[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate this movie? Hard mode: No mention of other websites
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 10
File: the force awakens banner.jpg (456 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the force awakens banner.jpg
456 KB, 1280x720
Why do you hate this movie?

Hard mode: No mention of other websites or sociopolitical agendas
>>
Nobody who isn't a tryhard faglord hates TFA.
>>
File: 1451928169361.jpg (19 KB, 450x297) Image search: [Google]
1451928169361.jpg
19 KB, 450x297
No sexy twi'lek sidekicks was my primary complaint. But obviously thats a flaw of the series as a whole.
>>
Seemed generic, even when the prequels were bad they were imbued with a creative spark
Didn't seem necessary
Girls aren't that strong
Too much fan service
WAY too many plot holes (!!!)
Ridiculously OTT Nazi allegory
No magic Lucas touch
"Finn"(?) was REALLY ugly
Droids aren't balls
Destroyed EU which had superior ideas
>>
The death of Star Wars came with a bang. The gunshot fired by hack J.J. Abrahms. The prequel trilogy wasn't enough for Abrams. There has been five shots in the body of the once great franchise, and of those shots, The Force Awakens was the most fatal.

Whereas the originals were brave, bold, and fresh coming from true auteurs like George Lucas, J.J. was stuck in the past, and a past he frankly couldn't understand. To him, Star Wars was not about a new galaxy. They were not about heroes looking for a fresh start, succeeding or failing for various reasons. They even lack the ability to subtly subvert roles and archetypes like Revenge of the Sith would, and fail to even satisfy basic genre requirements of proper thrills and entertainment like an original trilogy entry would.

Instead, what films like The Force Awakens represent is the value, or lack thereof, of cheap fan pandering. J.J.'s film lack a world view. The stories are merely means to the end set pieces. Watch in this film as he incorporates the Death Star #57 merely as an excuse to have a set piece in which they blow up a planet. Why? Because A New Hope did it, and the cheapness of J.J. was dedicated to making copycat of everything done better by the originals.

The main characters are a girl, a black man, and a Latino, and in doing so he reveals his motivations as a businessman, not an artist. This isnt done because it makes the story better, or because its the right thing to do, its to increase popularity with the social justice warriors that would be glad to sacrifice integrity for "diversity".

The only reason this film has scope comes through J.J.'s use of practical effects, and yet anyone bothering to pay attention notices how J.J. betrays the composition of his own set up by cutting into close ups of CGI characters, simply because he's such an unimaginative hack. One can't completely blame him though, the talent of J.J. is as empty as the souls of Disney
>>
Truly robbing the film of any scope it seeks to admit is a tired story about a chase for power. Whereas films like Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith showed caution at romanticizing power, J.J. revels in it, because it's all his cheap bag of tricks has. The adventure itself isn't particularly adventurous anyways. This is a two hour film that spends most of its time lobbying around in rooms as characters try con the audience out of a desire for any actual forward momentum. Whenever this doesn't work, J.J. throws in John William's nauseating score.

What was once a great franchise that turned out some of the best and most influential films cinema has to offer, J.J. kills it and puts it back to the artistic value of a penny dreadful. His only reason for success comes at the opportunity of his film coinciding with the supposed death of Star Wars. Had the prequels arrived later, J.J. would have been properly rejected for his cheap hack filmmaking methods. Instead he is improperly regarded as a hero of Star Wars, when he is nothing more than a hack. Yet the biggest offense is that his films are so boring in spite of their indulgence to cheapness. At least the original trilogy made their trash fun
>>
'twas a glib facsimile.
>>
It put the other movies, except ESB, in evidence. And I cannot accept the fact that I've been liking substandard stuff all this time.
>>
>>66816708
glib facsimile
>>
>>66816708
To much pandering to the fans
The safest movie ever made
Creativity (one of the few actual strong points of the prequels) is nonexistent
That plot. have I seen it anywhere else?
Fast pacing which aims to mask narrative flaws
Almost zero world building aside from the character's immediate surroundings
Feels more like an action flick
>>
>>66816708
Good set up for the next movie but it is definitely nowhere near as good of a film as any of the ot, it's clear now that this is just a stepping stone to the next movie and hopefully the next one can be a strong movie without the need to setup the third if not I have no faith in it being close to the ot quality wise.
>>
Any of you faggots feel like Rey should have been 'super powerful force wizard' from before the story started and not 'super powerful stick fighter'?

