[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the better submarine films? It's universally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: BootPeriscoop.jpg (34 KB, 690x400) Image search: [Google]
BootPeriscoop.jpg
34 KB, 690x400
What are some of the better submarine films? It's universally accepted that 'Das Boot' is the best, but what are some of the other good movies from the genre?
>>
>>66861683
Hunt for red october
>>
Hunt for red october

Apart from that I believe the only thing you can do is play Silent hunter
>>
Strange they never made a ww1 submarine movie those guys were hammering the shit out of cargo ships
>>
>>66861758
Oh there's also that piece of shit about stealing Enigma
>>
>>66861700
Came here to say this. Sean Connery is godlike.

Also
> K 19 The Widowmaker
> Crimson Tide
>>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440292/
>>
File: big__Das-Boot-Review03.jpg (182 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
big__Das-Boot-Review03.jpg
182 KB, 800x600
>>66861683
>yfw only 1/4 of the sailors who went on U-Boats survived the war
>>
>>66861683
Crimson Tide is a good thriller, and Down Periscope is a funny take on sub movies.
>>
>>66861683
Down Periscope is a solid submarine film and also a good comedy. And it has less bullshit that the Hunt for Red October, let's be honest.
>>
>>66861683
Run Silent, Run Deep
Hunt for Red October
Das Boot

The holy trinity of sub movies.
>>
>>66861790
Must be pretty dreadful to be in one of those primitive tin cans. Or being on the cargo ships knowing that there is a submarine out there and there is no way you can harm him while he can harm you.
>>
>nobody mentions The Enemy Below

Plebs and landsmen all alike.
>>
File: crimsontide.jpg (128 KB, 576x754) Image search: [Google]
crimsontide.jpg
128 KB, 576x754
crimson tide is so fucking underrated it legitimately pisses me off
>>
U-571 is great
>>
>>66861883
Well i can imagine being a cargo ship in wartime means everything can harm you and you cant do jack shit
>>
Das letzte U-Boot (1993)
U47 - Kapitänleutnant Prien (1958)
Murphy's War (1971)
Hostile Waters (1997)
Morning Departure (1950)
Gray Lady Down (1978)
Morituri (1965)
Run Silent Run Deep (1958)
>>
>>66861683
If you want submarine vs submarine action, start with Hunt for the Red October.

If you want drama inside a submarine, definitely Crimson Tide.
>>
>>66864056
It would be a great movie except for all the race bating, which the navy really doesn't see.
>>
>>66864056
is this the one about the nuke and the failed communications system
>>
>>66864877
And the captain and the XO arguing if horses are white or black.
>>
>>66864081
U-571 is amazing. Great cast, great claustrophobia, great drama, and great Mcconaughey before he realized he could try
>>
>>66864849
>race bating

I don't recall none of that.
>>
>>66865141
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaoLwLSYAi8

This bit
>>
On The Beach. Australian film from the 60s set shortly after the entire northern hemisphere has knocked itself out in nuclear war - there's a cloud of fallout working its way southwards and the Australians know they only have a few months to live. Most of it takes place on a submarine sent to explore in the north. Pretty creepy. Avoid the shitty remake.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.