[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the most fedora movie ever made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: v-for-vendetta-poster-21[1].jpg (306 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
v-for-vendetta-poster-21[1].jpg
306 KB, 1000x1500
Is this the most fedora movie ever made?
>>
>>66860083
it was written by two men who are now women so it transcends fedora
>>
File: 02.jpg (52 KB, 415x599) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
52 KB, 415x599
>>66860083
No, but this is.
>>
>>66860083
V for Vendetta arguably started (or at least largely contributed) to "fedora" as a measurable trend, so yes.

>>66860129
Favored by fedoras, but made much too early to be considered a true progenitor or contributor.
>>
>>66860129
Its favoured by the OG fedora tippers but the content of the movie isnt really fedora tipping in nature.

V for Vendetta takes the cake, it scores every box for happy hat men
>>
>>66860083
Can someone explain fedora to me? I feel like a real shit for asking.
>>
Nah it was just made as a comic by an old bitter liberal which then got turned into a movie by two harder liberals. The Wachowski trans brigade notably added stuff like the black masking to mimic the Bush administration.
>>
File: 1444846033272.gif (3 MB, 390x215) Image search: [Google]
1444846033272.gif
3 MB, 390x215
>>66860278
>>
It became the Bible to so called "fedoras" but Alan Moore has called them all out for being moronic and missing the message of the movie
>>
>>66860278
A shit meme created by a shit online community to shit on opinions they don't like.

The paradox is that anyone on this site feels they can look down on anyone else
>>
>>66860278
Edgy contrarian, likely militant atheist
>>
File: curtain.gif (251 KB, 560x739) Image search: [Google]
curtain.gif
251 KB, 560x739
I liked the scene where she got her head shaved and cried.
>>
>>66860350
>old bitter liberals making a book/movie about totalitarian governments overstepping the bounds of their power and human rights
Is it some sort of pottery I'm not getting?
>>
>>66860278
like the faux-class, self proclaimed intellectionalist usually rooted from their self admitted atheism.
>>
>>66860414
>lol people can actually have opinions here! It's so paradoxical!
*tips menorah*
>>
the movie itself =/= a message
just because someone is speaking doesn't mean they are talking to you, faggot
>>
>>66860460
You're not good at comprehension huh?
Nice try though
>>
lulz I totally get what fedora is now
>>
>>66860507
No, I comprehended your post just fine.

It's some meme created by the one person who is named 4chan to look down on other online communities who are also just one person and it's a crazy paradox when that 4chan guy uses the meme to look down on some of his other opinions. Since 4chan is a single guy and stuff.

*le tip*
>>
>>66860377
>that gif
Every fucking time.
You JUST know he thought that shit looked cool as fuck.
>>
>>66860692
You're reaching there champ. It's okay to not understand, but pushing that meme is pretty important to you. A fine example of the original point I was trying to make.
> I don't like anon's opinion
> better interperate how I chose
> *tip*
>>
>>66860939
Where's the paradox here?
>>
>>66860939
>champ

Give up
>>
>>66861016
> lack of comprehension
> argues imaginary point
> meme pushing
> I'm so good at what I do!

Honestly it's almost every meme on here. Cuck, SJW, jew and all that. Anon's interperate things wrong then argue against themselves yet hold this strange feeling of superiority. It's amusing honestly, someone asked for an explanation and I gave one. Then came the meme pushing arguments, which is my point.
>>
>>66861087
> I don't like one word
> I win the argument

You did it!
>>
>>66861215
Yeah that's all good and whatever, nice opinion.

>The paradox is that anyone on this site feels they can look down on anyone else
Where's the paradox in looking down at someone's opinion if they think it's shit?
>>
>>66861355
This site is literally described as the asshole of the Internet, it's full of shit, you can't deny that. Think of it like a pot calling the kettle black. Like I mentioned I'm not criticizing, just helping another anon understand. Apparently people here don't like being analyzed
>>
>>66860083
Wasn't this one of the main movies to start the whole 'fedora-core' thing?
>>
>>66860083
I like the Hershlag ass and pantyshot. I like Hershlag.

