[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rewarding the Matrix. This is like a German persons idea of what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 290x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 290x401
Rewarding the Matrix. This is like a German persons idea of what an American teenager would think was cool
>>
Translation?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 600x400
>>66891501
>>
File: 1453537892714.gif (498 KB, 262x200) Image search: [Google]
1453537892714.gif
498 KB, 262x200
>>66891468
>implying it wasn't cool
>implying they weren't cool
>mfw I have a ratty sweater & $180.00 Alexander McQueen sunglasses because of this movie
>mfw i'm still looking for a knockoff Dolce&Gabbana crocodile 3/4 length trench coat for less than $15,000
>>
>>66891708
Germans are cool
>>
@66891468
How do you reward a kino?
>>
>>66891468
The Matrix is the coolest film ever made and that's a fact.
>>
>>66891840
Okay Hans
>>
>>66891708
>chinks will make clamshell smartphones FFS, but even they won't make them with snap down transmitters
I just want to be cool. Like Apoc and Switch.
>>
[Spoiler/] There is no spoon [/spoiler]
>>
>>66891468
but I did think it was cool

soooo....
>>
>>66892027

[Spoiler/] You are not the Chosen One
>>
>>66891468
>This is like a German persons idea of what an American teenager would think was cool
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>66892915

He meant that the Wachowski sisters, being German women as they clearly are, designed the aesthetic of the movie around what they thought American teenagers would look cool, which is why Neo wears his baseball cap backwards and Morpheus was played by NWA.
>>
>>66891468
>This is like a German persons idea of what an American teenager would think was cool

only the "super cool techno" scenes. Eurotrashy as fuck, but the rest of the movie is still pretty cool even if its very 90s
>>
>>66893072
>Wachowski sisters
Too soon kiddo
>>
>>66893123
Sunglasses all the time
Leather bondage gear
Computers
Guns
Kung fu

It's all cool just a very "German" version of cool
>>
>>66891468

The matrix is great you fuck
>>
>>66891468

Nah, the first Matrix is bretty gud mate.

The sequels are both shit. That car chase in the second one is still one of the better action scenes ever though.
>>
They took infuences from many books, and movies such as ghost in the shell.
>>
>>66894720
>That car chase in the second one is still one of the better action scenes ever though
i thought it was boring
>>
>>66891468
It's about what two weeb gay jewish brothers though was cool in the late 90s.
>>
I reccomend it highly.
>>
It's like when Japan tries to do something American, it's close but always kinda wrong.
(Ex: molten lava Jesus from battle of the planets)

The Matrix is like that. A German's idea of America
>>
File: Equilibrium Gun Kata.webm (935 KB, 640x270) Image search: [Google]
Equilibrium Gun Kata.webm
935 KB, 640x270
>>66891468

The Matrix was cool as fuck when it was released. It still is.

This is a German's idea of an American's idea of what is cool.
>>
>>66895344

This was awesome, but the guards just stand there and let him shoot them. They should of actually tried to take aim at him, would have looked a lot better.
>>
neo was in the matrix the whole time
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.