Then make Kylo's force less OP and make him all about physical lightsaber force and you got yourself an end battle that I could believe actually happened. As it is, Rey won because the script said she did.
>>
>>66816909
>>66816912
Uh...
>>
>>66816708

I don't hate this movie. I just hate niggers, jews and women.
>>
>>66816952
Hey newfriend
>>
>>66816708
It was incredibly unoriginal and fairly predictable e.g.

It was really obvious that Han was going to die and that seemed like the "big twist" of the film

But basically Rey's character was really fucking uninteresting and had no depth or interesting traits, and you could see this in a lot of films where Ridley just wasn't sure how to act and everything she did just felt fake.

Finn's Character was really cool for the record and is what kept me interested in the movie.
>>
>>66816935
It doesn't pander to the fans at all
>>
Not good but not bad either.
>Story felt lackluster since the movie was essentially a museum for the OT. I guess that was Disney's intention, which is why they hired JJ Abrams, but a little more creativity would've helped.
>Rey is such a fucking bland character, who is too good at everything. I'm fine with her being a techie and knowing the Millenium Falcon more than Han Solo (since it was stolen from him and modified), but I can't buy that she's instantly a good lightsaber combatant just because she fought with a staff.
>Forced nostalgia callbacks and Whedonesque quips, especially that godawful parsecs line.
>Even the score wasn't that good. I was expecting the Luke's theme at the end to be full Binary Sunset, but they altered it to a more anti-climactic version.
>Daisy Ridley, although better than Hayden and Jake, is the worst actor among the cast. There were some moments where she was literally Power Rangers tier.

V > IV > VI > III => VII > I >> II
>>
>>66816935
>safest movie ever made

They only killed off Han Solo (which George backpedaled on in RotJ out of fear it would affect toy sales) and made the villain a whiny cunt instead of a generic 2d badass like Darth Maul

>prequels were creative

jesus christ, stop saying this, FUCK YOU, the prequels are just, as if not moreso, dependent on nostalgia baiting. Did you forget the fucking poetry meme?
>>
I don't hate it but it did disappoint me. All the hype and it turned out to be a less eventful version of Episode 4.
It did feel more authentic to the original trilogy though.
>>
>>66816735
>This is what TFA babbies actually believe
>>
to counter this copypasted post>>66816861
it wasn't that it was pandering or "stuck in the past". Anyone who says that clearly has never viewed films from the 70's-80's era of cinema.
This was a modern paint job on a franchise with NONE of the care or respect a new entry deserves. This was a by the numbers super hero film under the guise of Star Wars. Every beat, dialogue and especially characters seem stolen from some script sitting on the shelf.
There is no personality that exists beyond standard tropes from the modern era.
Say what you will about the prequels but at least they were delivered with sincerity and played straight.
The force awakens had snarky undignified presentation, which exists in everything marvel these days.
Star Wars whether you love or hate it always had a dignified almost stage play like quality to it. It was presented as straight as it could where it mattered.
>>
File: 1456938833592.png (379 KB, 756x543) Image search: [Google]
1456938833592.png
379 KB, 756x543
>>66816708
Nice action movie.
No depth but it can be fixed with more creative writing and directing.
>>
didnt like it the 1st watch 2nd watch Really enjoyed it actually... but so many fucking plotholes and FFS they blow up the entire new republic without even fucking mentioning that there was a "new republic" to actually even give a fuck about? although the death lazor scene was pretty mad people literally stopped giving a fuck 5 seconds after billions of people died and 5 planets got assploded???
>>
>>66816708
Because it was a two hour trailer for the next movie.

