[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a show that does product placement worse than House
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1457489428860.png (652 KB, 1278x638) Image search: [Google]
1457489428860.png
652 KB, 1278x638
Is there a show that does product placement worse than House of Cards? They do this shit every season and are never ever subtle about it. It's almost like the writers are mocking us

How much would this even cost anyway?
>>
>>66857950
One plus paid $300,000 just to showcase their phone, and I don't even remember seeing it on the show compared to all the Samsungs and Dells everywhere so they must be paying twice as much.

That's good income for Netflix. They dont have commercial breaks so they need to integrate their advertising.
>>
I thought it was a not-so-subtle nod to all the viewers who called them out on "is that a PS Vita" and "I sold my Xbox on eBay" last season. Agar.io can't make making _that_ much money.
>>
I don't mind product placement as long as it's not fucking obnoxious like in Man of Steel. The most recent example I can think of is San Andreas when they show a shot of a lecture hall and all you can see are apple mac symbols.

I didn't even know if Agario was real desu, I thought he was playing snake at first.
>>
>>66859464
>The most recent example I can think of is San Andreas when they show a shot of a lecture hall and all you can see are apple mac symbols.

Thats not too unbelievable though, at my Uni 80+% of people use a Mac.
>>
>>66859421
They did it in first season with CoD and something in 2nd but I forgot. It's always been in the show

>80+% of people use a Mac.
Where do you live? That's way higher than my uni and probably most unis
>>
File: Mac-Lecture-Hall.jpg (235 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Mac-Lecture-Hall.jpg
235 KB, 600x400
>>66859464
>they show a shot of a lecture hall and all you can see are apple mac symbols
that's realism
>>
>>66859641
The second was god of war with the ps3 that he couldn't fucking play online and for some reason he just gave up on playing.
>>
>Is that a PS Vita?
>>
>>66859641
I am studying in Manchester, UK, and +80% of the computers in lectures are Macs.
>>
>>66858008
Isn't that for the next season?
>>
>>66857950
They did the same shit in what was it, 2 or 3? With Monument Valley. But Season 4 was definitely season of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I mean, they do have good taste.
>>
>>66857950
I thought he was gonna fuck Frank over by recording/streaming anything he said in private because he said his phone was always recording or something.
>>
>>66859464
Age of Extinction and the Transformer movies in general have always been top offenders. The Mountain Dew vending machines and Xbox 360 transformers stick out the most.

>>66860749
It was some half assed attempt at a visual aid describing how both Conway and Frank would devour others figuratively to achieve their goals.
>>
>>66859641
I thought first season was CoD too, turns out it was Killzone.
>>
>>66859750
>OOOH! Is that a PS Vita™
>>
File: tumblr_nc05pjTkge1tmnt1do1_1280.jpg (200 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc05pjTkge1tmnt1do1_1280.jpg
200 KB, 900x600
>>
>>66859850
not at man met or salford uni i hope
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.