[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
From the man who brought us Dark City and The Crow. This is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: gods-of-egypt.jpg (352 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
gods-of-egypt.jpg
352 KB, 1191x670
From the man who brought us Dark City and The Crow.

This is a thread about people like Ridley Scott, George Lucas, even Steven Spielberg among others who just lost their magic.

Why can't old people direct /tv/? When do they lose that something special?
>>
>>66822229
i liked it
>>
I would think if anything, the old people should be better directors. My guess is that they see how much money flashy blockbusters are making and decide to use CGI as a main component in their storytelling and action.
>>
>>66822229
Lucas never liked to direct and had to cuz his friends like Steven and Robert zemekis wouldn't do episode 1

Spielberg stopped being fun when the 2000s hit

Ridleys had a rough life having brother after brother die
>>
>>66822278
It had one or two kinda interesting scenes but overall it was dull as fuck
>>
>>66822284
Movies are art (money making art, but still art). It changes over the years. What people loved and liked a few decades ago can now be seen Ias silly or laughable sometimes. It's hard to adjust yourself to the current times as an auteur. If you do what you want/like/are good at, you will have a lot of people calling you out for playing it safe or being stuck in the past. If you try something new and it doesn't work, you're screwd and can have trouble working again. Doing something very formulaic (by Hollywood standards, not by the auteur's standards) means you will make some money, get new job offers, etc.
>>
The Martian was pretty good. Ridley Scott has always been all over the place quality-wise
>>
Spielberg's last was excellent
>>
But George Miller released the best Mad Max yet last year and he's old as fuck.
>>
>>66822431
Best? No. Most impressive? Hell yes!

It's not that good of a movie storywise, but the stunt work, direction, cinematography, etc. were top notch.
>>
>>66822431
probably gonna get assraped for this, but both mad max 1 and 2 were far better than fury road. fury road was a good movie but nothing special. also i'm not white knighting women or anything, honestly, but that movie isn't even a mad max movie, they could have replaced his role with "nameless drifter" and nothing would have been lost. it should have been called Furiosa
>>
>>66822428
maybe on a technical level, but god it was BORING.
>>
>>66822601
ADHD?
>>
> Alex Proyas

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>66823055
WE
>>
>>66823252
WUZ
>>
>>66823319
KANGS!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.