[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>plebs always asking about a "space opera" like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 123145456.jpg (82 KB, 800x513) Image search: [Google]
123145456.jpg
82 KB, 800x513
>plebs always asking about a "space opera" like BSG or, god forbid, Stargate (lel)
>the grandest space opera in moving pictures already exists only rivaled by literature

Ok, kids. Maybe you should stop watching Hollywood and their newest casting couch victims and watch some real fucking shit. Because this is it. The benchmark when it comes to sci-fi outside of books.
>>
>10 frames per minute
>>
Is this actually good enough for a non-weeb to devote hours of his life too?

I watched some on youtube and the animation was like Space Ghost / Sealab / ATHF-tier.
>>
>Because this is it. The benchmark when it comes to sci-fi

How's it going reddit? You should check out 2001: A Space Odyssey sometime. It might be too deep for you though.
>>
>>66823117
It was the fucking 80s, animation was hard to do back then.

And yes, the show may not look great but the themes and political drama are extremely advanced, not just for anime but for sci-shows in general.
>>
>>66823117
its shit. 100 episodes of snore inducing babby politics featuring flat characters, "genius" strategic decisions, recycled animations. Weebs love it because its a speck smarter than average harem show about cute girls showing their pannies
>>
>>66823058
Good space opera, not good Sci-Fi
>>
>>66823058

what is this called?
>>
That's not the Dune miniseries.
>>
>>66823206
Tale of Interstellar Champions
>>
>>66823058
it was
kind of boring
>>
>>66823117

>Is this actually good enough for a non-weeb to devote hours of his life too?

Yes it is.

>I watched some on youtube and the animation was like Space Ghost / Sealab / ATHF-tier.

The animation is from the eighties, so yes, you have to get used to it in order to better appreciate the show.
>>
>>66823058
>>>/a/
>>
>>66823117

Its not action. Its literally political drama put into a cartoon. And it has the most fulfilling ending of any story ive ever seen.
>>
>>66823211
>dune
>pulling off anything good
I liked the Metabarons, though.
>>
I've never seen this show but I remember when /pol/cucks would flood the board with memes from it and every other show or movie where that was the case was a complete piece of shit that just happened to agree with /pol/'s politics while being complete piece of shit.
>>
File: 1457124951814.jpg (92 KB, 1205x721) Image search: [Google]
1457124951814.jpg
92 KB, 1205x721
>>66823477
>Being this butthurt by a board
>>
>>66823477
I wish hating /pol/ was a bannable offense.
>>
>>66823235

T.hanks
>>
>>66823584
>>66823617

Well I guess that answers any about whether it's actually good or if it's just /pol/ pandering.
>>
>>66823761
It doesn't. You're just an annoying faggot that needs every space to be a safe space.
>>
>>66823058
Is it better than Monster though?
>>
>>66823394

The miniserie was a great watch imo
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.