drop what they are doing and they don't need to worry about the branch closing putting into perspective the rest of the workers complaining about keeping their jobs.
>>
>>66920883
So Stanley is one of us?
>>
>>66920855
>>66921003
There was that dinner party episode where Michael tells everyone they have to work late, and then when he "convinces corporate" to let them out early, he immediately invites them over for a dinner party, knowing they have no excuses.
>>
>>66918494
In the early seasons of the show yes. I'm watching it right now and he's just an idiot and the show is about everybody in the office hooking up with each other.

I always think back to when he did something stupid and then looked out his office window to see all the employees talking togather about him. Then he talks about how by making them all angry at him, he actually made them team up and work better. That's the Michael I liked. He was almost smart and actually came off as a boss instead of the retard that he is now.
>>
>>66922967
I may be wrong he might still be a good boss
>>
>>66923202
he is. his workers on the other had, with the exception of a few, are dead weight
>>
>it's time for me to go to work at the....Office

Seriously?
>>
File: Andy-Bernard-e1318612354948.jpg (32 KB, 599x320) Image search: [Google]
Andy-Bernard-e1318612354948.jpg
32 KB, 599x320
>It's a "Andy gets cucked" episode.
>>
Watched Finale last night. It was ok. No Karen and no Jan, which was disappointing. Too much Andy.

>>66922659
>hey babe
>yes babe
>hey babe
>>
>Michael suddenly is a good boss
Fuck off, he's great at sales but is horrible at managing. Just like Jim
>>
You people ar efucking retarded.
Michael can't manage for shit. Every ep he does something that's just unnacceptable as a boss.
Huge waste of recourses, huge waste of time
>>
>>66924464
ru pa doo pa doo :^) hehehe
>>
>>66918494
The best boss. That's why Will Ferrell was such an asshole, so they could show what a real bad boss was.
Also: Best characters: Creed and Meredith
>>66918615
All Stanley wanted to do was punch his clock and retire to Florida so he could keep drinking.
>>66918626
Jim was one of those guys who "I was friends with everyone in high school, I didn't really have a clique" (read: popular) and Pam was a wallflower. They were made for each other.
>>66920928
The only person who cared more about DM was Dwight, but whereas Dwight approached it with his mind, Michael approached it with his heart.
>>66924464
I feel like he was written to show what Michael might have been like if he didn't move on. I hated Andy but his mid-life crisis stretched 2 seasons and really shook things up.
>>66924557
>No Karen
>No Jan
Jan showed up in an episode of the last season and desu that was too much for me. She was the real villain of the show. Never gave a shit about Karen Career Woman Fillipelli.
>>66925332
The people at the office were all a bunch of entitled prima donnas. Like if they didn't start that way, they ended up that way. At first it was only Angela, Dwight, Stanley, and Michael, but ended up being everyone in the office except MAYBE Phyllis, Kevin, Meredith, Plop, and Dwight Jr.
>>
>>66918494
I'd love to have a boss like Michael.

>doesn't care about corporate directives
>doesn't give you crap about your performance
>always in a good mood
>approachable
>just wants to be friends
>>
>>66918548
What the Fuck are you on about? You have no idea what the show is like.
>>
>>66920855
This one was of my favorite scenes.
>>
>>66918494

He tried too hard and got so far but in the end it doesn't even matter.

He had to fall to lose it all, in the end in doens't even matter.
>>
Reminder that he got away with it.
>>
>>66918548
it's the exact opposite. It's politically incorrect. The british version being more politically incorrect
>>
>>66928905
what did he do? i dont remember
>>
>>66928705
I TAWT I TAW A PUTTY TAT

I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID, I DID,
>>
>>66929076
He was the Scranton Strangler.
>>
What are some minor characters you like? I really enjoyed Meredith's son. Better than Boyhood, to be honest.

>>66929076
Not the other guy, but it's implied that Toby was the real Scranto Strangler. Remember, nobody survived an encounter with the real guy, while Toby only got a neckbrace.