I got nothing out of it that the trailers didn't already imply or that A New Hope didn't do better.
>>
>>66817559
What show?
>>
>>66816708
It was a remake of a New Hope without having the balls to actually call itself what it was. I'm sure it was something the execs even threw around "what about rebooting the whole series?" and decided it was a mistake. So they went the safe route and just remade it all from the ground up.

But the remake wasn't as good as the original and ultimately shat all over the character arcs of the original. Kylo killing Han was supposed to invoke a visceral reaction where we become invested and really hate Kylo, but all it did was make us dislike the movie. It was like watching a JJ fanfic goober character kill a piece of cinematic history for shock value.
>>
>>66817689
>Kylo killing Han was supposed to invoke a visceral reaction where we become invested and really hate Kylo, but all it did was make us dislike the movie.

Fucking this. He could've gone out guns blazing, but nope. Better make his ugly-as-shit son kill him.
>>
>>66817689
People who complain about it being a "remake" of a New Hope get so hung up on superficial elements like a droid containing a MacGuffin and a new death star that they avoid everything new the movie has to offer, like the characters.

>"And," he goes on, "yes, they destroy a weapon at the end of this movie, but then something else happens which is, I think, far more critical and far more important — and I think even in that moment, when that is happening, the thing I think the audience is focused on and cares more about is not, 'Is that big planet gonna blow up?' — 'cause we all know it's gonna blow up. What you really care about is what's gonna happen in the forest between these two characters who are now alone."

Characters were unique and interesting, esp Kylo. You just engage with your entertainment passively and can't see past surface level stuff.
>>
>>66816708
nothing new
plus
no likable or interesting characters besides the bad guy
>>
blatant propaganda made for little baby men
>>
>>66817724
>Fucking this. He could've gone out guns blazing, but nope. Better make his ugly-as-shit son kill him.

Yeah, he should have gone out like LE EPIC BADASS while spouting an EPIC ONE LINER like NEVER TELL ME LE ODDS xD after killing 10 billion stormtroopers and singlehandedly blowing up Starkiller base!

fuck off
>>
>>66817775
>implying that isn't Han Solo's character
>implying that's not what he did to save the princess from the death star

no you fuck off, you're literally arguing against yourself
>>
>>66817724
That was probably the best scene in the movie, since everything else was bland and forgettable.
>>
>>66817775
Eat shit. If you think that's the only way to go out guns blazing then you're legitimately retarded.
>>
>>66817810
It wasn't memorable because it was good.
>>
>>66817803
Yeah, because he should have stayed the wisecracking sardonic smuggler he was at the beginning of the original trilogy, fuck character growth

and if you fucking say "BUT HE'S A SMUGGLER IN THIS MOVIE!" I'm going to punch you in the fucking teeth
>>
>>66817775
>if you don't agree with one extreme, then you must have wanted the other!

You're an idiot.
>>
Forgettable rehashing of ANH.
>>
>>66817852
>>66817900
A death that concludes Han's character arc (even if it's a bad end) and advances Kylo's is infinitely more interesting than generic guns blazing badass death.

You just see Han solo as an escapist fantasy badass instead of an actual character
>>
File: 1456078123269.jpg (31 KB, 600x433) Image search: [Google]
1456078123269.jpg
31 KB, 600x433
>>66817904

>still spouts memes
>>
>>66817879
>if you argue against my shitty point with its logical counter I will fly to your actual location and punch you really really hard
>>
>>66816708

Because I like movies not 2 hour long action scenes where the plot isn't even remotely clear.
>>
>>66816708
I don't.

It didn't live up to the previous movies but it wasn't bad either. Pacing and character development felt a bit rushed, but it was still a really cool movie
>>
>>66817930
>getting sucker stabbed concludes his character arc

Stop pretending this movie is anything but a soulless cash grab that gives a shit about its own content.
>>
>>66817742
Too be honest, yeah I think episode 8 has the potential to be good. Luke will be back, and the plot will be unique with Kylo getting trained and likely getting his Knights of Ren.

