[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove to me that kubrick isn't the most over rated director/writer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1456289037048.jpg (67 KB, 421x421) Image search: [Google]
1456289037048.jpg
67 KB, 421x421
Prove to me that kubrick isn't the most over rated director/writer of all time.

And no, your elaborate unsubstantiated (and often debunked by kubrick himself) theories of allegory don't count.

literally m night tier.
>>
I can't.
>>
>>66856376
I appreciate your honesty with me and yourself.
>>
well to start off he is overrated. but you mean a overrated bad director. he's overrated but good. i like the pacing in his movies, his dedication to camera work and scenery.
>>
>>66856354
I just can't name a single better director.

I'm not even a fan, I think 2001 is one of the most boring movies ever made.
>>
Don't think he's overrated but he's definitely one of the worst directors of all time
>>
>>66856354
He's overrated but still great. All of his films are classics.
>>
>>66856354

He paced the cinema that came after him
>>
>>66856354
the shining was shit
paths of glory and full metal jacket was delicious.
eyes wide shut and all illuminati shit was awesome.
dr. stranglove was nice.
i didn't watch the rest
>>
90% of classic dude art lmao movies are unwatchable garbage, usually filled with painfully pretentious, simplistic metaphors and imagery (see: everything Bergman ever shot). Movies are absolutely better nowadays, even garbage bluckbuster by Michael Bay has more expertise, care, craft and talent put into it than gay french shit like Au Hasard Balthazar. Film critics willfully pretend that old movies are deep and important because they need to justify their job and passion in life as something important to society, in the same way modern videogame journalists need to analyze their digital toys to death to find a speck of 'art' there
>>
>>66856547

is this pasta or are you this retarded for real?
>>
Just like I don't think I can point out a more flawless movie than The Godfather (plus its sequel), I don't think I'll ever be able to point out a movie that's more similar to a work of art than Clockwork Orange.

Can you even compare Kubrik to the current sacred cows of this industry like Spielberg?

I mean one is making entertainment, the other one made art
>>
I don't think he even understood what he was doing. He's the kind of the director that came on set and said, "Do it. Do something. Make it happen." And everyone would look at each and try their best until they gave me what he wanted after 15 hours of shooting
>>
>>66856588
case and point:
>>66856626
>I mean one is making entertainment, the other one made art
Penis-shaped furniture is art, you guys
>>
Are that autistic guy that gets rekt in every PTA thread and praises Harmeme Korine?
>>
>>66856547
>Film critics willfully pretend that old movies are deep and important because they need to justify their job and passion in life as something important to society
yeah that's why critics love Plan 9 From Outer Space.
>>
>>66856354
Hitchcock exists.
>>
>>66856547
(You)
>>
>>66856547
>2016
>being a Philistine

Ayy
>>
>>66858398
>>66858827
>>66856588
>I can't argue against it so I'll just meme
>>
>MUH OVERRATED
You realize this has nothing to do with the director and everything to do with the people you spend your time with you fucking twat?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.