>>66925944
I liked Jan's final appearance, but her synergy was so perfectly bizarre that I wish we would've gotten something like that for one more moment. The closest thing the show had to a villain were Gabe and mainly Andy brcause of how annoying and boring they were and how episodes were 70% about Andy near the end.
>>
>>66929229

More info on this? I didn't pick up on that at all throughout the show.
>>
>>66929311
Well he was so you better believe it.
>>
>>66929264
Gabe was the most underrated character on the show. The only redeeming feature of season 8.
>>
I hate jim and pam, I have seen enough

The more I watch this shit the more I feel like it's being forced down my throat
>>
>>66929924
Pam makes me so fucking hard that Jim is my avatar that I use to live through him. I pretend that I have a girlfriend
>>
File: David_Brent_111.jpg (20 KB, 399x290) Image search: [Google]
David_Brent_111.jpg
20 KB, 399x290
Was he a good boss?
>>
>>66929264
>Oh look! My son the entrepreneur!
>>
>>66930030
Pam is a she-cuck
>>
>>66930394
I bet you don't even know what that word means you neo-memer.
>>
>>66929229
>>66929264
hahaha holy shit how did i miss that
>>
>>66930515
cuck
>>
>>66918494
How long did he have a shit wage again?
>>
>>66926541
This to be honest, family.
>>66928818
>into thread
>Linkin Park starts playing
It ain't me, family
>>66928905
>>66929229
No he fucking wasn't. Toby was just a sad case like Michael, except he wasn't charismatic enough to be likeable. No way he was the strangler.
>>66929264
Toby survived because he visited the strangler in jail, where a guard was certainly in the room to stop the strangler. Though that guard probably hesitated for a second.
>>66929840
He's like a real goth from the 90s who never grew out of it.
>>66929924
They get insufferable after the wedding. I liked Plop and Erin better.
>>66930388
Best moment in the show. Creed and Meredith really shined in the finale.
>>
>>66931069
Season 5 or something.

Did he take all of Jan's savings (at least what they didn't spend on her candles)?
>>
File: 1449602590732.png (863 KB, 618x1972) Image search: [Google]
1449602590732.png
863 KB, 618x1972
>>66918494
>>
>>66931250
Make Pam Deviantart, make Erin Tumblr, and make Dwight Cripplechan and it will be perfect.
>>
How on earth did the Scranton branch become the most (and at times the only) profitable branch?

>3 full time accountants when only 2 is needed, one of which constantly makes mistakes
>Creed didn't even know what his job was
>paying someone for picking up the phone and pushing the star button
>Michael constantly wasting time, damaging goods and shit
>employees often does shit that cost the company a lot of money
>a temp that doesn't do shit for years
>a customer service rep who hardly ever does any customer servicing
>all this in a rapidly declining industry

So they have a few great sales people but that's not nearly enough to make up for all that waste
>>
>>66931250

Kelly is Twitter, Jim is Facebook
>>
>>66931632
Nah. Kelly is facebook. Jim is ESPN or something.
>>
>>66931250
Pam is etsy not tumblr
>>
>>66918494
he is a cartoon, I had a hard time believing that this person could actually exist
>>
>>66932066
Have you ever worked in an Office? He's slightly exaggerated/dramatized to be more entertaining, but he's not that outlandish.
>>
>>66931250
having this picture saved on your computer is very tumblr/reddit
>>
>The murder mystery episode where the branch could close
>Michael insisted they all play and Jim was uptight about the whole thing and told Michael that he needs to be worried too
>Michaels snaps and tells him the most imporant thing is to ease the minds of the employes so they won't go crazy
Michael is a pretty cool guy and a good boss because he'll always have your back no matter what
>>
>>66918548
Why do stormfags think they're allowed on /tv/
>>
>>66931250
>>66931632
>>66931648
Jim is obviously Bookface
>>
>>66932521
>he'll always have your back no matter what
yeah except when you're Toby or Devin or Meredith etc.
Michael is an awful boss in almost every aspect, /tv/ contrarians need to fuck off
>>
>>66933190
He liked Meredith I think.
>>
>During "Dinner Party" Michael admits he had a vasectomy, a reverse-vasectomy, and then another vasectomy
>in the Finale he's revealed to have a few biological children, all from Holly
did michael have four fucking vasectomies
>>
>>66930106
No
>>
>>66934207
> SNIP SNAP SNIP SNAP
>>
The funniest scene was when he gives Oscar this shitty little doll

His hysterical laughter afterwards is golden
>>
>>66935195
>babe I thought I told you to tidy up a little bit in here! shame on you!
>>
>>66918494
terrible boss. he constantly let everyones personal issues get in the way of work.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.