Hopefully they tone down Rey doing literally everything better than everyone.
>>
>>66817933
>facts are memes when I disagree with them
>>
>>66817945
The whole point of Han being a smuggler in this movie isn't because "oh man he was a smuggler in the original movie fans'll LOVE it", he's a cowardly old man who ran away from his problems and went to the job that gave him the least amount of personal responsibility for what happened to Ben. When he meets with Finn, Rey, and reunites with Leia he realizes he needs to man up and solve his problems instead of running away from them, and try to redeem his son

Again, you're an idiot that can only engage in film in an entirely superficial level, you don't see actual characters.
>>
>>66817930
You really don't think there's any other way to die while fighting.

Fuck, he could have at least moved to draw his gun. Something. Do you really think he wouldn't have expected his cocksucker of a disappointing son to at least apprehend him?

It's bullshit.
>>
>>66817972
If all you got out of that scene was "Han got sucker stabbed!" you really are a fucking moron
>>
>>66818001
>he thinks Jewjew and friends thought this far ahead

Holy shit you're cute.
Kik?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
The rape scene was a little over the top.
>>
>>66818029
It's exactly what the screenwriters intended. Pretending its anything more is pure headcanon.
>>
>>66816708

I don't hate it, it was okay. Certainly much much better than the last three sw movies.

The forced diversity bothered me, but I enjoyed the film nonetheless despite the directors obvious agenda.
>>
>>66818045
This is all explained in the movie, you fucking retard.

>We each had to deal with it in our own way...I went back to the only thing I was ever good at

but because le corporate jew SJW boogeyman the movie automatically has no character or heart because you say so
>>
>>66818071
I don't think that's a legal kik name.
>>
>>66818067
It's a culmination of Kylo Ren rejecting any possibility of redemption because he has equated goodness with weakness. He's constantly been pulled towards the light, his conscience is telling him to stop killing people, and he's being torn apart because of it. He thought killing the source of his pain, i.e. his family connection, his father, would make the pain go away and allow him to fully commit to the dark side, but it only made it worse.

but yeah, what the fuck ever, it didn't mean anything because you, some retard on the internet, said so. Character development and language of cinema is just memes
>>
>>66818127
CRAAAAAAAAAAAWLING
>>
>>66818127
>TFA is now cinema

kek
>>
>>66818071
>>66818127
That sounds edgy and horrible.
Is that really what I missed?
>>
>>66816708
Disliking it because it's saturated by sociopolitical agendas is perfectly acceptable. You cannot cherry pick out the reasons that triggers you to suit your memes.

That's liberalism.
>>
>>66818189
It's not "edgy" the point is that Kylo Ren fucking hates being evil but thinks being good is a sign of weakness, and when he tries to be the big bad sith lord it makes him hate himself even more.

but yeah keep spewing buzzwords so you can pretend to be a patrician on a cantonese calligraphy image board
>>
i think instead of light side going dark ie anakin. they will go full family mode with dark side going light ie kylo

luke and or rey will be the reason
>>
>>66818053
Like his father, Kylo raped first.
>>
The Marvel tier pacing made it impossible to care about anything that was happening

Kill Han? We're over it in seconds because we have to get to the next action set piece
Blow up an entire system? Who cares, set piece

I really don't remember much of the movie at this point
>>
>>66818242
>It's not "edgy" the point is that Kylo Ren fucking hates being evil but thinks being good is a sign of weakness, and when he tries to be the big bad sith lord it makes him hate himself even more.

That's edgy as fuck, pal.
>>
>>66818275
No, if he were fucking edgy he'd be a generic Sith Lord who was powerful and said badass stuff like "nothing personnel...kid" and never showed signs of weakness. showing how much it sucks to be evil isn't edginess

But yeah, keep spouting buzzwords, at this point you're either baiting or you're genuinely retarded, no skin off my back either way
>>
>>66818242
Are you high? Your description reads like the edgiest shit imaginable.
>>
>>66818242
No need to be upset.
I just find your descriptions of what you watched to be the trainwreck I was afraid of. Sure, I'll give em points for trying, but Kylo just sounds like an awful character.
>>
>>66818275
>>66818335
>>66818341
was the phantom menace your first Star Wars, by any chance?
>>
>>66818314
>no skin off my back either way

Not who you're talking to, but you seem pretty upset.
Start another sentence with "But yeah, keep doing X."
>>
>>66818359
ANH on release.

