[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ripley's Believe it or Not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Ripleys.jpg (12 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Ripleys.jpg
12 KB, 300x225
Anyone remember this show?

What was your favorite part/episode?
>>
I remember the story about that Jewish woman who always tipped at a restaurant.
Absolute madwoman.
>>
>>66813315
Used to watch the 80's series reruns on cable. Never really bothered to watch this one. The Guiness series was far superior when it came to freak show shit.
>>
Loved the Jack Palance one when I was a kid, never seen Cain's version.
>>
File: 1456813535057.jpg (38 KB, 426x341) Image search: [Google]
1456813535057.jpg
38 KB, 426x341
>Dat Lyons episode
>>
I found the woman who practiced foot binding on herself strangely erotic
>>
>>66813315
I just remember when I first found out about Crackle way back when they first started and this is one of the shows they had licenced so I just marathoned the whole fucking series. Not bad desu
>>
Whatever happened to Dean Kane?
>>
>>66813557
Cain*
>>
>>66813557

He does a lot of straight to video stuff.
>>
File: 1386778466876.gif (3 MB, 322x354) Image search: [Google]
1386778466876.gif
3 MB, 322x354
>teased off the sexual one all show
>it always came out fookin' last for like 2 minutes
it took me a while to understand that always happened but damnit i got tricked
>>
>>66813585
I guess it's cool he's still getting work. I loved the Superman show he was in when I was little.
>>
Used to watch it daily
jerked off nearly every episode
>>
>>66813606
after a while I always found it underwhelming anyway
>>
>>66813409
wish i could find dvd quality of that old show, and not just a few shitty vhs recordings
>>
File: laughter stops.jpg (56 KB, 313x254) Image search: [Google]
laughter stops.jpg
56 KB, 313x254
>Be 7 or 8 when this show was still on air
>Always came on towards my bed time

>FIND OUT WHAT FUCKED UP THING WE FOUND INSIDE THE RIPLEY VAULT
>Stock creepy music playing
>Close ups of whatever fucked up thing they found
>Dean Cain leaving me alone with this terrifying object
>>
Ripley's could totally come back with another tv show now. Its been a while
>>
The episode with the statue. If you touched it you became pregnant out of no where. Women came to touch it and boom, prego.
>>
>>66813315
Yep and I got all the books too from booksales at my school. Guiness was a close second but I always liked how odd the show/books were for Ripley's.

I even went to the Newport, OR museum, the one in SoCal and the one in Jackson Hole.
>>
>>66813315
more like Ripley's Fake and Gay.
>>
>>66813444
wat?

nice trips
>>
>>66814171
who would host a modern version?
>>
File: 1456715996962.jpg (365 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
1456715996962.jpg
365 KB, 750x725
Every Wednesday I'd get subway and curl up to watch Ripley's and pretend I wasn't attracted to Dean Cain.
>>
>>66815777
Mario Lopez
>>
Beyond Belief Fact or Fiction was better
>>
>>66813371
Best one was about the black kid that had a father and the father had a PhD
>>
I remember being 6 or 7 watching this at 3 am naked lying on the couch because my stomach was hurting and I had the runs and didn't want my little scoobydoo ass undies squeezing my waist
>>
I remember watching it as a kid and seeing someone who had to get a large chunk of his face removed after eating moldy bread. Safe to say I triple checked my bread slices til I was well into my teens.
>>
File: worried.jpg (46 KB, 382x603) Image search: [Google]
worried.jpg
46 KB, 382x603
>that episode about a woman who drilled a hole in her own head
>>
The one with the family that sent a hot air ballon with Photos and belongings to the other side of the planet and family of dopplegangers found it.
>>
>>66813315
As a kid I always thought this guy was Ripley.
>>
The guy who was his own dentist and performed a root canal on himself while fully conscious.

Only reason he didn't go to the dentist was because he didn't want to pay.

Also giant rubber band ball getting thrown out of a plane and exploding on contact
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.