That's about it.
>>
>>66861470
I'm the same faggot you've been talking to this entire time, except that >champ guy.

Where's the paradox in the fedora meme being created on 4chan to criticize opinions and me feeling like I can look down on other people's opinion? Better yet, how does that even correlate?
>>
>>66860278

The idea of "fedora" as a general insult is that the person does something as an attempt to appear classier, more cultured or intellectual but it only having the opposite effect, without that person even realizing it.

Pic related,.
>>
File: poor little jew girl.webm (2 MB, 1600x667) Image search: [Google]
poor little jew girl.webm
2 MB, 1600x667
>>66861608
Me too.
>>
>>66861612
Shitty opinions criticizing shitty opinions for being shitty opinions. It's self-contradictory, the whole site is, but in a funny way
>>
I hate this movie so fucking much.
>>
>>66861978
>shitty opinions
But that's just like, your opinion, man.

Having opinions and disagreeing with others is how discourse happens. I don't see how a meme created on this site to criticize opinions, and this site being filled to the brim with opinions and people disagreeing is in any way a paradox.

In fact, it would be kinda weird if said meme about criticizing opinion wasn't made on this site where opinions are held and criticized constantly.
>>
File: 200px-Theskinilivein-poster.png (96 KB, 200x289) Image search: [Google]
200px-Theskinilivein-poster.png
96 KB, 200x289
>>66860083
>>
>>66862136
Good point faggot. We'll have to agree to disagree there but I hear you
>>
>>66860083
that's not Inception
>>
>>66862241
You could just agree that you misused the word "paradox", which caused me to reply in the first place, kicking off this whole chain of replies spanning an hour.
>>
>>66862192
You just posted a random movie, didn't you?
>>
File: joker.png (380 KB, 620x419) Image search: [Google]
joker.png
380 KB, 620x419
Is this the most fedora character ever made?
>>
I thought it was a pretty fun action/thriller, some neat ideas and it was stylish. Don't take it so seriously. Also, the comic was better.
>>
>>66860415
Isn't that essentially majority of /tv/?
>>
>>66862505
Self-contradiction was the point I was trying to make otherwise known as a paradox, it wasn't a bad discussion but I feel I was right and you didn't, wasn't going anywhere. But if you're going to be bitter, then just look up the definition and be done with it
>>
File: feddie.jpg (102 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
feddie.jpg
102 KB, 625x417
>>66860278
Contrary to a common misconception, being "Fedora" has less to do with what one thinks and more to do with how one lives.
Namely, it refers to people commonly known as "neckbeard" or "NEET". Adults who spend their whole day on the internet taking everyone from high while having never achieved something of their own and living off their own parents (often living in their house or having their rent pay by them).
The smugness of the fedora derives mostly from an ilusion of intelligence above the average due to some IQ tests taken online.
Another characteristic of the fedora is being virgin and spending all his time masturbating to all kind of fetishes. This trait characterizes his lack of practical sense.
>>
>>66863048
>Self-contradiction
But that's my point. It isn't self contradiction because there are two parties involved when people use the fedora meme to contradict another's opinion on this site.

And I agree it was a good discussion. I'm not bitter m90.
>>
File: Alan-Moore-Grant-Morrison.jpg (129 KB, 457x640) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Moore-Grant-Morrison.jpg
129 KB, 457x640
>>66860389
Kek. Can't floor the Moore.
>>
>>66862590
yes
>>
>>66860389
No fampie, Alan Moore has personally shit on the message of the movie and has called out the people who made it on missing the message of the comic
>>
>>66863217
What the hell? this meme never included mastrubating to fetishes or other disgusting shit.
It's just about being smug when you shouldn't be.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.