[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chinese Theaters Face Scrutiny Over ‘Ghost Screenings’
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
>The State Administration for Press Publication Radio Film and Television said this week that it was investigating the box office takings of “Ip Man 3,” which scored over $70 million at the weekend amid. The distributor has been accused of bulk buying of tickets to the film, while Chinese media have reported ‘ghost screenings’ of the film with abnormally high ticket prices at unusual times of day. SAPPRFT said that it has asked cinemas and online ticketing services for information.
>Though now under scrutiny, insiders say bulk buying has been an under-the-radar practice by Chinese companies to get a leg up in a market which in February reached $1.05 billion, overtaking North American ticket sales by almost $250 million for the month
>If cheating is revealed, it would not be the first time that distributors have been caught massaging the figures. Last year one of the distributors of record breaker “Monster Hunt” was forced to apologize after bulk buying. Other well-known scams include hand writing film titles over a ticket issued in the name of a film being illicitly promoted, and bundling refreshments as part of the ticket price.
http://variety.com/2016/film/asia/china-to-introduce-film-law-1201726912/

This is the place where Hollywood goes to get their money back for shitty films. Industry collapse when?
>>
Why dont china like Patrick Swayze? is being the Swayze a crime in the chinese islands? jesus christ
>>
File: 1456305775746s.jpg (2 KB, 107x124) Image search: [Google]
1456305775746s.jpg
2 KB, 107x124
>>66889470

ok but for what purpose
>>
>>66889491
If they sell more tickets they get more promotion apparently.
>>
>>66889470
Wait, what does this mean? They were selling tickets to ghosts and screening movies at the graveyard?

Pretty genius, it's a totally untapped market
>>
I'm really fucking confused, are chinese theaters considered sentient and must obey human law?
>>
Do ghosts have tobuy tickets for movies? How do they get the money? Every ghost I've ever heard about is a pretty lazy shit.
>>
File: Ghost Slide Title-Card.jpg (18 KB, 320x208) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Slide Title-Card.jpg
18 KB, 320x208
>‘Ghost Screenings’

Fucking awesome.

Can I go to one?
Will they be playing "Ghost Slide: The Movie"?
>>
>>66889552
Also they can artificially bump up the revenue by selling massively overpriced ticket to themselves.
>>
>>66889491
im guessing its probably something to do with government subsidy based on revenue?
>>
>buying your own movie's tickets

How does that give you a leg up on the market?

>hurr this movie grossed this much money
>>
File: soundless slut.webm (1 MB, 960x1080) Image search: [Google]
soundless slut.webm
1 MB, 960x1080
So when you see some chink movie making $1.2 billion it's really just people flubbing the numbers to get attention? Top kek
>>
>>66889470

Does this mean Genisys did even worse?
>>
>>66889470
theaters collapse when?

just make a fucking movie then release it online and charge a ticket
>>
Wow. Leave ghosts alone. Even they deserve to watch shitty movies.
>>
china has been doing this for years. whenever you go to see an hollywood flick, they'll hand you a ticket for whatever chinese film they are told to sell. then they just let you in to the hollywood film.
>>
>>66890737
this is the future
>>
>>66889470
>>66889491
>>66889938
It's mostly Chinese movies which are concerned by this, not Western ones
>>
File: batman vs. spiderman.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
batman vs. spiderman.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>66893250
but if they "sell" tickets for some ching chong movie but let people into see the latest capshit all of the money is going elsewhere
>>
>>66889470
these are local china movies, not the hollywood exports.
>>
question is: who is gonna get executed for this? I hope it's not Donnie Yen
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.