Which is almost like saying TFA on release, except with better characters, special effects, and story.
>>
>>66816708
slapstick humor
token black guy
fucking third death star
darth tantrum
fan service bullshit
no oc they basically took the eu jacen solo and a new hope and mashed em up
>>
>>66818387
>on release

Where did everything go so wrong for you?
>>
>>66816708
shorter list would be the good things

>characters
>story
>dialog
you name it, all 0/10 and awful
>>
>>66818387
>40+ years old and posting on a vietnamese origami image board

no wonder you're so fucking bitter, lmao
>>
>>66818359
Nope.
I just know the difference between good character development and edgy schlick material.

Kylo's the second one.
>>
>>66818127
>>66818242
>>66818314
>but yeah
>but yeah
>but yeah

This is anger. This is genuine anger.
>>
File: autism.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>66818493
>attack the word choice instead of the argument!
>>
>>66818520
I mean there was already several posts doing that so why not mention how mad you sound
>>
>>66818520
Don't misunderstand; I don't care about your argument. I just know a mad anon when I see one.
>>
>>66818520
>attack the adhominems instead of the actual counterpoints

People are born with autism. What the fuck is your excuse?
>>
>>66818571
There have been no counterpoints, just "lmao that's so edgy"
>>
Rey IS a Mary-Sue. first act could have used some breathing time.
That's about it for me.
>>
>>66818624
Keep telling yourself that. At least you'll almost feel like you won an internet argument.
>>
>>66818674
>state character motivations and development explicitly stated in dialogue
>NUH UH JEW JEW ABRAMS DIDN'T THINK THAT FAR LMAO CHARACTERS ARE EDGY

denial of facts to suit an agenda is not a counterpoint, anon.
>>
>>66816708
Because it was boring, derivative and pandered exclusively to OTfags. It was basically a 2 hour advertisement to justify Disney's absurd marketing campaign, and that's not even getting to the dumb gender/minority politics it tried to shoehorn in.
>>
>make Sheev again, except make him look like voldemort
>make his sidekick an angsty teenager
>make the female protagonist a do-no-wrong godlike creature
>give the best actors as little screentime as possible
>cast a goofy black foil, just like in the 20s!
>kill off famous character in a shite way for shock value
>pump CG fucking everywhere while advertising that you're not gonna do that
>shitty version of yoda
>shitty version of the death star
>awful script
>worse pacing
>>
>>66818701
>requires explicit statement to develop characters

JJ is a fucking hack, m8. There's no defending that nonsense.
>>
>>>66818127
>kek

Back to b kid
>>
>>66818717
If anything it illustrated black people as brutes of inferior intelligence.
>>
>>66818772
Rey's introduction is done without a single line of dialogue from her, either, her character background told entirely through visuals, but every movie requires exposition to some extent, faggot.

You just decided you were going to hate the movie going into it, and you'll use whatever rationale you can to justify it even if it's not actually based in reality
>>
>>66817205
>poetry meme
https://youtu.be/k7ZW1gtCljs

Sure buddy. That's a meme.
>>
>>66818845
If she could act, you can bet your ass she would've been jabbering her ass off.

You're just upset because you can't believe that someone would be unamused by an awful sci-fi Disney movie.
>>
>>66818845
They literally said they did this specifically because Daisy Ridley couldn't act.

"Just getting started" and "still young" were words they used if I can recall.
>>
It was just so boring. No emotional weight, uninteresting characters and plot. Awful dogfighting scenes. Really cringey dialogue. Too much like the Marvel flicks.

