[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You're going crazy because of the Pym Particles >He
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: yellowjacket[1].png (1 MB, 1920x1036) Image search: [Google]
yellowjacket[1].png
1 MB, 1920x1036
>You're going crazy because of the Pym Particles
>He hasn't put on the suit yet

What?

No, really, what?
>>
>>66907270
expecting plots from comic books meant for children to make sense.

cartoon/capefags are no better than anime autists
>>
I think it was implied that he had been practicing with the suit since he first perfected the lamb shrink
>>
>>66907270

He's been working with them for years.
>>
>>66907350
Yeah, and even then he was still an evil sonofabitch (bathroom gooification)
>>
Years of trying and failing to mimick Pym's formula and being exposed to unstable particles.
>>
>>66907343
Children don't read comic books and haven't since the nineties, grandpa. It's an industry completely propped up by collectors and nostalgiafags.
>>
What even are Pym particles?
>>
>>66907427
In the comics pym particles are whatever the fuck the writer wants them to be. Generally they involve stuff changing size but the exact mechanics of it has changed about 50 times.
>>
>>66907426
hmm never thought of this before

the only kids that read comics nowadays are the ones with manchildren as parents that force their kids to dress up at cons
>>
The lasers on 'Yellowjacket' was impressive enough to make the money he wanted, not sure why he was so insistent on the size reduction (which seemed to make the lasers weaker)
>>
>>66907343
You're on a chinese moving pictures board, how can you try and act superior by talking like that?

Also, apparently yes, the plot is still too hard for some people, since you and anon didn't understand the Big Bad Guy was training with the suit for a long time.
>>
File: 1426632352785 (2).jpg (11 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1426632352785 (2).jpg
11 KB, 480x480
>pym particles shrink the space between atoms
>ant-man somehow shrinks between atoms
>>
>>66907490

Most recent (relevant) explanation has them as a complex modifier to existing matter. Influencing Pym particles can change size, density, and mass of an object independent of or alongside the other variables.

Vision walking through walls is as much an effect of Pym particles as ant-man shrinking.
>>
>>66909053
If you shrank between atoms to the quark level, you would only prove something even smaller existed
>>
>>66908640
Capeshitter here. You sometimes get a lot of kids on free comic book day, but otherwise, it's just a dungeon filled with overweight failures. Teenagers like to play boardgames and figurines in the back though.
>>
>>66907270

Cross had obviously worn the suit himself behind the scenes. His Yellowjacket's helment lacked the protection Hank's suit had when shrinking so his brain became addled.

Not to mention he was already resorting to intimidation and murder to sell technology to modern day Nazis.

People make out Cross was the victim in this movie as his life's work is taken from him. But Cross did plenty wrong in this movie without the business relations with fucking Nazis.
>>
>>66909096
I don't understand what you're saying.
Quarks are the smallest thing we know of, yeah.
And of course they're made of something, yeah.
This doesn't mean that the Pym particles from the movie could shrink you that small.

Eventually you would reach 100% density and would be unable to shrink further.
You wouldn't even be small enough to see the atoms that make you up; so the idea that he can shrink past not only atoms but existence itself is preposterous.
>>
>>66909263
He even shrank that far in the movie didnt he? when he began 'shrinking forever'
>>
>>66909371
Yeah, he did.
And it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>66909402
oh good, for a while i thought i was trippin
>>
>>66908849
The motherfucker had it made, but he was obsessed with the idea of surpassing his mentor, and squeezing the truth out of Pym. He knew the tall tales of the Ant-Man were true, but Hank would never admit it to him, and it drove him crazy over it, especially considering the big ego he had on him, to not be trusted enough with Hank's secret completely clashed with what he wanted for himself, which just fueled that psycho train the motherfucker was riding due to over-exposure to the Yellowjacket particles.
>>
>>66907426
> children don't read comic books
I've seen 10 year olds reading walking dead
>>
>>66907270
Anyone else rather enjoy this flick?

I recently just watched it for the first time and enjoyed it more than AOU, IM3, Thor 2, GOTG. I know those first three ain't hard.

But I was expecting LE QUIPS constantly. but there wasnt, and all the "funny parts" flowed well. Him going small was great and the ants were 2cutetbh.

Really enjoyed it. Glad he's in Civil War and has a sequel coming.
>>
>>66909263
>quarks are the smallest thing we know of
>>
>>66909402
No it wasn't.
>>
>>66909165
He fucking shot Hank and Antony. He fucking deserved everything he got.
>>
>>66909402
It was pretty cool desu
>>
File: 13.jpg (17 KB, 340x250) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
17 KB, 340x250
>>66909053
Pym particles don't shrink the space between atoms, it shrinks the empty space between the core and the electrons. I'm assuming that that post about not being able to see atoms is also yours, but you misunderstand how this works. Atoms are ~99% empty space, you would definitely be able to shrink small enough to see atoms. It all falls apart at the whole quark business though, I think.

But get it right, you.
>>
>>66910859
Absolutely loved it. So far my favorite Marvel movies had been Iron Man 1, and GotG, and honestly, I'd now put Ant-Man up there with them. It was such a fun-time sort of movie, and I'm pretty happy with how Hank-centric the whole thing turned out to be, with Scott being the main character, but not the character the whole thing sort of revolved around. It was great.
>>
friendly reminder: Hank Pym is strong enough to hold a tank
>>
>>66910859
I liked it, the bits with his dumb mexican friend were annoying though. I don't know what demographic they were appealing to but it really brought the film down for me. Otherwise it had; good villain, good jokes and fun fight scenes.

Hank origin film when?
>>
>>66911277
man that part was so kickass
>>
>>66911302
>I don't know what demographic
Americans?
One Punch Man is the mexican friend that went to jail.
>>
>>66911277
Shit gets lighter when it shrinks, that's why they could stand on a toy train and fly on ants.
>>
He was using them but not using a suit for protection. Its poorly thought out but thats the reasoning.
>>
>>66911302
He's a thief with thief friends. One of them has to be a wise cracking Mexican.
>>
>>66910774
Funny off topic here, but there were 5+ year olds in the theater when I saw deadpool who laughed loud as FUCK at the pegging scene.

Do kids that young really know what strapon fucking is these days?
>>
>>66911302
>Hank origin film

I honestly want a third season of Agent Carter where shes a little older and works with Hank as Ant-man.
>>
>>66911700
Deadpool is 18+, though
>>
>>66907372
thread should have ended here
>>
>>66911800
Pretty much guessing they were there with their parents.
>>
>>66911490
>>66911277
How does this make any sense?

You're shrinking the distance between atoms.

This means you still have the same mass.

That's why they can "punch" with the same strength when shrunken down.

Remember when that dude fell through the drain and broke floorboards? And when he dented the taxi when he flew out the window? Because all that mass was concentrated at a single point.

How can they stand on a model train?
>>
>>66907270
iron spider-man costume should be look like OP's pic
>>
>>66912024
It's Pym Particles I don't have to explain
>>
>>66912024
>abloo bloo bloo why doesn't this childrens film have consistency?

Literally who cares, the movie uses pym particles as an excuse for cool action scenes. You're thinking too deep into a movie that's purely visuals and comedic lines
>>
>>66911490
BAKA TBQH
t. Black holes
>>
>>66907343
Well Man of Steel is capekino according to Armond White
>>
File: ant man art scene.webm (3 MB, 1280x690) Image search: [Google]
ant man art scene.webm
3 MB, 1280x690
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.