[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize Zack Snyder is a genius?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1.png (79 KB, 1282x809) Image search: [Google]
1.png
79 KB, 1282x809
When did you realize Zack Snyder is a genius?
>>
>>66814150
dumb reddit poster
>>
about 20 minutes into sucker punch
>>
Wait DOES Superman kill Zod in the original films also? I've never seen them.

If so why do people whine about him killing Zod in this new movie?
>>
File: MoS3[1].jpg (86 KB, 1916x806) Image search: [Google]
MoS3[1].jpg
86 KB, 1916x806
>>66814150
during this scene
>>
>>66814252
>Wait DOES Superman kill Zod in the original films also? I've never seen them.

No he doesnt. They fall into parts of the Fortress of Solitude, and it is unclear what happens to them. People assume they died because they never show up in Superman 3 or 4, but there is nothing showing they were killed.
>>
>>66814150

Sucker Punch
>>
>>66814201
>>66814395

>Tfw I enjoyed Sucker Punch
Am I a pleb /tv/?
>>
>>66814335

No, they clearly died. They no longer had their powers when superman threw them down and they fell to their deaths. It is stupid to assume otherwise. Snapping Zod's neck was just more graphic.
>>
>>66814628
>tfw I enjoyed MoS and cant wait for BvS

I still think Goku would beat Superman in a fight.
>>
>>66814150
>quick fight scenes
>>
>>66814150
Were you lurking on Reddit?
>>
>>66814628
Enjoying Sucker Punch means you are a patrician kino connoisseur I'm not even joking, it's not great but there's no way a pleb would appreciate what it did
>>
>>66814727
So in other words, it's left completely ambiguous and there's no definite answer, and having Superman literally snap a guy's neck is a dumb choice. Alright.
>>
>>66816058
You might literally be retarded anon. You're replying to a fucking post that points out how explicit it is and not ambiguous at all. It's easier to survive a gunshot wound as an ordinary human than a fall from any significant height. Would you be saying it was ambiguous if Superman took a gun and shot them?
>>
>>66816343
Explicit means showing a death on camera, throwing someone off screen isn't explicit.

Not to mention the fact that the complaint is more in the way the scene was filmed. Superman violently snapping someone's neck is not in keeping with the character who is supposed to represent the best in humanity. Even if he should have to kill, after exhausting literally every opportunity to avoid doing so, it should not be filmed in a way that makes him look like Space Punisher.
>>
>>66816440
hint: in the scene where little clark is being bullied he is holding a paperback copy of plato's the republic
>>
>>66814727
>muh head cannon
in a deleted scene you see them being taken away by police
they're not dead
>>
>>66814300
This was the most retarded thing I'd seen in ages tbqhwy family
>>
>>66814628
The only bad thing in the movie was the repeated fantasy scenes. They were all the same and a let-down.
>>
>>66816829
That seen was deleted and unseen for what 30 years?

All that time people were totally cool with Superman giving Zod a Disney death by throwing him down a pit.

Now all of a sudden people are pretending that wasn't how people saw the ending of the movie for several decades.
>>
>>66818196
>he missed the metaphor and symbolism inherent in the fantasy scenes

somehow i suspect that's not all
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.