I gave it a solid 3/10
>>
>>66818845
>Ridley had few lines

Gee I wonder why.
>>
>>66818881
Good job m8, you made me mad, epic b8, r8 it 8.8

Like I said, I believe you were unamused by it, but it's agenda driven, and you went into the movie wanting to hate it, and don't try to pretend otherwise.
>>
>>66818881
>>66818904
>>66818939
>god why are character motivations explained through dialogue!
>well here's this example where it wasn't
>WELL OBVIOUSLY IT'S BECAUSE SHE'S A SHIT ACTRESS

Wow, it's almost like you guys have an agenda and want to hate the movie and will use whatever rationale you can to justify it
>>
There's no meat to the story, it's entirely all flash and no substance, same problem I had with Mad Max.
>>
>>66818931
Don't remind me.

>planning to attack a planet sized super weapon
>Not one Y Wing in the fleet
>Not one capital ship on either side

Wasn't this the First Orders home base, where the fleet of star destroyers around the base?
>>
>>66818941
>it's agenda driven

I was hyped as fuck for it, anon. That's a fact.
The problem is it just wasn't good. It was missing so much of what made the OT good. Maybe it was a lack of creativity, maybe it was that lack of risktaking that made ANH work, maybe it just felt too sterile, like how the PT felt.

Not to mention the tried-and-true Live Action Disney trend of godawful antagonists. Snoke and Kylo simply failed to impress, anon.
>>
>>66818976
Yes, it can't be because she was a bad actress, and even the crew heavily implied as much.
It's a big conspiracy, anon. That's gotta be it.
>>
>>66819029
I love how you say in the same breath that TFA took no risks then complain that Han didn't die like a badass and Kylo Ren was "edgy" or "emo"

Remember when George Lucas backpedaled on killing Han Solo because he was afraid it would affect toy sales? THAT is risk aversion.
>>
Han would never have died at all if Harrison didn't insist on dying.

Remember that whenever you start to think that his death was a bold move. It was the only choice the producers had to get Han.

The real bold move would've been to go forward without him.
>>
>>66819106
Yes, because just killing off Han in-between trilogies or just not mentioning him entirely would have been the better move instead of giving the character a proper conclusion
>>
>>66819102
Killing a 70 year old man who we haven't seen since 1983 and has long been on record as wanting to be killed off isn't a risk
>>
>>66819102
How was making a shitty villain risky? How as literally anything they did risky? Hell, the only reason Han died was because Harrison Ford was only ever going to jump on the nostalgia train if he got a death scene out of it.

JJ and friends knew that this was gonna make bank no matter what. There was zero fear that TFA was going to flop.
Meanwhile, 30 years ago, the cast of ANH flew coach because nobody knew if the project was going to succeed.

I'm not talking about risk aversion.
I'm saying that TFA was beyond any kind of risk at all. They could've done literally anything with the IP, and they took the path of least resistance anyway.
>>
>>66819130
>implying that was a proper conclusion

Sure, it added to Kylo's sorry excuse for a character, but it did nothing for Han's.
>>
>>66819130
Or not including him at all.
Or not including the skywalkers at all.

It's a big galaxy.
>>
>>66819160
>How was making a shitty villain risky?

Because they could have just made a generic Darth Maul type that would have pleased retards like you, because even if he had the depth of a shallow puddle at least he didn't try to be a complex character like they tried to do with Kylo Ren. Regardless of how you feel about the ultimate execution, they at least TRIED to make a complex and compelling villain with Kylo Ren.
>>
>>66819199
and then you'd be complaining that they disrespected the legacy of the original trilogy by not including the original protagonists and you just really wanted to know what happened to Luke after RotJ
>>
File: 1455450731773.webm (627 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1455450731773.webm
627 KB, 720x304
Best scene
>>
>>66819219

can her cud not wait?
>>
>>66816708
>bland as fuck
>too much pottery makes it feel like the same movie all over again
>dumb nigger looks like an ape
>bad guy is like a spoiled teenager and consequently not intimidating at all
>le subtle nazi bad guys
>CGI overused, almost no practical fx

I think the worst part about the movie was that there was nothing really terrible just as nothing really awesome. They just didn't take any risks. My biggest praise is for having been shot on film.
>>
>>66816708
Hate? It's just boring and pointless.
>>
>>66819203

Snoke was generic as fuck, and even Kylo was your typical angsty teenager who made bad decisions, just like Anakin "Even the Younglings" Skywalker. There is nothing in either character that I haven't seen before in a multitude of movies, and more effectively.

