[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, why did this sucked so badly? It had everyone from the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: why.jpg (11 KB, 184x274) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
11 KB, 184x274
So, why did this sucked so badly? It had everyone from the first one. what happened?
>>
Lighting in a bottle. The first one was that.The others, by definition, cannot.
>>
It didn't suck. Have you even seen it? It's good, just not as good as the first one.
>>
>>66907626
Bill Murray didn't give a fuck, he only wears the GB gear for the last scene.

I still think its alright, there are enjoyable bit s in it.
>>
Some good stuff, but also derivative sequelitis. Not as concise or original, obviously.
>>
File: 1452282899189.jpg (31 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
1452282899189.jpg
31 KB, 500x360
>Ghostbusters 2 is bad!
When will this shit meme end?
>>
I liked Ghostbusters 2. The only issue is that it could've dealt more with the ancient gods, cults, and world ending stuff of the first one. While Vigo was a powerful sorcerer in life and death, he just can compare to Gozer.
>>
>>66907728
When the "the prequels were bad!" meme ends, fucking cunt faggot.
>>
If you want to know, just listen to red letter medias ghostbusters 2 commentary track.
>>
>>66907782
hate to be a shill but this.
>>
>>66907626
Lame villain.

Still some good stuff though. Cool new uniforms, slime-gun, court room scene, walking statue of liberty, louis ghostbuster, river of slime, almost as funny as the first movie
>>
>>66907682

Yeah, I literally just saw it, and it sucked beyond believe.

>>66907712

I noticed how Bill didn't get all dirty like the other guys did, I think he was in it just to kiss Sigourney and get paid
>>
>>66907827
also ghost train
>>
>le "new york people are bad" meme
>the fucking baby
>>
>Because of the wild popularity of Ghostbusters (1986) among children, Ivan Reitman, Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis made a conscious effort to tone down the adult innuendo and behaviors from the previous Os Caça-Fantasmas (1984) movie. Between the two films, all the Ghostbusters gave up smoking (except for a few scenes where Ray is seen with a cigar either in his hand or in his mouth), and the ghosts took on appearances closer to those in the animated series rather than the more frightening effects of the first film.

That's the why, fucking kids.
>>
>>66908070
>Os Caça-Fantasmas (1984) movie
>Os Caça-Fantasmas
>movie

implying
>>
>>66907930
They were though. They're still bad. But a different kind of bad now.
>>
File: bill-murray-3ZZdr9Ka.gif (560 KB, 180x260) Image search: [Google]
bill-murray-3ZZdr9Ka.gif
560 KB, 180x260
I remember still loving it as a kid seeing it in theaters, but also being disappointed even then as I noticed how much of a retread of the first film it was. Went with some friends from school and our parents. We still were quite happy with new Ghostbusters.

Meanwhile, this new movie isn't just a reboot. It's practically a damn remake. They could have taken the franchise anywhere, but instead they retread the old stuff while also not building on the history.

Of course, there are people who didn't like the first film. I remember being in line for a showing of some movie and was talking with an older guy about movies. He said he really never liked Ghostbusters. He was a huge fan of Murray and company. He loved Stripes and thought Ghostbusters was a real let down after that. I was too young to have seen Stripes or even Ghostbusters when it came out.
>>
Janine was better in 2.
>>
>>66907828
>I literally just saw it, and it sucked beyond believe.

Did it suck worse than your grammar?
>>
>>66909672
1. story was mostly a variation of the first movie, nothing new - they even reset NY to hating them again for no real reason.

2. Bill Murray phoned it in, his jokes were lame, he had to work around a shoehorned baby plot for the kiddies.

3. It was too dark and creepy, essentially a Dracula story, and at the same time way too safe and family friendly, sacrificing the entire tone of the film to do both.

4. Meandered all over the place, with Janozsh and Tully and Jeanine and even Winston pretending to have things to do but no jokes or real purpose.

5. Ending was garbage, the message about negative feelings was stupid, the idea of NY celebrating and then singing to beat the big bad despite seeing a giant fucking statue of liberty crush cars and shit, was dumb.

Other than that the film was kinda fun. Reminds me of Gremlins 2
>>
>>66907626
its too much of a safe retread of the first

Bill Murray clearly doesn't wanna be there

There is only one actual scene of the full team actually doing ghostbusters shit

Its
>>
File: dat marla.png (453 KB, 640x532) Image search: [Google]
dat marla.png
453 KB, 640x532
>>66910894
Good points, well said.

Joe Gremlins Dante directed tonight's Legends of Tomorrow FYI
>>
>>66907682
/thread
>>
>>66907775
kill yourself, faggot memer
>>
>>66911331
>Implying

Go eat a big juicy nigger cock, fucking faggot.
>>
The villain was defeated with the power of love.

its fucking horrible
>>
>>66907682
I rewatched it with the RLM commentary track and honestly most of my good memories of it were nostalgia. It's a pretty shit movie overall.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.