[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Punch-Drunk Love Analysis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1a.jpg (232 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1a.jpg
232 KB, 500x750
Hey /tv/ I've been working on analyzing specific scenes from various films for about a month now. This is my newest. It goes without saying that I'm bad at video editing. Just curious what you guys think.

https://youtu.be/3Bc9ejqSza8
>>
Try doing these videos using a South African accent. And use Comic Sans font to be ironic
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 469x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 469x505
>>66811770
this, desu senpai
>>
>>66811650
Try to be more charismatic. This is not the most entertaining of subjects, if you had more enthusiasm in your voice it would help carry the video more.
>>
>>66811770
i thought my annoying Philadelphia accent was annoying enough.
>>
Not bad actually, you should speak up a bit more.
>>
>>66811835
Thanks for the feedback. It's funny, I work in sales . I'm surprised I actually sell anything,
>>
>>66811650
Meme flick at best
>>
>>66811871
Thanks! I am really trying to "unlearn" my Philadelphia accent. It tends to muddle words together. I'll work on tweaking the mic a bit.
>>
>>66811897
Really? I think it's a very important film for PT Anderson. He finally got away from being just an Altman clone.
>>
>>66811650
Okay, I'll just give you a quick word of advice.

We do not need you to defend this movie in the beginning of your video. You do not need to give context. Just go straight into the analysis. Anyone that has an interest in your video is already going to have an opinion on the movie.
>>
fun video, very interesting analysis, but m8 your voice is so stiff, i could hear your eyeballs scanning the script as you read it.
>>
>>66811650
ehh not bad. you could probably cut down a lot info from the first minute. it doesn't matter if the movie was well received or what its imdb score, and whether or not you enjoy the other films in his filmography(?)

other than that, I like this one a lot better than your Jaws analysis.
>>
>>66812045
beat me (>>66812097) to it
>>
>>66812045
Thanks! I have been thinking about that. I figured I would give a bit of a background but I believe you are right.
>>
>>66812061
I absolutely was scanning the script. You are 100% correct. I suppose I should work on memorizing it a bit before I record.
>>
I don't have time to marathon your video no matter how food it is. Do you talk about Superman or Popeye?
>>
>>66811650
Holy shit I subbed to you a while ago after watching the fargo one keep doing it this kind of thing isnt really on youtube atm so I think youll be able to carve a nice niche

Like people have said a little more energy couldng hurt though
>>
>>66812097
Thanks for the feedback. Jaws was a huge part of my childhood so I felt the need to give a bit of background.
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (25 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
25 KB, 600x600
>>66811650
>ryan martian
>>
>>66812203
No I don't bring up that Superman theory. I casually mention how Harry Nilsson's "He Needs Me" was used.
>>
>>66812272
Go fuck yourself then.
>>
>>66812249
Perfect. It's a secret, though.
>>
>>66812301
I only mentioned how it was used, that's all.
>>
>>66812223
Thanks for the sub! How did you find that video?
>>
>>66812192
not saying having or reading from a script is bad or that the video was bad, but i would have enjoyed this a little more if you sounded like you had confidence in your theory. this sounded like a nervous student reading in front of their class
>>
>>66812435
I completely understand. I will work on this issue in my future videos. I appreciate someone else pointing it out. I'm a little new to this, so I still have a lot to learn.
>>
Thanks everyone for the feedback and advice. I knew I could rely on /tv/.
>>
Great movie
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.