[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if he made a horror movie? Would it save the genre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 1000x809) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 1000x809
What if he made a horror movie? Would it save the genre?
>>
He kind of did it with From Dusk Til Dawn (with Robert Rodriguez)

I wish he'd stop making historical pieces
>>
Well, he's ruined what people think of "westerns" so he'll probably ruin horror too.

If he just wrote the script and let someone else direct, you could have a masterpiece.
>>
What would a foot fetishist be afraid of?
>>
probably just be some giallo homage
>>
>>66879288
>What if he made a horror movie?
He already directed one dum dum, or at least the closest he'll ever get to doing one.
>>
>>66879324
What?
Can you name people who has said this?
>>
>>66879288
Scorched Tongue: The Murder of a Cameraman Outside of a Starbucks.
>>
>>66879288
>would it save the genre

>implying it needs saving
>>
>>66879524
You're a legitimate retard if you don't think the past decade and a half have been utter garbage.
>>
>>66879347
mycosis
>>
File: Lake_Mungo_Official_Poster[1].jpg (117 KB, 525x755) Image search: [Google]
Lake_Mungo_Official_Poster[1].jpg
117 KB, 525x755
>>66879557
Hard to take you seriously when you're a retard who thinks a good horror movie hasn't been made in the last decade.
>>
>>66879288
>save the genre
From what?
>>
>>66879557
le things were better in the past meme
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 196x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 196x300
>>66879878
>thinks a good horror movie hasn't been made in the last decade
You're projecting real hard their. Look at my post and tell me where I stated this. In fact, you have proved my point that you're legitimately retarded.
>Also a tripfag
End your life gayblade. No one gives a shit about your trip faggot.
>>
do you really want to watch a horror movie where the director lectures you with longwinded monologues that he clearly thinks are genius?
>>
>>66880096
>le
>meme
>>
>>66880059
Being awful
>>
>>66880105
>posts The Projected Man

Lol, get the fuck out of here you pretentious hipster, holy shit.

>In fact, you have proved my point that you're legitimately retarded.

>if you don't think the past decade and a half have been utter garbage

Right, guess I just imagined you saying that.

Dipshit.

>end your life

Coming from a pretentious hipster so mercilessly angry that he's a failure and needs to make up for it with his "kino" film choice, I find that an ironic comment to make.

Please, take your own advice. I'm sure your parents will be much happier with the outcome.
>>
Why do people shill for Tarantino so much?

His movies stop being interesting after the ripe old age of 12.
>>
>>66879347
Foot fungus, Toejam, closed toe high heels.
>>
>>66880195
What the fuck are you talking about? There's been at least one good horror movie released every year for a while. At what golden age of history did the genre ever support more than that?
>>
>>66879347
Krystin ritter
>>
>>66879449

Yeah, me. His attempts at progressing the "western" genre, he's filled it with modern obnoxious self-righteous heroes instead of stoical anti-heroes.
>>
>>66880243
Webbed feet?
>>
>>66880207
Have you ever heard of the expression "A needle in a haystack"? I NEVER stated that their hasn't been a good horror movie in the last decade, IN GENERAL it has been a shit time period for the genre. There were a few good movies in a shit period.
>Projected Man
>Pretentious, Kino, Hipster
What in the blue hell are you rambling about ? The poster obviously correlates with you projecting so hard. Holy shit, seriously end it all.
>>
>>66880366
Did you watch Hateful Eight? I'd say that had at least two anti-heroes. John Ruth was kind of racist at one part and Warren killed a guy just because he was racist.
>>
>>66880274
70's and 80's were great time periods of horror.
>>
>>66880340

kek'd
>>
>>66880384
I have an infatuation with a girl with webbed toes. No big deal. I don't care about feet though.
>>
>>66880366
Understandable. But wouldn't go as far as saying it's ruined solely by him.
>>
>>66880415
>The poster obviously correlates with you projecting so hard. Holy shit, seriously end it all.

Sorry, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and instead went along with the idea you were trying to add something to the conversation, not be a low IQ reee spouting meme'er.

You're actually less of a human than I thought you were. Thanks for stressing that.

>Have you ever heard of the expression "A needle in a haystack"?

>needle in a haystack
>genre needs to be saved

>say that it doesn't need to be saved
>been at least a couple great horror movies each year

You really are a retard who's desperately trying to correct his stupefyingly inbred post. It's okay, this is 4chan, you're not graded on your posts.
>>
>>66880553
>Says it doesn't needed to be saved
Holy shit. You have to be shitposting or just really awful at grasping what the other is arguing. Since according to you there has been plentiful amount of great horror movies name them all from the past decade.
>>
>>66879288
Hateful Eight was essentially a horror movie.

It was a mixture between Scream, Tales From The Crypt, and The Good The Bad and The Ugly.
>>
>>66880553
>orry, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and instead went along with the idea you were trying to add something to the conversation, not be a low IQ reee spouting meme'er.
Holy shit, for the 40th time, what are you rambling about?
>>
>>66880429

No, I haven't. But Inglourious Basterds had a great anti-hero too in Christoph Waltz. But then it's ruined by the cartoonish Brad Pitt (and Eli Roth) characters. And Django's Leo DiCaprio (which wasn't a great character) was "balanced" by Jamie Foxx's obnoxious protagonist.

He's called both of these films his attempts at "westerns." And, IMHO, he's failed.
>>
>>66880366

>modern obnoxious self-righteous heroes
>angry ruthless amoral murderers

Did you actually see either of those movies? They're definitely not above criticism, but your particular criticism is way off the mark
>>
>>66880856
I think you should definitely checkout H8tful. I was kind of surprised how there wasn't a "pure" character to root for.
>>
File: 1384176286165.png (56 KB, 211x214) Image search: [Google]
1384176286165.png
56 KB, 211x214
Is there a Tarantino movie without interracial or mention of black cocks? I know this guy is traumatized because he talks about hearing his mom taking black cock when he was a child, but all his movies revolve around niggers. Hateful Eight even had his self-insert sucking a black cock.
>>
Death Proof was a horror movie.
>>
>>66882322
He just idolizes Martin Scorsese, who egregiously shits on niggers in every single one of his movies and is widely regarded as the greatest living director and perhaps the greatest director of all time. He thinks mentioning niggers is an essential component to a great film, and I'm not certain he isn't 100% correct.
>>
>>66882399
As in Horrible
>>
I want him to make a sci fi, I don't know how would that work though
>>
>>66879288
It'd be okay but it'd be like Reddit. Yeah sure you get a horror movie but it's all pussified and other buzzwords.
>>
He actually said in an interview that he always wanted to make a supernatural horror movie. Like poltergeist or the exorcism. But only if he "had time", whatever the fuck that means
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.