Why would you automatically assume that I would want another Maul type character? Are you so unimaginative to not even consider that other antagonist types exist?
>>
>>66819219
Every scene on Jakku is great.
>>
>>66819216
Only if it was shit.
Done well, I would've enjoyed the movie and applauded its fresh approach.
>>
>>66816708
They should have set it 100s of years in the future and just had luke as a force ghost occasionaly. Then they could do whatever they wanted but still have a link to the past. Now we are stuck in a dead end pile of shit story that even JJ Binks doesn't even know where it's headed. That's fine for a tv pilot like lost but not for an epic fantasy saga.
>>
>>66819271
You're moving the goalposts. I don't give a shit if you liked Kylo Ren, I already know you have shit taste. My point is that if they were refusing to take risks they would have made an absolutely inoffensive generic badass who served no role in the story except to show up for the last lightsaber fight and to get killed.
>>
File: image.jpg (225 KB, 1280x848) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225 KB, 1280x848
>>66816708
It's okay for a flick that arrived thirty years too late, but there's no craftsmanship, no dramatic propulsion, and no characters.

It's a Marvel chucklefest with nothing to say visually or in terms of dialogue. It's just your standard mid-90's American action movie.

http://youtu.be/dGwhjxWslZ8
>>
>>66819311
Snoke is exactly that inoffensive generic badass, and he's clearly the main antagonist of the series.

Kylo is gonna switch sides by the end, just like his granddaddy.
That's not character development. That's not TRYING to make a complex antagonist. That's copypaste bullshit whether you want to see that or not.
>>
>>66819271
Sorry mate, I don't want a complex character in a Stawars film. I want explosions, creativity, chases, battles, duels, done with real emotion and excitement. If you want character complexity watch a different movie. There is no character complexity in the OT. The most complexity in the whole Saga is Anakin and that is serviceable to push along the action
>>
>>66819362
We know absolutely nothing about Snoke and we don't know where Kylo Ren's character arc is going from here. It's baseless speculation framed to suit your hatred of the movie.
>>
>>66819311
>calls kylo out for the annie ripoff he is
>Y-YOU'RE MOVING THE GOALPOSTS

lol
>>
File: 1457393861374.jpg (147 KB, 845x1217) Image search: [Google]
1457393861374.jpg
147 KB, 845x1217
Rey acute
>>
>>66819403
I'm screencapping this just in case you're still here by the time IX releases.

This is exactly what's going to happen. It's predictable as fuck.
>>
>>66819403
Keep hoping, buddy.
This series is just gonna result in more poetry. It'll just get even less risky from now on.
>>
>>66819363
>There is no character complexity in the OT
It ain't our fault you don't pay attention to the movies you watch.
>>
>>66819403
This shit is literally Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Ugly confused child's gonna switch over at some point, and the real bad guy is just gonna be PURE EVIL and melodramatic.
This is Disney we're talking about, anon. It's already ruined Marvel.
>>
>>66816708
No hate, quality of the movie doesn't match hype and high expectations from this franchise. >also paying full price admission to watch a 38 year old movie rip off.
/thread
>>
>>66819493
Marvel Studios was making bad movies before Disney even bought them. It's a hands off relationship and there's no excuse, you should point the finger at Marvel instead of being a delusional fanboy.
>>
>>66816708

It's a clone / ripoff of A New Hope with small copies of ESB.

Nothing original.

It's also pretty dumb and lame in regards to lore and new ships / aesthetic designs.
>>
>>66819541
Marvel's antagonists went to utter shit after the buyout.

Hell, the only one that actually tried for complexity ended up changing sides, and even then Robert Redford was the real villain anyway.
>>
>>66819648
Really? Which ones? Because the only antagonists we had before the buyout were Obadiah Stane and the Abomination, neither of which were all that compelling.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.