[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yoda character development is unappreciated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: Yoda-heartache.png (887 KB, 1200x815) Image search: [Google]
Yoda-heartache.png
887 KB, 1200x815
Through the prequels... we see how how he became the Yoda we meet in Jedi... and how he came to his conclusion about violence and "war".

He knew the Jedi were heading down a dark path... but he went with it anyway. The Clone Wars corrupted the council.. especially Mace Windu... and perhaps even Yoda a bit... to which he was greatly a shamed of after Order 66 to the time of his death.

If Obi-Wan bore the weight of failing Anakin... Yoda bore the weight of failing not only the order, but Qui-Gon, the order, the galaxy, and himself.

I still don't understand why he felt like he couldn't finish his battle with Sideous. Probably because he exhausted his powers and was disarmed, and no doubt reinforcements were on the way to protect the Emperor

Anyways... I just wanted to share my feelings about how the Prequel Trilogy showed how Yoda's failures made him a much wiser mentor in the Original Trilogy.

>From a certain point of view.
>>
File: Yaddle.jpg (10 KB, 332x361) Image search: [Google]
Yaddle.jpg
10 KB, 332x361
This is now a "Yaddle tales" thread
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 1437x204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 1437x204
I completely agree, and I think there was a lot more going on in the PT than people pretend, but tourists will just call you a contrarian.
>>
>I still don't understand why he felt like he couldn't finish his battle with Sideous.
The entire Jedi Order's ability to use the Force had been diminishing since Episode 2.

Of course, you wouldn't know it from just looking at their fight scenes because they still have to make the Jedi look super powerful so that the fights will look cool. Windu does say it during both Episode 2 and 3 though.
>>
>>66824300
also reminder than "the yaddle puppet" was a younger yoda.

the idea was scrapped and qui gon replaced yoda.

it all makes sense
>>
>>66824391
What ever happened to Yaddle between Episode I and Episode II?

Such a bizarre background character in a series built on bizarre background characters.
>>
File: 1457291539962.jpg (52 KB, 599x554) Image search: [Google]
1457291539962.jpg
52 KB, 599x554
So does Scotland exist in the star wars universe?

I like to think that shortly after gaining our independence, we developed our own space program (free from the perfidious hinderences of england).

With the now unfettered genius of Scottish science, we launch space colonists looking for a new life beyond the stars. The journey is perilous, and scant few Scots are braw enough to take the risk. Most end up as two bit gangsters like this bloke.

Also what's this ''kanji club''? Kanji is a japanese writing system. Does this mean Japan was also colonising space alongsideScotland?
>>
>>66824446
Its all tieing in to the Marvel CU/ Star Wars crossover film!

Just you fucking wait!

If that ever does happen... I hope its its own universe to keep the Star Wars continuity pure.
>>
File: untitled.pngtreqwars.png (88 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
untitled.pngtreqwars.png
88 KB, 259x194
gay trek vs gay wars

will happen a lot sooner than marvel vs star wars.

screencap this
>>
>>66824300
Uh... You mean because he was deeply sorry for what he did when he was in power in prequels, he later chose to live in a swamp partly to punish himself, and played dumb all the time when he was Luke's master?

Where is this guilt or regret you are talking about in OT? I only see a happy swamp creature. Similar to Shrek.
>>
>>66824544 There too different. It wouldn't blend well. I also don't like Treck. I tried to get into it... the characters are all robots. I just can't relate.

At least I can relate to Luke, Anakin, and Obi-Wan, even Finn. Picard isn't even fucking human.
>>
>>66824613
>"Wars not make one great"
>"Once you start down the dark path, forever shall it consume you."
>"A bad jedi he was... a powerful jedi he was."
>>
>>66824446
sorry dude but star wars is actually set in a very distant past so that autists can't fantasize like that
>>
>>66824446
In the cartoon there's a planet of pacifist Irish lemurs and I wish I was making this up
>>
>>66825528
That's nice, dude, but I don't watch children's cartoons.
>>
>>66825667
Anime counts as a cartoon FYI!
>>
>>66825667
I wish I didn't watch it either. It sucked.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 355x642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 355x642
obligatory
>>
>>66825667
What is Star Wars
>>
>>66824640
Actually, none of the characters in Star Wars are biologically human. It happened long time ago in a galaxy far far away, so humanity most likely didn't even exist back then. It's just a coincidence that they look like humans (and for obvious movie making reasons)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.